Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but that looks nothing like Butler......Plus he has no expression on his face. The could have at least given him a different head with battle damage with a little better expression. I hope Hot Toys fixes this guy up before release.

I'm sorry but that looks nothing like Butler......Plus he has no expression on his face. The could have at least given him a different head with battle damage with a little better expression. I hope Hot Toys fixes this guy up before release.

First thing i thought when i looked at it.

Correct indeed. Its obvious who it is, but definitely not Butler in there. I also want him to have a "I'm gonna rip your head off and crap down your throat" look. Kind of light on the accessories what gives??? They could've at least included an apple.

This looks amazing. I can't see a single joint on this figure, ye the photos show an amazing range of motion! I too thought the shoulder joints would have been hidden in the shoulder/armpit area, but that pic with his arm up in the air shows otherwise! Very, very impressive. :google

And is it just me, or does it lookl like his is packing heat in his leather undies? I only mention that because it could possibly mean he is anatomically correct and that could be re-used for Dr. Manhattan later on. At the very least their undie looks would be very similar to eachother.

I like it. It looks good. 300 isn't something I'm going to go out of my way for so I plan on getting it but if I can't I ain't sweating it. It is nice enough to get though.

I will most defintly be getting this, it looks amazing!

and I personally CAN see Butler in the headsculpt, but there are flaws

Yep. will just wait for the inevitable battle damaged version. If they dont release the BD version, I'll get to save some money anyway.

Wow, amazing...how does the articulation works on this body? is it wired? is it rubber made?...how long do you think it will last without a skin damage?...congrats on this figure Hot Toys...

how long do you think it will last without a skin damage?...congrats on this figure Hot Toys...

I dont know, and I'm not going to spend $200 to find out. This will be a test figure for me, if other people's haven't fallen apart in a year, I'll trust the body and buy releases on it. Until then I'm stearing clear of any new HT rubber related products.

I like it. I will definitely get it. However, I don't think the arms can be raised all the way up like they want us to believe in the picture below. The picture is taken from a lower angle (as opposed to the rest of the pictures). Looks to me that the upper arms can only go up to a little more than a 45 degree angle.
HT_300_KingLeonidas_PR04.jpg

This does look spot on for likeness. If it had the war cry face I would order this without hesitation. This one though I will give a miss. If they do another later with war cry face, i'm definately ordering.

Looks fantastic but I get a serious v2 BD version down the pike for this so I'm going to wait it out. I wonder if they'll do more Spartans or even Xerxes.

This looks amazing. I can't see a single joint on this figure, ye the photos show an amazing range of motion! I too thought the shoulder joints would have been hidden in the shoulder/armpit area, but that pic with his arm up in the air shows otherwise! Very, very impressive. :google

And is it just me, or does it lookl like his is packing heat in his leather undies? I only mention that because it could possibly mean he is anatomically correct and that could be re-used for Dr. Manhattan later on. At the very least their undie looks would be very similar to eachother.

Well, he should be should you want recreate this scene on you shelf :lol
sp53.jpg

Looks fantastic but I get a serious v2 BD version down the pike for this so I'm going to wait it out. I wonder if they'll do more Spartans or even Xerxes.

I hope so but wasn't Xerxes 10ft tall or something :confused:
I really want this now but its screaming out BD V2 right around the corner. I'm leaving it until after the release to see what HT's announce...Anyone remember the time frames involved between the release of John Connor V1 and the reveal of V2?

Looks fantastic - the portrait is exact, although I'd agree that I'd want more expression.

As for battle damage - the shield has the arrows, but no other damage? I can see a V2 coming, but I'd like to see an additional head and helmet with the scar and maybe a packet of blood that we can splatter on him ourselves.

I think of Batmans costume on the Hottoys when you said that... Because it thin rubber and you cant see the joints and it looks like hottoys did the same here with the skin just a thin rubber that strechs like the Batmans costume does... or maybe I dont know what Im talking about here but that reminds me of Batman here...

I think you might be right. I have a theory that they developed a much bulkier under-body to keep the rubber of the skin much thinner allowing much greater range of motion (sorta like the arms on Abe Sapien and Sheva or on Batman).

Back