Hot Toys –MMS203D05 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure with Mechanical Chair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just won't sit well (no pun intended) for me to have him reclining with clenched teeth mid-dream sequence but have the monitor displaying that he's relaxed and leaning forward. :lol

That reminds me of the trick Keanu Reeves plays on Dennis Hopper's villain in 'Speed'.

Do I take it you thought the same thing or would have thought of the same thing? :D

No I didn't think of the same thing until I read your post, I just thought you used an extremely funny reference.:lol

After watching the film again I was reminded how captivating a scene it is when he's in the chair having his "dream." It's actually a pretty pivotal moment in the movie.

I'd like to own the chair but the OCD in me is disappointed that HT didn't include switch out plates for the video monitor capturing his movements. It just won't sit well (no pun intended) for me to have him reclining with clenched teeth mid-dream sequence but have the monitor displaying that he's relaxed and leaning forward. :lol

Here's what you do. Take a pic of Robo in the chair with the clenched teeth and shrink it down to 1/6 scale to print out. Place it over the actual screen of him just sitting there and bam, OCD gone. :)

LOL!!! "What do you mean Robocop left an hour ago? The monitor says he's sitting right---HEY!!!" :lol

Whats the point of that monitor anyway? It doesn't seem to be displaying anything other than the image of him. Whose gonna look at him on the monitor when hes sitting right there :lol :dunno

Whats the point of that monitor anyway? It doesn't seem to be displaying anything other than the image of him. Whose gonna look at him on the monitor when hes sitting right there :lol :dunno

The whole suite of monitoring equipment was pretty useless anyway. Why have monitoring equipment if the guys paid to sit there all night ain't monitoring? :lol

Whoa, am I seeing this right? Are we seeing two different pics on the docking station monitor? :google

13053121185a2c23eaefd1c3d5.png

902057_press05-001.jpg

Speaking as someone who missed these the first time around, I have this combo set on order and the ED-209.

I remember seeing the original ROBOCOP kit/figure in photos and recall how fantastic it looked and how much I wanted one, but just how far out of my reach it was in terms of price. Likewise the ED-209.

Now, things are a bit different and I can order both and put them on FLEX and they are going to be better figures (he says optimistically)!!

The look of this character has always been superbly kickarse and the movie is one of the best films ever to come out of the 80's. I even like RC-2 more than most. Shan't mention RC-3 though...

Back