1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really go back and forth on those two. The colour blocking and industrial look do work exceptionally well on the 47. The 46 is one of my favourites but the design can get a little busy at certain angles.

I know that this will sound counter intuitive but it is my opinion and this forum along with plenty of FB groups hurt the first production-production numbers with the knee-jerk, negative reactions before ever seeing it in person. I feel that the silver sections actually make the design less “busy” looking. The regular Mk. XLVI is the busiest looking, less busy is the Concept Mk. XLVI and the Mk. XLVII is the least busy looking out of the 3 paint schemes. If I had to guess why it looks that way to me is the fact that the regular 46 has so much red but still all those lines. Unlike the extra gold in the concept 46 or the silvers and gunmetal in the 47, the lines that are breaking up the same color red do just that, most look like they are just breaking up what might have looked streamlined instead. I am sorry for all these needless words to say what my initial response to your post was; YOU’RE RIGHT!

2 armors on my wishlist (realistic unlike the comic Godkiller, Superior IM or Model Prime, then again we did get Punisher WM) would both probably be under the Concept Art moniker with my 2nd choice being a Concept Mk. L that did for color a mix of the Concept 46’s pallet and 47’s torso silver and gunmetal. It is not a concept I have seen in any of the official books per se but it would obviously be a repaint. Unfortunately aside from the books not showing anything close to my color choices there?s that pesky problem with with the stock of the Mk. L seemingly being never ending
:gah:
But my ultimate first choice right now (again realistic) would be completely dependent on the demand for Rescue initially, now, when it ships and after; yeah would need a major alignment of stars. Oh I remember the feelings of shock, need, anger, surprise and more so well when I received my Art of EG book reaching the Rescue section and there she was. I mean at this point my emotions were utterly discombobulated going though stuff like Captain Iron Strange (no joke), armors for all Avengers (kinda cool, kinda stupid), IP 2.0 with WM colors (so hardcore, in a good way) the elusive WM Mk. V (yes, the IP 2.0 is not the WM Mk. V) and even Thanos in a full on dress (not a kilt, not even a long kilt and not even a long skirt, it was a full on DRESS-yikes but also… YIKES). So I am nearing the end of the book being mortified, flabbergasted, extremely entertained, wildly excited and even some off the wall real laugh out loud (in the healthy funny sense) and there she is on page 296, one single picture of Rescue painted in the classic gold, silver and hot rod red Iron Man colors! It is so impressive and while not nearly identical, it had enough similarities to the Marvel Comics one-shot issue where Pepper willingly has the surgery to implant the chest RT so she could resume being a Superheroine! I believe that issue was way before To y became Superior IM and everyone, including Pepper/Rescue tried to stop him. IIRC, the single issue is very simple and self contained; no huge storyline and nothing crazy but some cool realizations about Pepper’s personality and of course some great armor shots besides the cover. So yeah, I want this to happen:
CB4396DD-37E9-4375-869A-6D77E964FDAE.jpg3EE65F0F-67E8-4A65-B1EB-DD19336960E4.jpg1D33562C-1F71-4000-86A5-A74AB8184C99.jpg

A 45 lover! I knew there was something cool about you :clap:wink1::rock

:wave Yeah the 45 is great! It was my first die-cast IM, and I was blown away by it. I think it still holds up pretty well as far as figures go. It's also my favorite of the 'organic' Iron Man armors, as I even now prefer it to the 50 and 85. The XLVI/XLVII are a nice in-between of that industrial and streamlined look, in my opinion.

:wave Yeah the 45 is great! It was my first die-cast IM, and I was blown away by it. I think it still holds up pretty well as far as figures go. It's also my favorite of the 'organic' Iron Man armors, as I even now prefer it to the 50 and 85. The XLVI/XLVII are a nice in-between of that industrial and streamlined look, in my opinion.

Yup, have always and will always love the 1/6 Mk. XLV as it turned out even nicer than the prototype (which many people seem to forget). Plus I’m right there with you preferring it to the 50 & regular 85 but we will have to see how the BD 85 stacks up (and not just in the kneeling pose, lol). The 45 just seemed to be a great step in evolution of the armors and all the scenes it is in AoU are memorable to me. The one scene that is especially memorable is when he sees “puffy” Ultron for the first time asking if he’s been juicing. It wasn’t only memorable because of the dialogue, which was great, but how fantastic the armor looked and gave us full frontal looks at the whole armor!

:wave Yeah the 45 is great! It's also my favorite of the 'organic' Iron Man armors.

Yup, have always and will always love the 1/6 Mk. XLV

As owner of very few armors, I do own the 45... and have always loved its design. Very underrated armor. Best of the organic armors, at least up until the 85.

Yup, have always and will always love the 1/6 Mk. XLV as it turned out even nicer than the prototype (which many people seem to forget). Plus I?m right there with you preferring it to the 50 & regular 85 but we will have to see how the BD 85 stacks up (and not just in the kneeling pose, lol). The 45 just seemed to be a great step in evolution of the armors and all the scenes it is in AoU are memorable to me. The one scene that is especially memorable is when he sees ?puffy? Ultron for the first time asking if he?s been juicing. It wasn?t only memorable because of the dialogue, which was great, but how fantastic the armor looked and gave us full frontal looks at the whole armor!

As owner of very few armors, I do own the 45... and have always loved its design. Very underrated armor. Best of the organic armors, at least up until the 85.

:exactly: :exactly:

Can I join the Mark 45 appreciation club? I don't own the actual Mark 45 figure, but it's also my favorite of the organic armors.

there she is on page 296, one single picture of Rescue painted in the classic gold, silver and hot rod red Iron Man colors! It is so impressive and while not nearly identical, it had enough similarities to the Marvel Comics one-shot issue where Pepper willingly has the surgery to implant the chest RT so she could resume being a Superheroine! I believe that issue was way before To y became Superior IM and everyone, including Pepper/Rescue tried to stop him. IIRC, the single issue is very simple and self contained; no huge storyline and nothing crazy but some cool realizations about Pepper?s personality and of course some great armor shots besides the cover. So yeah, I want this to happen:
View attachment 506285

I could've sworn the Rescue suit appeared in the comics for more than an issue (at least a story arc or two), but that was around when I stopped reading IM comics. Still, it's cool to see there was concept art that was close to the source material. I'm waiting to see how the final figure turns out, but I'm very tempted to pick up the Rescue figure (the purplish blue armor is appealing, even if not comic accurate).

Can I join the Mark 45 appreciation club? I don't own the actual Mark 45 figure, but it's also my favorite of the organic armors.

I could've sworn the Rescue suit appeared in the comics for more than an issue (at least a story arc or two), but that was around when I stopped reading IM comics. Still, it's cool to see there was concept art that was close to the source material. I'm waiting to see how the final figure turns out, but I'm very tempted to pick up the Rescue figure (the purplish blue armor is appealing, even if not comic accurate).

Yes, Pepper dons the Rescue armor quite a few times in the comics. And when not Red & Silver, the comics have portrayed it as blueish purple & silver or purpleish blue & silver :lol no seriously it’s true!

Also in one of my favorite cut to only 2 seasons because apparently it wasn’t a good cartoon, Iron Man Armored Adventures (on Disney+ now I think) Pepper bugs Tony to build her own suit and when he finally does, it’s a purpleish blue & silver armor. So the figure is pretty accurate and I’m just hoping for a concept art repaint in the classic IM colors.

I believe they did that color in the movie (instead of the usual red) as a homage to the dress Pepper bought for herself on her birthday in IM1. But it does look really nice in the red and gold scheme....

Yes, Pepper dons the Rescue armor quite a few times in the comics. And when not Red & Silver, the comics have portrayed it as blueish purple & silver or purpleish blue & silver :lol no seriously it’s true!

Also in one of my favorite cut to only 2 seasons because apparently it wasn’t a good cartoon, Iron Man Armored Adventures (on Disney+ now I think) Pepper bugs Tony to build her own suit and when he finally does, it’s a purpleish blue & silver armor. So the figure is pretty accurate and I’m just hoping for a concept art repaint in the classic IM colors.

I had to look this up, but apparently I only knew about the original red/silver Mark 1 Rescue armor. I always thought it was too similar to the IM color scheme, even with the silver, so it's cool that they went with the blue/purple to differentiate her further.

Nice photos and poses @ McHaleyArt !! I like how you have the slimmed down look too!

It's a great thing about this figure. I didn't even know you could do that before I got it in hand. Though I've got beefy look on display because the beefy look brings in the silver components which I like.

Some really really fantastic photos everyone! :clap I still can't decide on this or the BD MK85 to be my one and only IM figure. Can't afford more than one unfortunately.

Back