1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Rogue One Orson Krennic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice poses, DR37! Did you remove the pistol/blaster for this pose, i find it gets in the way?

Thanks Pjam.
Wor - I guess it?s harder to see in the shots but there is a slight grey in comparison to the tunic. I used a RIT synthetic dye and this is my first (actually 2nd) time dying anything :lol It should be permanently set and should last. We?ll see.

I'd like to see some daylight shots when you have time and sun.

Hard to see in pics, but how did the dye work? My only problem with pearl gray is it fades over time. My Indy pants and my Belloq suit, both lightly dyed in pearl gray, have since faded. A lot of that happens with RIT I'm afraid. Grays and light blues seem to fade the quickest.

Wow, haven't heard that before - that sucks.

And DR, you have cojones de acero for dyeing those capes. And extra points for doing it in the first week.:horror

Yeah, I first noticed it with my Jaws jacket (Bond). The very vivid light blue faded after two years into a much paler version without any vibrancy. My Indy pants became warmer again in the same time -- I had dyed them to cut the warmth, now its back. I see the same thing happening with Belloq's suit -- the warmer wheat-color of the original suit is coming back.

I have no direct sunlight so I guess its just ambient light and time. I have not noticed it with other colors, just pearl gray and light blue.

Yeah, I first noticed it with my Jaws jacket (Bond). The very vivid light blue faded after two years into a much paler version without any vibrancy. My Indy pants became warmer again in the same time -- I had dyed them to cut the warmth, now its back. I see the same thing happening with Belloq's suit -- the warmer wheat-color of the original suit is coming back.

I have no direct sunlight so I guess its just ambient light and time. I have not noticed it with other colors, just pearl gray and light blue.

Doesn't vinegar help set dye? And I heard something about adding salt during the dyeing process to make it set more permanenty? Really don't know much about this though.

One of the things that consistently bugs me about 1/6 collecting in general, and customizing in particular, is you almost need a chemistry degree to manage all the various reactions/interactions of fabrics, dyes, plastics, paints, resin.

Deteriorations, chemical reactions, natural stuff like mold or light-related fading - it's like a battle on a dozen fronts to stop things changing color, de-laminating, getting sticky/shiny etc etc... on your figure that's worth anywhere from $150 to $1000+.:gah::lol

Don't know about the vinegar, but I always put a dash of salt in the boiling water before I dye.

Rit ColorStay Dye Fixative is another one I've seen mentioned - for maximum effectiveness you use it right after the item has been dyed (though you can use it on previously dye-ed items. In doing a quick google, it seems vinegar might not be all that reliable.

Amazing to me that 1/6 stuff could fade just in a no-sunlight display situation and with no washing involved, and so fast - in just two years. You could see it if maybe someone had done a few water treatments or needed to wash the 1/6 garments a few times due to mold or something, or if we were talking something that was dyed in 2007 or something.

But you dye it, then dry it and put it on display and two years later the color is gone? That's hopeless. I'm really worried about some of the items I've dyed now - my custom Bespin guard's dark blue uniform being at the top of my mind. Very tricky to get that color just right (mixture of two different blue dyes.) And that's probably two years ago I dyed it.:gah:

I don?t know why some would be on the fence to get this figure! This one will jump in pricing! Slowly creeping up a bit above retail already!!!

Lego recently made a statement available about how a lot of sets are backordered and delayed because of the pandemic, simply put their warehouse in mexico is shut down hindering their restocking process, I feel Hot toys is in the same boat, maybe it will be a while before we see more stock but for the time being don?t hesitate on grabbing him retail!

I just saw a tarkin go for 600 used! Imagine Krennic in a couple of years, now i?m having doubts of taking out the wire hahaha i will not jeopardize this figure anymore lolol

dd724489ef1aecb29b0fc404dc3a6135.jpg

82aa118fe1f06e358e15ae6d6ef0b833.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And DR, you have cojones de acero for dyeing those capes. And extra points for doing it in the first week.:horror

A lot of dying going on by the look. You guys are braver than me !!

Definitely extra points for Paul. Double points for it being white too !!

My Director K. is in town but not home yet. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

I've used Rit Dye once before and it appeared to work (and hold the color) fine but it was a darker color. Did use salt but not the color stay, though.

Nice poses, DR37! Did you remove the pistol/blaster for this pose, i find it gets in the way?

Thanks :duff Yeah the blaster gets in the way when trying to make it look natural. I should have angled it more so you didn?t notice :lol

I'd like to see some daylight shots when you have time and sun.

Here?s a quick shot. First (and probably last) time I take any of my dollies outside. Neighbors think I?m some Longhaired Samoan Biker :rotfl

View attachment 485623

:lol Well I picked up a couple Krennic?s so I figured I?d have a backup set plus they?re from my HK order I got month ago so a little more than a week to decide to possibly mess these up :D

A lot of dying going on by the look. You guys are braver than me !!

Definitely extra points for Paul. Double points for it being white too !!

:duff

But you dye it, then dry it and put it on display and two years later the color is gone?

Not gone, but not the color I dyed it. Faded. Not as vibrant. Paler.

The vibrant light blue (sky blue) is now pale light blue - like a bleached blue shirt would look; dull. The gray which I used to cut warmth seems to have faded to the point where the warmth has returned, so its purpose has been undermined.

In both these cases I used the dye in conjunction with other colored fabric, so its possible that the original color is simply coming through over time; overpowering the dye.

Not good, hokietwo stops by to the Krennic thread and it's not to show off the Director with his 8 Death Troopers.

I noticed a slight yellow tint to his outfit. Hopefully we can all get the chemistry degrees that Tali referred to and fix any impending issues with the outfit as they arise. The white does look fantastic on the shelf.

The outfit is cream out of the box. Not the muted gray as in the film. Not sure if that was filters though.

The cream will eventually show through again on any dyed Krennic.

I just checked my cape and it is starting to stain at the top collar. That?s not good, lol. Going in for wire extraction.

What??

Not good, hokietwo stops by to the Krennic thread and it's not to show off the Director with his 8 Death Troopers.

I noticed a slight yellow tint to his outfit. Hopefully we can all get the chemistry degrees that Tali referred to and fix any impending issues with the outfit as they arise. The white does look fantastic on the shelf.

Discolored outfits already? Damn... I wanna see that line up!!!

It really sucks that I can't see that first-and-last picture. I just see a box with an X.

Hopefully this will work. Showed up as an attachment that worked before I thought.

B22D2C87-F44A-4336-8932-5C778010EC94.jpg

The outfit is cream out of the box. Not the muted gray as in the film. Not sure if that was filters though.

The cream will eventually show through again on any dyed Krennic.

If that happens I?ll just dye it again. Unless the rerelease with screen accurate colors comes out. But that won?t be until the 2pk with Death Trooper for the RO 20th Anniversary :lol

i swear Howard and Jc Hong create figures to last less than 10 years, this hobby is starting to be off putting now, i remember the pink underwear from the first iron man figures, the rubber skin that cracked after posing same with stitching, moisture induced rust, my issue with rubber suit, wire in suits all so we can get a 2.0 version down the road [emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back