Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly I was able to score the last one with DP Collectibles. Put my deposit down but will still make an attempt with SS as well just to ensure I get one. This is one character I'm willing to go the extra mile for... Guess only time will tell what happens.

business idea GIF

I would've got this if it had a normal release, but I'm definitely skipping it now. So are improved sculpts going to be exclusive to Artisan releases? If HT starts purposely half-assing sculpts for normal figures with a plan to improve the likeness with an Artisan release to get us to double dip, that'll make me drop them instantly.
I think since the only real difference compared to even a DX figure is just the rooted hair that a ton of characters wouldn't benefit from that so I only see this Artisan line being the most popular characters that will benefit from rooted hair.

I think since the only real difference compared to even a DX figure is just the rooted hair that a ton of characters wouldn't benefit from that so I only see this Artisan line being the most popular characters that will benefit from rooted hair.
Since the sculpted hair Joker was also so limited I had a bad feeling they'd start doing this with sculpted hair figures too, but I hope you're right. It's annoying since I would've liked to have this new sculpt and I don't care about the rooted hair, maybe they'll release another version in the future.

Last edited:
Since the sculpted hair Joker was also so limited I had a bad feeling they'd start doing this with sculpted hair figures too, but I hope you're right. It's annoying since I would've liked to have this new sculpt and I don't care about the rooted hair, maybe they'll release another version in the future.
Sculpted Joker is not limited, it's still available on sites that put up pre-orders for it, like amiami. It will be a wide release when it goes up on SS.

Sculpted Joker is not limited, it's still available on sites that put up pre-orders for it, like amiami. It will be a wide release when it goes up on SS.
Oh I guess I got confused, I thought that was also limited, thanks for the info. But now I'm still just annoyed that HT didn't make a new sculpted hair non-limited Anakin lol. There's no way I'm going to get this off ebay where a ton of these will end up.

Last edited:
Gotta feel for a lot of you. My personal experience PO'ing this guy at retail here in Asia has been nothing but smooth. Hopefully Sideshow handles this in a proper way and give everyone the best experience possible. Especially considering how big of an IP Star Wars/this Anakin is for their market

I wonder for how many people this has been such a turn off that it actually hurts HT is the long run?

I mean, no haired Anakin for so many, when the haired Obi-Wan shows up, many will just pass since they don't have the companion piece.
Or the RotS Artisan Mace Windu, even more will pass on that :LOL:

I wonder for how many people this has been such a turn off that it actually hurts HT is the long run?

I mean, no haired Anakin for so many, when the haired Obi-Wan shows up, many will just pass since they don't have the companion piece.

Already turned off by all this nonsense, I won't lose any sleep if I can't get him.

I'm sure we'll get a sculpted version of this after this, or at least by 2025 for the ROTS Anniversary.

I just realized on Pop Collectibles, the regular Joker is half the price as the rooted one. Rooted Anakin and Joker are both just shy of $700 (on their site at least)

Isn't that the price of the Barc Speeder? So technically I can just throw my Barc speeder on to the neck peg of my Anakin and it will be equal in value to the rooted Anakin? Sweet, I'm going to call this piece the Barnakin!

Would this hypothetical Obi-Wan have a rooted beard to go with the hair?

Actually it’s fixed with Qui Gon Jinn’s cloak. Pretty sure that’s what they used in the Kenobi 501st Clone promo shots. XD

Good luck to all who want this Anakin, I can feel I won’t get in line fast enough before he sells out in the first 1/1000 of a second.

It would be a shame for Hot Toys to develop this BRAND NEW, painstakingly accurate head sculpt only to be used on this low volume exclusive edition. Surely a cheaper to produce sculpted haired version won’t see the light of day after this one sells out, now that you got everyone hyped, right Hot Toys? *Wink wink*
Maybe they will save it for the rots anniversary

Back