Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just off-loaded my comic book collection in trade for complete displayed w/ box: Hicks, Apone, Drake, Husdson, and MMS-002 Hamburger face T-800

I have always wanted these, despite that they don't really hold a candle to today's HT's quality, but nevertheless I am happy to be rid of my comics.

Actually, other than the head sculpts, these are quite on par with today's HT offerings IMHO.

I love the attention to details on the outfits and accessories of these (yes there are areas that need fixing) and I can't wait to statr the processing of working on them.

I love the attention to details on the outfits and accessories of these (yes there are areas that need fixing) and I can't wait to statr the processing of working on them.

Congrats - I love this line and if you want to make the headsculpt and body upgrades they can look really incredible. As is I think the armor and weapons are incredible even for being one of there early releases.

3ytyju7a.jpg

AVP Baby!!!

Do you guys think we'll get to see a new Big Chap and Alien Warrior from Aliens and AVP since they have released the AVP predators and are going to release Ripley from Alien and Aliens.

I think they should do a new big chap and the AVP alien warriors and the alien queen. A couple of aliens from the second movie would be really nice too.

Do you guys think we'll get to see a new Big Chap and Alien Warrior from Aliens and AVP since they have released the AVP predators and are going to release Ripley from Alien and Aliens.

I think it's imminent...for a company whose bread and butter hinges on their level of likeness now,
They should redo their alien attempt since it couldn't be mistaken for any of the screen used suits even if blurred....

I hope so too but I'm afraid HT's plate will be full in the coming years with Marvel & DC. The xenomorphs are not their priority or maybe never will be. :(

Anyway, restored my Predalien figure yesterday. Sharing the before and after pics. :)

predalien-mod0_zps3a336532.jpg

predalien-mod1_zps5c898cd2.jpg

Good job on that. The paint had faded?

I think it's imminent...for a company whose bread and butter hinges on their level of likeness now,
They should redo their alien attempt since it couldn't be mistaken for any of the screen used suits even if blurred....

I doubt a redo would be much if any better in this regard. They just aren't fussy about non-human likenesses.

Not sure if the paint faded through the years but as far as I can recall the original paint was mute to begin with. I didn't repaint the figure though just applied the good old gloss and it improved the colors, details and shininess of the figure 10x. :)

Notice how dome reflects the light better and made it "darker". Much better in hand.

Hope to hell you're right. I could never stomach the idea of buying their Big Chap because of all the mistakes but strangely cherished the blue Alien warrior, which I know is no more accurate...anyway, its leg sheared the **** off at the knee in a way that I can't fix, and I'm dying to replace it.

Hope to hell you're right. I could never stomach the idea of buying their Big Chap because of all the mistakes but strangely cherished the blue Alien warrior, which I know is no more accurate...anyway, its leg sheared the **** off at the knee in a way that I can't fix, and I'm dying to replace it.

I'm sure HT would correct their QC mistakes with any new Aliens. Just look at ED-2.....oh nein.

To be fair to them, the brown warriors didn't have half the problems the blue ones did, from everything I read.

My blue warrior's rubber is still in excellent condition. Can't say the same with the plastic ball sockets which already cracked.

Good job on that. The paint had faded?

I doubt a redo would be much if any better in this regard. They just aren't fussy about non-human likenesses.

True, however even the predators improved dramatically with the avp preds most recently the elder.

I would love for them to revisit the Big Chap (why the heck was it called that in the first place?).
I didn't buy it originally because I wasn't that impressed with it and had the Aliens Warrior fall apart like many other people.
I would prefer it if the whole thing was a hard plastic instead of the weird painted rubber. The Alien is supposed to have an exoskeleton anyway, which is probably a harder more boney material. I think they should look at Kyle's 1:4 sculpt for inspiration.

Back