Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually when a company goes with an extreme headsculpt most people complain about it. And here we are complaining it isn't extreme enough! :lol

Usually when a company goes with an extreme headsculpt most people complain about it. And here we are complaining it isn't extreme enough! :lol

Example: The Comedian - Love it / Loathe it

Thats why we need 2 head sculpts ! I just wrote a message on their Facebook page about this so please 'like' if you agree:
https://www.facebook.com/hottoys?ref=nf

Also let you know Toys2 has this guy up for preorder for 144:joy
https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20881&cat=0&page=

Based off this pic and how Leonidas looks during this scene:

SPARTA.jpg

HT might release a second "battle damaged" figure with this head sculpt. Just a thought. :D

I still dont see the resemblence....,

But it's OK. He looks awesome with the helmet, and I love the movie so...

this is a very big disappointment. the body is accurate except for the spaghetti legs but the headsculpt is hideous they had so much potential:pow

I think it would be pretty hard to get the sculpt right with a wide open mouth.

I'd be happy with the first one if they tweaked the face just a bit. I'd rather they made some of the other rather than another Leonidas.

I posted this on another forum in regard to the assumption that keeps popping up that HT will always do a "better" second figure of any given license.

Maybe, but people keep trying to apply "trends" to HT figures that don't exist. For example everyone keeps saying things like "I'll just wait for the DX version". To this point there's only been two DX figures and they're both from the insanely popular TDK line. Likewise with the battle damaged Iron Man. Another very successful line and it's not like HT has made loads of battle damaged variants of figures and the ones they have made where for big franchise licenses.

To assume HT will make a another version of any given character I think is a mistake. Unless it's a huge franchise like Alien/Predator/Rocky/Batman I think it's far more likely you will see the one or two releases and then that's it.

lol@all the negative nancys saying the headsculpt looks "nothing" like gerard butler, or it's "horrible". :rolleyes:

imho, the likeness is there. i look at it and can immediately see butler as leonidas. definitely better than the jackman wolverine and snipes blade likenesses. i do agree that the expression should've been the battle-cry "spartaaa!" instead of this somewhat neutral look. the headsculpt as it is still works well, though.

the muscle body looks like a pretty impressive progression in fabrication technology. and the texture & paint detail on the armour is superb.

i prob won't be getting this even though i really liked the movie. just too broke right now. maybe sometime down the line.

overall, another definite winner by hot toys, after their great work on the comedian...

To assume HT will make a another version of any given character I think is a mistake. Unless it's a huge franchise like Alien/Predator/Rocky/Batman I think it's far more likely you will see the one or two releases and then that's it.

Agreed. It would be equivalent to HT making POTA DX figures. I doubt that will ever happen and I hope they just make more apes. Hopefully, they didn't just stop with the gorillas at this point (who knows).:(

I could see a battle damaged verison of Leonidas. The scarred mask and eye, torn cape, more arrows in shield, blood splatter on the body. Maybe even an arrow or two in him. I'd say that would be a legitimate variant. Not as extreme as the BD Iron Man, but certainly not as bad as some of their past variants. Heck, Sideshow milked the Babysitter 4 times before calling it quits and 3 of those were straight color changes.

I love the look of this figure but I'm actually pissed that the shoulders are not cut. Every thing is encased so you cant remove the arms. If anything breaks your screwed. However Im hoping he is designed like Sheva which uses dye cast metal joints inside the arms.

sabod2.jpg

Did you cut the Sheva body open to get this shot? I see a great potential for customs with the new Leonidas muscle body. I'm sure to pick some up loose.

I could see a battle damaged verison of Leonidas. The scarred mask and eye, torn cape, more arrows in shield, blood splatter on the body. Maybe even an arrow or two in him. I'd say that would be a legitimate variant. Not as extreme as the BD Iron Man, but certainly not as bad as some of their past variants. Heck, Sideshow milked the Babysitter 4 times before calling it quits and 3 of those were straight color changes.

I can definitely see it - give it a detailed scene base and maybe a couple of heads - I can definitely see a V2. Doesn't mean I won't be getting this one though.

The problem is that this release could have and should have had it all. Afterall the only additions that are worth anything is the battle damage and a more animated head sculpt. Yes it's wrong to assume they'll do a bd version but going by past trends and the glaring bd ommisions here, it seems highly likely. Personally, if I get this one, I don't have a problem applying the scar, weathering the helmet, cape and body. I just don't want to invest in all that money to see another version right around the corner. I'm still pissed off at getting V1 Joker, V1 Ironman mkIII and the non DX Batman...

Just watched 300 twice tonight on TNT HD, so now the HT sculpt is buggin me.
It doesnt look enough like Butler in the movie.
As well as not looking intense enough/determined in his visage he needs to have a more swarthy appearance around the eyes.
His really stood out because of some eyeliner and soot around them.
(Just noticed someone else posted about the darker eye sockets, I hope they make the correction
to the paint ops before we get him. It looks much better with those small changes.
Especially with the Helmet on.
I like the body but his skin texture looks like flesh colored dry wall.
Another thing I noticed was that the red capes also seem to have hoods on them ala jedi robes.
Its very evident when the king is walking away from his wife to go with his troops.

But after watching it all again I must insist on a screaming Leonidas sculpt, its just so him.

Something else to consider: Why did HT invest in an all nude rubber body for one figure?
Are they thinking down the road?
Battle damaged Leonidas?
Achilles from Troy?
Maximus from Gladiator?
Man if they just sold the body by itself....what a cash cow.
Hmmm.......

.....ok, so now theyre showing Riddick on TNT HD.
What a friggin bad azz character!
How come no ones done this guy officially?
C'mon HT pick it up already and give us the Furian.

(Yeah, I know Im late to the game on Riddick.
Another sequel better than the original )

Gladiator is on TNT HD sat night if anyone cares.
:peace

This is the same as Devil 666's mod only I made it darker still.
Personally I like this one best.

Back