1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Rogue One Orson Krennic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about all the cancelled orders. Like BBTS, which had this issue with Yondu, PopCultcha has always been really reliable and usually places big orders so they have tons of stock. Definitely don't hesitate and get the figure now wherever you can. Well worth it even if it's a bit over retail.

I can't imagine HT didn't make enough to fulfill all their initial preorders. However, I can believe that the final preorder count exceeds what they ended up producing. I'm going to guess that there were a lot of new preorders that came in after the final product was released in Hong Kong, and that would have been well after Popcultcha (and other retailers) had to submit their initial preorder numbers. So if Popcultcha was shorted on their final preorders, that's most likely why.

In any event, it looks like I should expect a cancellation email from Popcultcha soon too...

It doesn't work like that though. Hot Toys places a pre-order cutoff date for their distributors. Some asian sites actually show the pre-order cut off date.

Therefore shops (at their own risk) may increase their pre-order number before the cut off to account for late orders. However they need to control that. It seems Popculcha probably oversold whatever the total order number they submitted to Hot Toys.

I'm disappointed but not gutted. I'm sure it'll bother me in time a little more when I watch the movie or whatnot. I like the figure but not $300+ like it. I am more saddened for those who were really down on this one.

Scored a Krennic from Toys Wonderland. Cost me $100 more than I would have paid from Popcultcha, but far better than anything on eBay which were well over $600 AUD. It?s a bitter victory, but at least I know I?ve got him now as this was my most anticipated Star Wars figure in a long time.

Wow that's pretty bad. Especially if they were pre-ordered.

Someone at Popculcha obviously didn't forward the correct number of pre-orders to Hot Toys. I can't imagine HT would make less than the pre-orders they received from affiliates.

Not sure if Popculcha sources direct from HT or if Sideshow is also the official "distributor" for Asia Pacific as well ??

Either way crap situation for the customers.

I'm pretty sure Popcultcha has a direct line outside of Sideshow. They usually get the Toy Fair Exclusives as well for instance.

Yes I think Popcultcha get their stock through Icon Collectables who are the Australian distributor. They showed Krennic as being sold out for resellers 2 weeks ago

It doesn't work like that though. Hot Toys places a pre-order cutoff date for their distributors. Some asian sites actually show the pre-order cut off date.

Therefore shops (at their own risk) may increase their pre-order number before the cut off to account for late orders. However they need to control that. It seems Popculcha probably oversold whatever the total order number they submitted to Hot Toys.

That's what I meant- there was the cutoff date, and at that point, PC ordered some quantity based on the preorders they received and what they expected to sell afterwards. I'm guessing PC left the preorder open on their site past the cutoff date, thinking they wouldn't sell through that stock. But in the end, their total preorders (on their site) exceeded the number they initially ordered for their stock, and so, cancellations.

Just got my refund from Popculcha. I then jumped on the cheapest one I could find on Evilbay.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don't profess to be a call consistent optimist, but I have a sneaking suspicion waitlists start suddenly converting en masse like with some of the previous SW offerings. HT has the tooling and lines ramped up for this release immediately on hand right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed a second round through to capitalize on the surplus PO demand.

dont forget covid is slowing shipments, my supplier told me regular shipping now is 42 days ON PLANE!! ems is 10 days, freight must be insane!!!
this is from hk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I checked Monkey Depot had him in stock for about $295 shipped.

They have been sold out for awhile.

I don't profess to be a call consistent optimist, but I have a sneaking suspicion waitlists start suddenly converting en masse like with some of the previous SW offerings. HT has the tooling and lines ramped up for this release immediately on hand right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed a second round through to capitalize on the surplus PO demand.

In a normal year maybe but i would not count on anything this year and as far behind as they are on mutiple figures i think they are just trying to get things out the door asap so they can move on to the next figure.

Yeah, it does seem like HT is pumping out new and overdue figures with more regularity now... eager to press forward with small runs and get through the backlog (I'm sure retailers are pestering them).

But its likely a "reissue" of sorts might happen at some point for the more in-demand figures. Good way for HT to see what really generates interest and what is just a momentary flash. We'll see if Krennic remains a popular figure, or just a "want it now" sort of thing while its hot.

They have been sold out for awhile.
In a normal year maybe but i would not count on anything this year and as far behind as they are on mutiple figures i think they are just trying to get things out the door asap so they can move on to the next figure.

It was available from MonkeyDepot again for a short window the other day but sold out again.

But I agree, they?re very behind on a lot of figures so I?m not optimistic about more being made. There?s a chance, but if anyone can?t do without the figure, I hate to say it but it might be best to pick up a low $300?s figure while you can.

People drive up the prices on Star Wars figures to an insane degree these days.

Yeah I'd agree. Similar situation with Yondu for example. Simply a low pre-order amount and Hot Toys made what was ordered and moved on.

No re-issue there either.

In Hot Toys mind it's essentially "if you want the figure pre-order, otherwise run the risk of paying eBay prices".

Back