Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With people already getting emails for Lando it certainly looks like a change has been made in the way HT releases figures in relation to their business partnership with Sideshow. I have been annoyed by the whole batch shipment thing forever, and the market it has created for first batch figures. Hopefully what they are doing is an improvement, it looks to be thus far.

Not
With people already getting emails for Lando it certainly looks like a change has been made in the way HT releases figures in relation to their business partnership with Sideshow. I have been annoyed by the whole batch shipment thing forever, and the market it has created for first batch figures. Hopefully what they are doing is an improvement, it looks to be thus far.
Noticed the same thing too. Change for the better for sure.

Not sure this is for the better on the long run. It will depend on how many units Sideshow will be able to get in those shipments. If they are partial deliveries, it may annoy their customer base if there are long delays between first and last served.

Not sure this is for the better on the long run. It will depend on how many units Sideshow will be able to get in those shipments. If they are partial deliveries, it may annoy their customer base if there are long delays between first and last served.
People find something to be annoyed about regardless.

Its not about whats good for us, id bet, but about whats good for them.

Get the product out before people lose interest or find something they want more, and end up cancelling. Thats how you lock down that money.

Realistically, I think this speed bump from SS is a bunch of smoke and mirrors. They're probably air lifting <300 units per fig just for the posterity of looking like they'll get stuff at the time of release; word travels fast, you can see what a storm of discussion this batch of figure releases has caused. BUT, if you don't get randomly drawn from the hat with your preorder, then you'll be waiting just as long as before. Sideshow just gets to put up a face that looks like they can go toe to toe with the HK sellers in an attempt to get people to buy from them again.

Its not about whats good for us, id bet, but about whats good for them.

Get the product out before people lose interest or find something they want more, and end up cancelling. Thats how you lock down that money.

It's a indeed a good strategy from a business standpoint. It could backfire though if they are only fulfilling a fraction of their PO early to make it look like they are getting their stuff as quickly as HK sellers.

The review points out that the chest plate, forearm and thigh armour are the same moulds as the durasteel Din.

Love how this dude has Animated Boba Fett ($700-800) and others on a dusty bench in the workshop, and other Youtubers are handling Hot Toys figures with lint free gloves. :rotfl

Nah. Let's be honest. Thus figure is beyond boring. Repainted nameless Boba-like and there is nothing he can go with. No battle droid or something. Easy pass for most people. Even Mudtrooper or Heavy Mando are not exactly grails driving people crazy.
That's what you say now. But wait until Mando S3 comes round (Mandalorian Civil Wars I'm calling it) and see what people will pay for Heavy Mando and this guy when they show up again.

That's what you say now. But wait until Mando S3 comes round (Mandalorian Civil Wars I'm calling it) and see what people will pay for Heavy Mando and this guy when they show up again.

What I dont get is why people dont want DWM on his own merits. He was on screen for seconds, true. But what did he do! He saves baby Din and comes into view like an actual warrior angel. Little Din is awestruck.

He shows up and just embodies the Mandalorian ethos. How can anyone not love that?! Yes he looks great. But hes so much more than that.

P.s. Heavy Mando will get an altered costume and you will have to buy that one too. Count on it.

Sooo tempted, but it would open the Mando floodgates for me and I just can't afford the space or moolah. I hope everyone picking this up enjoys it. Looks like a great addition to the line-up.

Sooo tempted, but it would open the Mando floodgates for me and I just can't afford the space or moolah. I hope everyone picking this up enjoys it. Looks like a great addition to the line-up.
1633644799749.png

The UK group I pre-ordered this from says the figure is "now ready".

Not sure when he'll invoice and send them out.

Interestingly enough, when asked if he had any spare, he replied, "I think we only ordered 6 as very unpopular."

Not so unpopular now though. lol

Back