Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neck joints busted on mine too. Stupid to use clear plastic. Fortunately, if you ever had to pick one joint to glue on any one figure, the Robocop neck joint would be it.

Hot Toys should be shot for using those clear plastic joint sockets for all of Robocop.

Before Robocop even came out, everyone was complaining about how the clear plastic ankle sockets were detoriating on numerous figures. Just as with the original ED-209 and his rubber dome, Hot Toys never listened.

Are they replaceable? From the 1/6 parts that are available on ebay these days?

Not really. From the looks of it, it would require basically dismantling the figure completely and basically rebuilding it.

I'm really happy with the pose I have, if the main joints go I'll just end up gluing them. Like Thor's feet, Godfather's knees, Hellboys knees.... It's not ideal, but nor am I really phased by it.

I haven't had any breaks yet but I have no doubt it's inevitable - and probably whether I play around with them or not.

I have less respect for Hot Toys with each passing year.

wait, you mean you remember about hot toys each passing year? i thought they were dead for several years already, except for a minor branch dedicated to mentally disabled.

I haven't had any breaks yet but I have no doubt it's inevitable - and probably whether I play around with them or not.

Same here. The Genisys endo itself is nice, but few things in this piece are just so lazy and a punch to your face.
Not even funny anymore.

Saw this repainted Robo posted on FB by Einur Kubatov.

It's sad to see my silver Robocop on the shelf compared to this. Really need to get it repainted one of these days.

119107459_1266085783729665_893665585548696793_n.jpg

119126918_1266085790396331_4382036894457379239_n.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful, apart from the common mistake of the chin-piece not on correctly.

As far as the paint - as I cast my eye up to my Robocop section even the 18'' NECA has a more accurate looking paintjob than the stock Hot Toys.

Beautiful, apart from the common mistake of the chin-piece not on correctly.

As far as the paint - as I cast my eye up to my Robocop section even the 18'' NECA has a more accurate looking paintjob than the stock Hot Toys.

Can you please post a pic with it on accurately? I swear I had it on right a long time ago when I posted pics and was told it wasn't on right.

Can you please post a pic with it on accurately? I swear I had it on right a long time ago when I posted pics and was told it wasn't on right.
The chin should be hidden by the guard, as seen here. You can unplug the guard from the sides of the head (basically where the ears would be) and then place the faceplate to make sure you get it right. Be careful. Of course, not to damage the guard.
fbe7f7589a42e8f033cabc4f412e37f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Saw this repainted Robo posted on FB by Einur Kubatov.

It's sad to see my silver Robocop on the shelf compared to this. Really need to get it repainted one of these days.

119107459_1266085783729665_893665585548696793_n.jpg

119126918_1266085790396331_4382036894457379239_n.jpg

Amazing how a figure can go from looking like a somewhat cheap figure to a high-end collectible with a proper paint job!

How much would something like that cost?

All I remember was my dreams being instantly crushed when I heard a price quote. :(

Of course the other consideration now is what if you get yourself that lovely paintjob only for your figure to then break due to Hot Toys crappy joints? Soul destroying.

Last edited:
All I remember was my dreams being instantly crushed when I heard a price quote. :(

Of course the other consideration now is what if you get yourself that lovely paintjob only for your figure to then break? Soul destroying.

Hmmm. Well, I do love creating things myself with and maybe it's time I pick up and air brush, practice over the next few months and attempt this myself. I don't want to sound like I'm diminishing the work - because it's beautiful - but I view this paint project as being on the easier side, no? What I mean is that it's not as intricate or as complex as other work - you're simply laying down a coat of pearlescent paint. What would require practice is layering of other paint to bring out the purple and blue hues.

Hmmm. Well, I do love creating things myself with and maybe it's time I pick up and air brush, practice over the next few months and attempt this myself. I don't want to sound like I'm diminishing the work - because it's beautiful - but I view this paint project as being on the easier side, no? What I mean is that it's not as intricate or as complex as other work - you're simply laying down a coat of pearlescent paint. What would require practice is layering of other paint to bring out the purple and blue hues.

Yeah it’s really not that hard. And the price Dark spidey charges is completely ridiculous.

Back