Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my alien hot toys collection!!! Below are two of mine...

I posted in another thread but does anyone have any DIY stand ideas for these figures (particularly the dog alien who no longer can support himself due to joint issues)? I have them on U Stands, but HATE the base at the bottom since their feet are larger than the base lol

Attachments

• Alien_001.jpg
    Alien_001.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Alien_003.jpg
    Alien_003.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 265
I recently opened the P2 Elder V2 after storing it for a year, and damn am I impressed. I seem to remember HT teasing P2, AvP and AvP-R licenses in 1/6 and 1/4 some time back. They've pretty much exhausted the first two, but I sure hope they've not abandoned AvP-R in view of all the Marvel stuff they're occupied with. Crap movie, but Wolf's design is bad-ass - really want to see it remade.

Hey guys, has anyone bought one of these facehugger? Saw them on eBay but can't find a lot of informations about the real size or the producer. Are they ok with 1/6 scale figures?

7cd1608451012e5aca45718addad6bad.jpg

656c6ad6f9eaf3718a5a72c285f1be47.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I haven't bought one yet but was planning getting at least one of them soon. I believe they're 1/6 scale or really close to it.

Those facehuggers are from the MacFarlane 12". It came with 3 huggers. Pretty close to 1/6. Maybe a hair undersized , but not terrible

Correct. Those are from McFarlane.
They're very "bendy" but can not hold any other shape/pose other than the one shown because they do not have wire inside.

They do fit in with the HT Alien and Predator, however are slightly undersized and inaccurate. More pros than cons depending on the price.

Thank you guys! About the pics, yes they are seller's photo but sometimes ebay links don't work so I uploaded directly a screen from my iPhone and cut the white parts.

you can just take a ruler, adjust the image on screen to your actual ruler (so that 1 mm on screen = 1 mm IRL), put a human head on a screen and check if you like the facehugger size next to human head size :)
i always do so when i check the scale, when choosing ammo shells size for example.

Will try later! Painting looks not so accurate, I was planning about buying two, one to repaint and one to keep if I make a disaster.

Hi guys i saw this on ebay and i am interested in this. You reckon this can be fix?
536444c96eb1bac260435401aca12434.jpg
6f6f784537a36c273072601afbacbb74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys i saw this on ebay and i am interested in this. You reckon this can be fix?

Depends how much work you want to put in.
-If 'fix' simply means 'glue in place, permanantly' then yes that is easy.

-If 'fix' means to restore it so that it can move/pose and not fall off, then I kind of doubt it. In theory you could drill out the bad 'socket' and find a similarly sized socket from another foot, cut the foot of the good one away until it fits in the old hole and glue that in place. It would be a lot of work but could be done with the right combination of donor pieces and patience. There is no easy fix though.

Depends how much work you want to put in.
-If 'fix' simply means 'glue in place, permanantly' then yes that is easy.

-If 'fix' means to restore it so that it can move/pose and not fall off, then I kind of doubt it. In theory you could drill out the bad 'socket' and find a similarly sized socket from another foot, cut the foot of the good one away until it fits in the old hole and glue that in place. It would be a lot of work but could be done with the right combination of donor pieces and patience. There is no easy fix though.

Hmm true, i want to restore it but i think it'll a lots of work. I dont think i want to buy it now. Thanks mate

Couldn't think of another place to put this, but ADI recently put up a video regarding changes to the Alien design over the years and there are even some interesting revelations regarding Giger's opinion of the inner tongue and back tubes.

There are a few members on here with, shall we say, strong opinions regarding ADI's post-1992 work on the beast (I tend to be one of them), but their tell-all is a worthy watch. They've addressed the topic in passing before, but never in this much detail.

Couldn't think of another place to put this, but ADI recently put up a video regarding changes to the Alien design over the years and there are even some interesting revelations regarding Giger's opinion of the inner tongue and back tubes.

There are a few members on here with, shall we say, strong opinions regarding ADI's post-1992 work on the beast (I tend to be one of them), but their tell-all is a worthy watch. They've addressed the topic in passing before, but never in this much detail.

Odd choice of sig image Blade :lol The legs of Laura Dern and the late Bob Peck.

Interesting video. Cool guys, they have a sense of humour about the hate the later Alien designs get.

Back