1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine yesterday and yeah, what a great set this was. Need to remind myself what his default 'mode' was in the movie, when he used all the various weapons etc.

I had no idea you could strip this one down to being the same size/build as Mark IV/VI, that's cool.

How do you like the paint?

151B806B-727E-42CE-B13E-99133450BAF1.jpg

{removed picture of Mk. VII & Mk. VI}

Yoshi, your super freak title is well earned with a picture of a that pair with 0 words, museum poses and drool dripping from my mouth even though I own both (actually several Mk. VII’s and Mk. VI’s). Those 2 armors still hit me to this day and I gotta say I was pretty damn disappointed with my 1st copy of the diecast Mk. VII for months after its release mainly because the pod transformation gimmick made posing almost untenable, the flimsily connection points for the shoulder pod missiles & flaps (both sets, meaning all 4 or all 6 if you count the closed missile versions but the ejected missile pod replacements were so tiny they worked fine but never cared for that look). The fact that even legs could slip right off at the knee while posing as I was being careful to not disturb the other delicate bits. As I am sure you are aware, those issues just went on and on to the point that my 2nd Mk. VII stayed sealed in the box and I converted to pod mode for months of display.

But that Mk. VI is almost perfection. I hate the chest RT LED though. I mean I love the triangle but in IM2 & A1, the whole triangle was lit up, not just a dinky little LED. Thankfully a tiny bit of cookie paper I think it is called helped diffuse the light which I then proceeded to use on the Mk. IV which helped even less (or more depending on how one perceives the help or diffusion of the tiniest LED). It looks like you did something similar! Regardless, I stole your picture and added it to my favorites folder which is a mix of poses from all over (there are even a couple of mine in there, barely but a few) so Thank you!

You know since the Mk. IV and Mk. VI are both so similar and the parts are very modular, I was actually considering swapping some arms and legs or possibly a few panels just to see how the look would differ. I contemplated trying this sometime soon because a few days after receiving my new Midas I used Mk. VII’s pod parts to do pod mode and sure it looked ugly but not as bad as I thought it would. Also, I finally bought the Holo Mk. IV which I was sure was going to just be sent back but is honestly really nice looking that is until the head or chest lights are turned on which is so the opposite of many armors.

Sorry for the rant but Thanks again for the cool picture! I tried to find my pics of the Mk. XXI/VII pod mode but I must not have saved them so instead I will provide this nonsensical, off-topic one:

Attachments

• CC1F1D01-AE98-4325-B400-12BFDAE68305.jpg
    CC1F1D01-AE98-4325-B400-12BFDAE68305.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 288
Thanks for sharing that picture blingus it?s super cool!

A51265B9-D5F7-4CD7-A3A3-1E0BE12A6313.jpg
No, Thank you! Personally I was just moving some figures around and the Mk. XXI, Mk. XXX & Mk. LXXXV were the last 3 left and not only realized how great they all looked together. Also how the classically but modernized presence of the 85, flanked by what something that has always kinda looked like a ridiculous Mk. VII Emmy/Oscar in the 21, bookended by one of my favorite plastic HPP armors Blue Steel just WORKED stylistically together. I have been and think I will always be a fan of the HPP line owning every armor sold but also sad that potential favorite designs like Nightclub and Jack were never sold (though we almost got Jack). I have my Mk. XXVII Disco prominently displayed, the mainly orange and blue kitbash of Mk. VII and Shotgun/Shades with a Hot Rod/IP/WM Mk. II head because for some reason unclear to my stylistic deficiencies, it just works.
598ADAB5-8A19-4234-A686-0DDF9734C36C.jpeg
F8A169BB-8DC5-49DB-B9EF-D349FB30F3AC.jpeg
With full knowledge that many of the HPP armors share parts with each other from the Mk. VII to Hammerhead the Mk. XXXVIII, Marvel designed 35 armors for 1 movie and makes me completely understand why the Mk. 43 was a repaint for AoU while still designing 3 Ultrons, 3 unique drones, Iron Legionaries, the Mk. XLV and not only a kick ass version of the Hulkbuster that felt grounded in reality but one that was deployed, armed, repaired and upgraded all from orbit. Sorry that my posts are so long winded but some of this stuff is truly impressive. And while I can understand the criticisms levied against AoU and IM3 (and share some), there?s no question in my mind that the designers, artists, VFX team, etc. delivered some of the most impressive and realistic IM/armor/robotic crack ever seen. Bravo!

Epic! :clap Two of the best armors, in my opinion.

@blinguskahn nice setups as well!

Agreed! These are the 2 I own as well, and definitely the best ones. I?d put the 5 and 46 near the top too. I?ll own 4 iron mans in the end. These 2, the 5 and BD 85.

Wow, Yoshi's pictures really show off how the DC Mark VII probably has the best helmet/faceplate out of the original 7 armors.

I would say the Mark 46/47 would come after that.

46 is Civil War right? I like that one aswell. Don't have it.

Just buy the Mk. 47 from Spider-Man. It honestly looks better than the Mk. 46, comes with cool accessories (especially that empty helmet which was only done 1 other time for the Mk. 2 Armor Unleashed). I get that some people just can’t get over the fact that it’s not the identically colored CW armor but it really is the superior version In my opinion.

Agreed! These are the 2 I own as well, and definitely the best ones. I?d put the 5 and 46 near the top too. I?ll own 4 iron mans in the end. These 2, the 5 and BD 85.

Yep! Something about the earlier armors, with that more blocky, paneled, robotic look is so alluring (but of course it's preference). For the 1/6 figures, my top favorites (in order) would be the VII, VI, XLVI, IV, XLV.

Just buy the Mk. 47 from Spider-Man. It honestly looks better than the Mk. 46, comes with cool accessories (especially that empty helmet which was only done 1 other time for the Mk. 2 Armor Unleashed). I get that some people just can’t get over the fact that it’s not the identically colored CW armor but it really is the superior version In my opinion.

While that looks pretty cool I want to stick to certain favourite movies. So if I can't get the Civil War one I just won't buy anything else. I was only supposed to buy a single solitary Iron Man in the first place, you know the old story :lol

While that looks pretty cool I want to stick to certain favourite movies. So if I can't get the Civil War one I just won't buy anything else. I was only supposed to buy a single solitary Iron Man in the first place, you know the old story :lol

Ohhhhh ok. So my advice would be don’t buy any, not even the Mk. XLVI (Civil War) because Iron Man beats an iron will.

Shoot, sorry! Seen your 2008 join date just after posting pre-edit. Must mean you started collecting years before even then. I hope you find one then!

I really go back and forth on those two. The colour blocking and industrial look do work exceptionally well on the 47. The 46 is one of my favourites but the design can get a little busy at certain angles.

Back