Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. As I type this Encore HD is running a Robocop "trilogy" marathon and Robocop 1 is called out as being Rated R. However the film includes the locker room nudity from the NC-17 special edition but NONE of the X-rated violence during Kenny's or Murphy's deaths. I wonder if this is a new edit for premium cable?

The r rated cut of the movie has the locker room nudity too. Seen it plenty of times before I owned the unrated cut.:wink1:

I think the longer cut is more about more gore more blood and more shots fired then anything else... everything that makes a good movie better...

The 2 main additions to the Unrated cut are the additional ED-209 minced meat scene, and extra footage when Murphy is getting blown away (primarily the showing of his hand getting blown off, and the tracking shot when he gets the shot to the head).

I don't see anything about a 3D theatrical re-release, and I doubt the studio would want people to get their "fix" from the original and then not need to see the new one. ;) If the new movie was "RoboCop 4" then I could see the original getting a limited theatrical release to get people up to speed and excited to see the continuing chapter. But since its a reboot I bet they'll want it to have its own limelight.

I'm just hoping the remake prompts them to finally release the original theatrical (R rated) film in high-definition.

Pretty sure it's Predator that's getting the 3D retrofit/re-release.

But they'd get my ticket money for a RoboCop re-release, too, if they wanted to do it. Don't care about 3D, but I'd love to see it polished up and in a theater again.

Pictures from STGCC.

9648086264_cce7985a64_b.jpg

9648086298_80933995f1_b.jpg

I wonder what they're saving the Alex Murphy head sculpt for... this version already has battle damaged parts.

I wonder what they're saving the Alex Murphy head sculpt for... this version already has battle damaged parts.

Well first of all, they make more money doing it that way.
Second, this version with swappable damaged bits, I assume, is depicting the damage only from the ED-209 fight. The one with the full head sculpt will probably be hella BD Murphy after the DPD fill him full of holes after ED-209 does and after he takes his helmet off. In other words the next release will probably be "steel mill Robo".

Back