Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I had completely forgotten that Hot Toys actually initially had the color right on their Robocop prototype then messed it up and made him Chromecop for the final release and now I'm mad about it all over again. These are from 2013...

sdcc2013_sideshow_116.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

Yeah, the colour of the production piece was a huge surprise at the time, be side the promo photos and the prototypes shown at shows were significantly different.

The Enterbay figure is closer to the on screen colour--but still a ways off. Still, the difference is meaningful enough that putting the EB and the HT side by side in the display makes the HT paint job look even worse.

At the end of the day, though, the only collectibles I've ever seen that accurately represent the smokey, iridescent look seen in R1 are DarkSpidey's repaints. No stock collectibles have ever come close.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Aside from the paint its still a really great figure.

Its almost like they forgot to add that slight bluish/purple undertone in the paint. Massive defect that was never caught perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m sorry but even with a great sculpt and accessories, it can?t be called a great figure. Paint is completely off.
Should we say the same if DX09 were grey instead of black???
But maybe you?re completely right, it?s a very interesting theory. What if HT made a big mistake in the paint process and kept the silence...
Had one, sold it quickly and kept the Mafex, smaller but much more in the mood of the movie straight out the box...for almost the quarter of the price.
Sorry again but when we look at these proto pics, we can?t accept this chromecop...

I for the life of me can not see the difference lol I would definitely love to have him in my collection though!

For me, all I remember is him having a more blue paint job in the sequels as opposed to the first film

I for the life of me can not see the difference lol I would definitely love to have him in my collection though!

For me, all I remember is him having a more blue paint job in the sequels as opposed to the first film

Its not noticeable enough for me to mind.

Here's a comparison that I think shows there difference pretty well. The figure is basically silver, while the actual suit is a smokey grey. With significantly more colour.

Did it stop me from buying and loving the figure? No. Do I definitely want to get it repainted? Yeah. It's a pretty huge miss.
cc2778c1790b88cda60aa462f4e09fd8.jpg
12fbd9207692f4db845d4245b6a384de.jpg

Here's a comparison that I think shows there difference pretty well. The figure is basically silver, while the actual suit is a smokey grey. With significantly more colour.

Did it stop me from buying and loving the figure? No. Do I definitely want to get it repainted? Yeah. It's a pretty huge miss.
cc2778c1790b88cda60aa462f4e09fd8.jpg
12fbd9207692f4db845d4245b6a384de.jpg

Great comparison. The movie version looks slightly more glossy too.

Sometimes hard to tell the difference because guys like me use flattering lighting and color correction to compensate for it in photos. The prototype was correctly more of a grey with a blue hue but the final product was a screaming white chrome. It’s obvious how wrong the diecast release was when you see it alongside the battle-damaged release.

501-robocop.jpg

I would definitely love it to be the perfect color but I'm happy enough to have both sets. Plus 99.9% of the people that ever see my display will have no idea.

A shame Threezero abandoned their Cain figure, which at least got to a prototype. We did get figures from the crappy reboot though, thanks a bunch.

I don't care so much for the R2 paintjob, but I would still buy it--and I would buy the gutted Robo in a heartbeat. That's a pretty pie in the sky dream, though.

I don't care so much for the R2 paintjob, but I would still buy it--and I would buy the gutted Robo in a heartbeat. That's a pretty pie in the sky dream, though.

I'm the opposite, don't care about the movie but LOVE the paint job, it's simply more less how he should have looked in the original film.

Back