1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Endgame Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m buying two of these guys. I love the Norse mythologies and after seeing the marvel movies, I always told my wife Thor should be a little more heavy set with a beard..

Really he should be a read head and he should have two gauntlets and a big belt on but I don’t expect marvel to be that authentic.

This is the closest thing to a more Nordic god look for Thor...how exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this pretty much confirms what we already knew, which is that Hot Toys rushed the entire IW line.

They produced Stormbreaker based on pre-production artwork/info, that obviously changed later on in the final production. HT said F it and released it anyways because pumping out the IW line was a priority even if it meant releasing it with inaccuracies.

CW WM Mk III's baton accessory is proof that with ample time HT is willing to go back and modify/change prototype to make it film accurate.

Due to the mandate to rush the IW line that's why we ended up with tiny Stormbreaker, an inferior IW BW, a shoddy IW IM Mk 50, an unposeable Iron Spidey, breaky-leggy Teen Groot, no snappy finger Thanos, etc... :slap

Truth. I even forgot about the Mark III's baton... dang! That makes me a little more annoyed now. Bought 2 bad tomato axes for my 2 Thors just to get a more screen-accurate look... ended up spending an extra $130 for some limp Stormbreakers (unfortunately I received the 1st batch that suffers from erectile dysfunction :gah:) that Hot Toys should've corrected before production. I love Howard Chan but hate him at the same time :rotfl

Truth. I even forgot about the Mark III's baton... dang! That makes me a little more annoyed now. Bought 2 bad tomato axes for my 2 Thors just to get a more screen-accurate look... ended up spending an extra $130 for some limp Stormbreakers (unfortunately I received the 1st batch that suffers from erectile dysfunction :gah:) that Hot Toys should've corrected before production. I love Howard Chan but hate him at the same time :rotfl

I feel ya...I've got a weird love-hate relationship with Hot Toys.

I love em when they give it their all and put out quality stuff that's jam-packed with accessories, but I hate em when they cheap out and F their loyal consumer base with rushed production that contain inaccuracies, downgraded headsculpts (I'm looking at you Chadwick), headsculpts re-used more than 4x (Cap), the styrofoam light-stand for BP, etc....the list could go on and on...

I feel ya...I've got a weird love-hate relationship with Hot Toys.

I love em when they give it their all and put out quality stuff that's jam-packed with accessories, but I hate em when they cheap out and F their loyal consumer base with rushed production that contain inaccuracies, downgraded headsculpts (I'm looking at you Chadwick), headsculpts re-used more than 4x (Cap), the styrofoam light-stand for BP, etc....the list could go on and on...

Yeah. I'm wondering if I'm gonna have a meltdown when Bucky shows up e.g. blobby production ruining a stellar sculpt. And then I pointed out to my Dad that in theory my CW Ironman is worth 3X what I paid (at the moment) and he asked why I didn't sell it then, and I recoiled in horror at the thought:horror - that beautiful gleaming paint and IMO remarkable detail. My Civil War Wanda so gorgeous portrait....she's beautiful. And those fire effects are so cleverly done...my Ragnarok Loki and Ultron Mark 1....

D@mmit:lol

I’m buying two of these guys. I love the Norse mythologies and after seeing the marvel movies, I always told my wife Thor should be a little more heavy set with a beard..

Really he should be a read head and he should have two gauntlets and a big belt on but I don’t expect marvel to be that authentic.

This is the closest thing to a more Nordic god look for Thor...how exciting.

What makes you want to buy two? Do you have different poses in mind?

What Thor family figures do you currently have to fulfil the Norse Mythology love?

Lol pretty much. I can sell one after price goes up or I can customize one of them.

Currently I have only Odin and Loki both hot toys.

I wish they would make more 1/6 Odin figures...movie or comic.

Lol pretty much. I can sell one after price goes up or I can customize one of them.

Currently I have only Odin and Loki both hot toys.

I wish they would make more 1/6 Odin figures...movie or comic.

Did u get the Coo Models Vikings? Was looking at them to turn into dwarf warriors re the ASMUS line. Tho they'd go with Thor too.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Figure_COO_Models_Viking_Vanquisher_Warlo_p/coom0067.htm

I duplicate fav figures. No reason needed beyond having them, and changing displays a bit. And who knew some fig prices would skyrocket, at least for now. Quick check on the 'bay and Ragnarok Loki is around 300-500$ new.

Thor looks bad ass as an old man
379a0ef882ffc11db5cd0992f5bf1950.jpg

Badass. That’s lookin more like Old King Thor. Put a patch over the eye and the destroyer armor left arm to replace Thors missing arm.

Maybe he will show up when they put everything in the clear display cases? :pray:

I have a bad feeling he won't be there. Not because it won't be made, but maybe it doesn't look good yet and Hot Toys don't want angry fans.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure on this, then I went back and reviewed my only HT Thor - The Dark World. Man, that figure looks at least 5% undersized compared to recent HT releases. I'm going to have to pick this up now just to have one in scale with Iron Man 85 and Worthy Cap!

Back