Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a little on the dissapointed side.
The rubber body looks OK but I was really hoping that Hot Toys was going to wow us with a new form of body that is more like the Wolverine body. Something that has the detailed look of a "real" body but still gives the movement of having cut joints. This is just another rubber body which looks OK but is not an industry changer.
Can't believe this!!!:monkey4

I think at this point it's pretty obvious that BBTS "informed" guess prices will always drop. TDK DX is down to $165 from an original $200 (maybe more? don't remember). As I said before I'd guess this will be about the same as the Batman DX. The character might be mostly "naked" but in terms of construction it's almost identical to Batman. Rubber suit over internal body with a cloth cape.

... the TDK Batman does come with a lot more stuff though :( I still hope that HT comes out of nowhere with a second head (which I'm not sure they have ever added additional accessories after the initial promo pics)

...and on Christmas morning little Billy went down to the Christmas tree and saw that Santa Claus had delivered every toy he'd asked for and many, many more. But Billy just knew that the cool toy wouldn't be as cool as the commericals made it seem, and that they would all be broken by News Year Day. It hardly seemed worth opening them at all since everything was ultimately going to go to ????.

Billy isn't a very happy person overall...

...and on Christmas morning little Billy went down to the Christmas tree and saw that Santa Claus had delivered every toy he'd asked for and many, many more. But Billy just knew that the cool toy wouldn't be as cool as the commericals made it seem, and that they would all be broken by News Year Day. It hardly seemed worth opening them at all since everything was ultimately going to go to ????.

Billy isn't a very happy person overall...

poor poor Billy... gets all that he wants. Maybe thats why he doesnt appreciate the toys and plays with them too rough. Becuase even thought they are toys, they still need to be handled with care.
Billy is a spoiled idiot.

Well, the Billy tale tell us that we need to be less obscessed with the details, we need to appreciate the toy as it is...and be happy to be fortunate enough to have these wonderful toys!!...now I'm happy!!

Give me Billy's number. I'll take them off his hands and he can rediscover the great outdoors, find himself and grow up to have rich and fulfilling life, helping others, brokering world peace and helping old ladies across the street...

...I will also have every cool toy ever made, Mwaaaaahh Haaaa Haaaaaa!!!!!

It looks good, really good actually, but for some reason I'm not crazy about it. I'll probably get it though because my addiction to Hot Toys is stronger than my will... :lol

Not sure if I'll jump on this, its good, not Godfather Greatness, but I still like SS PF likeness better.

I still like SS PF likeness better.

Really? I checked the PF pics out at SS, I think the PF face looks like he is having a seizure. Granted I don't own the PF therefore, I don't speak from ownership just observation.

I think the HT figure is rather nice for 1:6 scale.

The SS PF looks like Brain Blessed.

watermark.php

TBH, The HT head sculpt kinda looks like Richard Libertini from Fletch. :lol

watermark.php

Some simple modications. I think it looks better.
watermark.php

:dunno

006300gerardbutler028.jpg

006300gerardbutler029.jpg

006300gerardbutler014.jpg

Last edited:
The sculpt has that Gerard Butler as Leonidas look, and it seems that muscular body has good movement range to it..I'm sold..I'm so getting this one :)

Even with a not-quite-there likeness this looks to be a stunning figure. If only I were made of money and buy all these Hot Toys figures from licenses I'm only casually interested in. Sadly I'll have to pass in favour of certain other licenses I've been interested in for a longer time such as Terminator, Spiderman and X-men. Although I bet if HT made Russell Crowe from Gladiator I'd have a hard time turning that down...so please don't make it Hot Toys. I need to save some money for food.

I love the look of this figure but I'm actually pissed that the shoulders are not cut. Every thing is encased so you cant remove the arms. If anything breaks your screwed. However Im hoping he is designed like Sheva which uses dye cast metal joints inside the arms.

sabod2.jpg

Other people are speculating that he is put together like Batman, with a skin suit over the body. For people who own batman if it breaks is it easy to remove the suit???? :confused:

Also you can tell from this pic they got this pose from the scene in the movie where he's supposed to be yelling :mad: Hot Toys knows exactly what we want :banghead
HT_300_KingLeonidas_PR05.jpg

SPARTA.jpg

Give us the battle cry! :cuss

Last edited:
Back