Hot Toys 1/6 Newt Scamander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man these are pretty nice. but unless Hot Toys takes a full Harry Potter line I'm probably hanging back.

Love this, kinda wish the coat was blue but it's still great

Sent from a point in space and time

I’m giving up buying new shoes just to pre-order this and the Grindelwald figure. What is this hobby doing to me :( haha Sculpt for both figures look great though which makes it an instant PO for me.

Ordered Newt without hestitation. Will most likely order Grindelwald but he isn't really pressing for me at the moment. I really hope we get a young Dumbledore before everything is said and done and hope that this opens up for a full Harry Potter license from them.

Well, turns out I'm gonna have to PO this at a later date. Hot Toys flash releasing Infinity War figures is just raising my expenses!

Ordered Newt without hestitation. Will most likely order Grindelwald but he isn't really pressing for me at the moment. I really hope we get a young Dumbledore before everything is said and done and hope that this opens up for a full Harry Potter license from them.

:exactly: This! :lecture

Just saw the second film, and while I liked the first film and the characters, I didnt feel I needed this one.

After viewing the second film its moved up a notch and now its one my “to buy” list.

Great look overall and complicated release with alot of extra stuff!

Should look “fantastic” on the shelf!

Not sure about Depp’s character yet...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I have to get this release. I JUST got the Star Ace one (after this one was announced, too) and am actually very happy with it, bar a few problems. And I think it's a great representation of him from the first movie. But I am liking this more. I still think the head sculpt is a little stylized/idealized, but it looks good.

B*gger it! I decided to pull the trigger on this figure, I've been mulling the decision over for a little while (budget and space concerns are a constant personal battle), but i decided that if I didn't want these figures (I got Grindelwald too) I wouldn't keep coming back to them.
Newt is a great character and this is a cool looking figure with some good accessories.
I preferred his blue (or teal ) coat from the first film so i picked a Star Ace one up from ebay to go with him.
I'm happy I've done it! and I hope this leads to more HP figures in the future!

This looks like it has turned great... the sculpt looks fantastic - way better than the prototype! :yess:

Looks like they tweaked the sculpt a bit, closing the mouth is the main thing that sticks out, some adjusting to the hair as well

A rare instance of the finish product looking better than the prototype...that usually doesn't happen. With all the delays, I wasn't expecting this to drop until after the Chinese New Year, but it looks like we'll probably have Newt in our homes sometime next month now. Super excited, love all the accessories he comes with.

I really hope he and Grindelwald sell well so we get some more figures from FB.

Hopefully they do tweaks to Alita too, Newt looks great. Those freckles are pretty awesome.

Back