1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Endgame Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the promo pic im just noticing that the either the handle of the axe is too thick or the hands are too small. In the movie his thumb can touch his other fingers wraping around it no problem. On the fig it seems like he wouldn't be able to even if he really tried. Yes i know his hands have to be open and back enough to place it in it in the first place but it does seem to be a bit off on scale than how it actually is. Hmmm i think its a bit of both but mostly the hand being too small. Not that it really matters

65632084_336269513971005_5994140999316903901_n.jpg

Compare to

avengers-endgame-character-posters-thor.jpg
52897001_266042937607387_8323782487989914351_n.jpg
57021418_2568208973251555_1164691703426733944_n.jpg

Mind you its honestly a completely worthless complaint ultimately lol. Just something i noticed. I also may just be too used to the bad tomatoe stormbreaker whose handle is on the thinner side. At least closer to the axe head and thickens out as it goes down. The size of stormbreaker also fluctuates in both IW and EG so it really is a trivial point haha

Looking at the promo pic im just noticing that the either the handle of the axe is too thick or the hands are too small. In the movie his thumb can touch his other fingers wraping around it no problem. On the fig it seems like he wouldn't be able to even if he really tried. Yes i know his hands have to be open and back enough to place it in it in the first place but it does seem to be a bit off on scale than how it actually is. Hmmm i think its a bit of both but mostly the hand being too small. Not that it really matters

View attachment 463159

Compare to

View attachment 463164
View attachment 463160
View attachment 463161

Mind you its honestly a completely worthless complaint ultimately lol. Just something i noticed. I also may just be too used to the bad tomatoe stormbreaker whose handle is on the thinner side. At least closer to the axe head and thickens out as it goes down. The size of stormbreaker also fluctuates in both IW and EG so it really is a trivial point haha

Yeah Thor was awesome in it.

View attachment 463159

Perhaps HT is purposely making it thicker to prevent a repeat of the Bad Tomato axe's performance issues. :wink1:

I feel like they probably just grabbed whatever hand they had available and used it for the pic. Look at the hand holding Mjolnir, it barely grasps that all the way around.

Perhaps HT is purposely making it thicker to prevent a repeat of the Bad Tomato axe's performance issues. :wink1:
Makes a lot of sense actually. I can see them wanting it to be sturdy over time

I feel like they probably just grabbed whatever hand they had available and used it for the pic. Look at the hand holding Mjolnir, it barely grasps that all the way around.

True things, we'll just see how it turns out .

Honestly the fat viking thor look has VERY slowly grown on me since i first saw the movie
IMG_20190801_154029_782.jpg

Still not sure if I prefer it to the short hair look
IMG_20190801_155817_500.jpg

I think I'll wait for the viking Thor look without big gut, possibly either coming in "Thor Love and War" or "GotG 3".

By then I think they will change his look drastically again tho. I can see taika and hemsworth cutting his beard and hair off again for thor 4. Even if he does lose the fat. You know they are going to want to keep switching it up as its nearly becoming a gimmick for thor. So i have a feeling this may be the last of this particular look unfortunately.

seeing as my collection focus is IW and EG, i will just be getting the short hair re-release and then down the road buy a third party EG head sculpt. gut mod might be easy enough on the IW version and could be removed to revert back to buff Thor.

Unlike most, I have no desire for a beer gut Thor, as much as I enjoyed it in the film I am more a "one definitive look" figure collector.

Currently AoU Thor for me, as I like the classic longer hair look with cape. However Viking Thor (without gut) would be a "worthy" upgrade.

I guess I'll wait and see. At least they are not replacing him like Batman or potentially Superman. :slap

Unlike most, I have no desire for a beer gut Thor, as much as I enjoyed it in the film I am more a "one definitive look" figure collector.

Currently AoU Thor for me, as I like the classic longer hair look with cape. However Viking Thor (without gut) would be a "worthy" upgrade.

I guess I'll wait and see. At least they are not replacing him like Batman or potentially Superman. :slap

I wish I was a one figure per character guy. I feel like I've been very disciplined by limiting to Infinity War or Endgame (unless you count the Ragnarok Loki, AoU Vision, AoU Scarlet Witch and Winter Soldier Fury, but those are more "only option" situations). As far as DC goes, I didn't have time to search for a dumpster fire meme. Much like my beloved Star Wars, there was so much potential that wasn't realized with the build up to and inclusion of Justice League...

IMG_7230.jpg

If this dude would come out like this... then I would def get him... beer belly and all. If hot toys could pull a face sculpt like that. Purchased$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine they will sculpt his hair like the new release Shuri from BP. Looks tough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back