1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Endgame Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others have said, it's probably is a mixture of things. Lengthy wait times, Mandalorian, post-Endgame MCU void, Mandalorian, MCU's Phase 4 being a very mixed bag, Mandalorian, figure prices, Mandalorian etc.

If Bo Katan - a second tier Mandalorian character - can generate double the amount of posts / pages to Endgame Thor on this forum, then it's clear there's been a seismic shift in interest. Like it or not, Mando is the new king of the 1/6 collecting realm.
Also this is like the 10th HT Thor release.

I think it’s more fat Thor is not something people necessarily want to spend $300 on. Besides that, it seems he’s not even fat anymore so it’s easy to look past this one with a nearly identical skinny version already all over the place. Either you love the fat, want the endgame display or you just don’t care.
This will actually be my first and only Thor so I am pretty excited. Seems like the best looking Thor figure so far, limited articulation aside. I suspect Thor's next theatrical appearance will lend itself to an incredible figure but we all know that won't ship until 2025.
I remember when I saw Endgame for the first time I was amazed that they made him fat in the first place - I assumed Thor would be 'immune' to weight gain -- and secondly that they kept him fat even for the climactic battle. I dunno, I just thought he would be restored to his physical peak as soon as he called upon the lightning or something.
I also assumed he'd just magically get his physique back whenever he wished and was really glad that wasn't actually the case. Would have really cheapened it.

I already have the IW version, someone talk me out of buying this just for the updated Stormbreaker and Mjolnir lol

Mister "Wow Nice Amazing" has his video review up now. Figure looks phenomenal. I really don't understand how the hammers can look like solid metal but also achieve that illuminated effect.

Not surprised that the figure's articulation is limited in places due to his physique, but really happy to see the shoulders are both ratcheted and appear to be socketed so they can rotate overhead.

Important thing he mentions is that the figure includes additional hand pegs without wrist swivel for the purpose of holding the very heavy Stormbreaker.

I already have the IW version, someone talk me out of buying this just for the updated Stormbreaker and Mjolnir lol
Not only that but I think the likeness on this Endgame figure is far superior. Sorry! :LOL:

I remember when I saw Endgame for the first time I was amazed that they made him fat in the first place - I assumed Thor would be 'immune' to weight gain -- and secondly that they kept him fat even for the climactic battle. I dunno, I just thought he would be restored to his physical peak as soon as he called upon the lightning or something.

This... it was funny for a comic relief moment, but the dude is pretty old now, and looks like he's in his late 20's. He's been drinking for centuries. Didn't think 5 years of Earth beverages would do that to him..

This... it was funny for a comic relief moment, but the dude is pretty old now, and looks like he's in his late 20's. He's been drinking for centuries. Didn't think 5 years of Earth beverages would do that to him..
But he hadn't been drinking kegs per day while gaming from his couch for centuries.

Was the intention to make him be off his game so as to elevate an Infinity Stoneless Thanos?

Then again was he off his game when he fought Hela? He wasn't able to beat her by conventional means.

Was the intention to make him be off his game so as to elevate an Infinity Stoneless Thanos?

Then again was he off his game when he fought Hela? He wasn't able to beat her by conventional means.
He was too powerful by the end of Infinity War, so they had to nerf him.

As others have said, it's probably is a mixture of things. Lengthy wait times, Mandalorian, post-Endgame MCU void, Mandalorian, MCU's Phase 4 being a very mixed bag, Mandalorian, figure prices, Mandalorian etc.

If Bo Katan - a second tier Mandalorian character - can generate double the amount of posts / pages to Endgame Thor on this forum, then it's clear there's been a seismic shift in interest. Like it or not, Mando is the new king of the 1/6 collecting realm.

Until Book of Fett, then Spider-man, then Kenobi, etc, etc. Mando has had zero competition but that will change a lot before season 3. I really like mando but i'm already getting burned out on all the figures and i am really looking forward to this Thor on my shelf.

Where is my variant Loki?

I'm probably going to get some flack for this but here it goes.... Hela is demonstrably more powerful than Thanos without the Infinity Stones and they had to nerf Infinity War/end of Ragnarok Thor to level the field somewhat with the other Avengers.

I think Bro Thor looks best with all the lightning effects on him. A truly worthy appearance!

Somehow Thor doesn't look too good..

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-24 at 11.07.28.jpeg

Back