1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Rogue One Orson Krennic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found one i could use for Thrawn. I?ve kept my eye out for that sculpt that Chakaman used on his for sometime and no luck.

Did he make that guy? What am I saying, of course he did.

Does he have literally every Star Wars character made? Or close? His collection is going to end up in the Smithsonian.

He does, and It should... Seriously! :lol

Haha! Thanks guys.

I did make a Yularen about 6-7 years ago using the Sideshow Thrawn outfit. I am hoping to score an extra Krennic outfit eventually to upgrade it. The parts made available today were gone in minutes.

Sorry, I don't have any good pictures of Yularen, my collection is still in storage.

Last edited:
Yup

If u ordered Krennic parts from TA and it said cloak ( rain coat picture ) you get the rain coat

If you ordered what said rain coat ( cloak pictured )
You Get the cloak

I?m not happy I ordered what said cloak and am told I?m getting a raincoat

I Ordered on my phone
And Pics are small there so I look at what it says in description and go with that

First order in for what I thought was a cloak and I?m outta luck
Very bummed

Classic.

So people that ordered the 'cloak' will be getting the rain poncho... and people that ordered the poncho will be getting the cape. :lol

Krennic?s gloves never had the Lines in the film. My biggest problem with the gloves is they?re too short they should be a little bit longer for the hot toys figure. And the lack of hand poses

I know, so it's more a costume change, not a HT omission - all the OT officers had the lines on the gloves, and RO is OT-era.

And yeah, they went with some "iconic Krennic" hand poses, but they just aren't iconic in the way say the Tarkin iconic hand poses are, so you're just left with gloved hands in slightly odd looking poses. I'm surprised they didn't have more neutral poses.

It seems HT might downsizing their hands which I think is good. Krennic?s seem a bit weird, small but kinda too thick fingered. Also the Mudtroopers (from the reviews) looks smaller than normal HT hands. I still wonder why nobody has cast the Praji gloved hands. Those could be used on so many figures.

Yeah the hands just look surprisingly cheap and poorly sculpted for HT. Not quite sure what happened there.

Something about the finger poses looking a bit unnatural too. I find that really good gloved hand sculpts are super tricky to find - thick fingers, unconvincing glove surface sculpt, slightly off looking poses, too big, too short behind the wrist - there's quite a list of things that can be an issue, and you see them on the fig.

Having Krennic be left handed (for pistol grip) also limits your options slightly I guess too.

HT has done quite a lot of poor SW gloved hands in the past few years: Imperial Gunner, ESB and ROTJ Fetts, the first ANH Vader, Leia Hoth - really wonky gloved hand sculpts (skinny fingers, odd proportions) that were also often poorly painted or super shiny and lacking in sculpt detail.

Yup

If u ordered Krennic parts from TA and it said cloak ( rain coat picture ) you get the rain coat

You Get the cloak

I Ordered on my phone
And Pics are small there so I look at what it says in description and go with that

Very bummed

Haha! Thanks guys.

I did make a Yularen about 6-7 years ago using the Sideshow Thrawn outfit. I am hoping to score an extra Krennic outfit eventually to upgrade it. The parts made available today were gone in minutes.

Sorry, I don't have any good pictures of Yularen, my collection is still in storage.

Yeah, the Krennic section at TA looks like Walmart after the Black Friday scramble.:lol

Bummer on the name/pic mix-up with poncho/tunic - doesn't happen often at TA. And bummer that those who went with the name instead of the pic are not getting what they wanted, but I guess they had to make a choice about whether it was pic or name they were going with. You should at least have the right to cancel the order before shipping without charge if you're going to receive something you didn't want.

Yup

You Get the cloak

I Ordered on my phone

Very bummed

What? Man that?s a bummer. I would cancel the order (as Tali mentioned) before it ships if it?s not the part you want. Shoot them an email as they?re pretty good on response time.

Haha! Thanks guys.

Many good officers you have made. I need to flip through your custom thread and take another stroll down Imperial Lane! :drool

HT has done quite a lot of poor SW gloved hands in the past few years: Imperial Gunner, ESB and ROTJ Fetts, the first ANH Vader, Leia Hoth - really wonky gloved hand sculpts (skinny fingers, odd proportions) that were also often poorly painted or super shiny and lacking in sculpt detail.

Man, now those were bad.

That walking pose is the best... but man, any slight bumping on the floor that rocks that detolf -- or even opening the sticking magnet doors -- and Krennic is going to domino your RO collection.

That walking pose is the best... but man, any slight bumping on the floor that rocks that detolf -- or even opening the sticking magnet doors -- and Krennic is going to domino your RO collection.

True, lucky I don't have Detolfs :)

But you're right, even temperature changes could make the ankle joint weaker. In winter say when the plastic shrinks slightly. I'd definitely want to somehow integrate a stand into that, as much as I hate stands. Or just do the straight up power pose with troopers either side.

As awesome as the walking pose is... its better for pictures than to keep on display (without stand).

This is why I tend to have museum poses for all. Sturdy. Especially in earthquake country. The worst thing ever is to have to repose/restand 70-100 figures that have all fallen on top of one another and mixed up their weapons and bits.

Was this Han's blaster rifle or Leia's.... or Luke's...? :gah:

Hands drive me nuts with 1/6 figures in general, with so many characters, their gloved hands are really specific. I just wish they'd include a ton of options just to have whether or not they literally made that specific gesture on screen. No reason every figure shouldn't come with at least 8 hands, and they should always mirror them L/R. Like with Hoth Leia, they give you 8 hands, 5 gloved and 3 bare hands, doesn't sound too unreasonable but they only give 2 left hands in total. I see Sideshow doing it similarly with their comic figures giving like 6 hands total. Mezco is great with this in the 1/12 scale, some of their figures come with 10-12 hands, their Gomez figures come with 14.

I found my old camera. Not great photos but better than my phone, I think.
I ended up dying the cloak as well.

82495F8E-31F5-4A9D-BA24-74D7A053BA3D.jpg

Another shot with Tarkin.

E27ACD7F-6C91-42A6-884E-0307C718B06E.jpg

Hard to see in pics, but how did the dye work? My only problem with pearl gray is it fades over time. My Indy pants and my Belloq suit, both lightly dyed in pearl gray, have since faded. A lot of that happens with RIT I'm afraid. Grays and light blues seem to fade the quickest.

Thanks Pjam.
Wor - I guess it?s harder to see in the shots but there is a slight grey in comparison to the tunic. I used a RIT synthetic dye and this is my first (actually 2nd) time dying anything :lol It should be permanently set and should last. We?ll see.

Back