Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I do agree with the eyeliner/soot/whatever around the eyes and if they do do a screaming head for whatever reason his teeth also need to be super white.

Still can't believe people don't think the likeness is there. It's bloody brilliant. If people aren't happy with this likeness, when will they be happy!?

I hope HT don't just stop at Leonidas. A few other Spartan warriors to go with the King would be nice. And of course, some characters from the invaders would also be cool. A Xerxes perhaps. :)

Still can't believe people don't think the likeness is there. It's bloody brilliant. If people aren't happy with this likeness, when will they be happy!?

Bum will be glad even a cardboard box, than the average hard-working guy needed a normal home.
Require more if it is available - normally for all
dolf_ru_157.gif

Just watched 300 twice tonight on TNT HD, so now the HT sculpt is buggin me.
It doesnt look enough like Butler in the movie.
As well as not looking intense enough/determined in his visage he needs to have a more swarthy appearance around the eyes.
His really stood out because of some eyeliner and soot around them.
(Just noticed someone else posted about the darker eye sockets, I hope they make the correction
to the paint ops before we get him. It looks much better with those small changes.
Especially with the Helmet on.
I like the body but his skin texture looks like flesh colored dry wall.
Another thing I noticed was that the red capes also seem to have hoods on them ala jedi robes.
Its very evident when the king is walking away from his wife to go with his troops.

But after watching it all again I must insist on a screaming Leonidas sculpt, its just so him.

Something else to consider: Why did HT invest in an all nude rubber body for one figure?
Are they thinking down the road?
Battle damaged Leonidas?
Achilles from Troy?
Maximus from Gladiator?
Man if they just sold the body by itself....what a cash cow.
Hmmm.......

.....ok, so now theyre showing Riddick on TNT HD.
What a friggin bad azz character!
How come no ones done this guy officially?
C'mon HT pick it up already and give us the Furian.

(Yeah, I know Im late to the game on Riddick.
Another sequel better than the original )

Gladiator is on TNT HD sat night if anyone cares.
:peace

Great post!! I would love a Riddick and.........uhhh......Karl Urban's character.

Sorry Sideshow... but this figures kick you little PF hard butt =)
If i have one of those PF I will sell it ASAP and make the preorder for this..

One is a statue and the other a figure, no need for comparing here.It is true though, with the PF you have less to worry about,with breaking down on you after time.

Anybodu know anyone who collects Barbie? Maybe aske them how well the fleshy rubber on those holes out?

My friend has some of those WWE fleshy figures and they ripped and tore no problem.
I'm sure Leonidas will has better fleshy plastic but decay is a legitmate concern.

That isn't the pf though , from what I can remember there hasn't been a single problem with it. If you want to use an example though you should have linked to the lifesize Iron man bust. :lol

I just think its a bad idea to keep using these rubber bodies without joints. Wolverine seems to have done a good job but still I think there would be a way to do this with plastic.

Think of it this way. Would you rather have an expensive figure that looks amazing now but will probably start going funny in a few years or a great looking figure thats probably going to hold up forever.

Its an easy one for me.

I still own Dutch and aliens Drake with these bodies though and touch wood theres not been a problem for me personally , I just feel sorry for people who pay so much and have there stuff start cracking and ripping.

Here are pics of my neca 12" leonidas, think it holds its own with ht leonidas, which should have been more bloody and with the screaming face :)

it holds its own with ht leonidas

It's a good figure for the price, but I can't see how anyone could put it on the level of the HT figure. Completely unfair to do so IMO. The quality of the HT Leonidas destroys it, and it should when you compare prices.

Also, about a blood covered Leonidas V2 - When do we ever see him covered in blood? In the movie, like video games have done, the blood disappears into thin air after it spurts out of a body. The only real damage Leonidas takes is the cut over the eye. He gets sweaty, bruised up, and a little dirty, but never blood covered. Unless you want a dying, arrow peppered Leonidas with a battered up cape/toga/cloak, it's not accurate at all.

Back