Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 yrs too late probably, but I want to point out that the chin strap can be removed so no force is necessary on the face to prevent any scratching around the chin area caused by the chin strap. I'm surprised that no video I've seen on YouTube shows this done properly. None have shown the removal of the chin strap. Instead the face piece is forcefully removed or attached onto the head to sit flush under the chin strap. Doing so will scratch up the chin. Do people not read instruction manuals anymore? It's so much easier to replace or remove the face once the chin strap is removed. Simply attach back the chin strap over the chin, no forceful adjustment necessary, thus no scratches on the chin area.

48764962468_a600c1c279_b.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out. I plan to get this figure so its awesome to see fellow collectors helping others get informed.
Also the only youtuber I've seen who did mention this is ClipperKing, although he doesn't get quite as many views as other channels.

Glue it, insert a joint there and then surround it with the Milputty, let it get hard. Done.
You won't be able to get the joint out after, but it will be fixed fine.

i also saw a method of replacing broken joint with a rubber part of neck adapters, but cannot find the post.

vvuqa8M.jpg

Any suggestions on substitutes for the crotch grabber? I'm trying to think of ideas. In case anyone's wondering why, you DO NOT want to have the figure being secured by crotch grabber too long as it will ruin his Robo crotch.

Mine's been on the grabber since day one with no issues, but I would happily upgrade to a crotch cradle (seems like it would be best for Robo) if I could find a decent seller of them. They seem really hard to find.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

The two black plastic buds on the crotch grabber will ruin the thighs overtime, happened to mine but thankfully I sold it and found a replacement figure. Seen a few photos on FB too if I recall. I'm thinking of using a plastic waist grabber but if I recall someone had their Robo butt being stained by sitting on the chair for too long, so a waist grabber would theoretically could damage the waist too.

Do you have any pics? What happens to the crotch, I thought it was black plastic or is it rubber?

Like I said above, the buds will damage the thighs overtime. Here was mine and he was never moved while on the stand, you can see the plastic on the thigh warping due to prolonged contact with the crotch grabber buds.

50307157787_31db6f687b_h.jpg

Any suggestions on substitutes for the crotch grabber? I'm trying to think of ideas. In case anyone's wondering why, you DO NOT want to have the figure being secured by crotch grabber too long as it will ruin his Robo crotch.

I basically shove the crotch grabber sides up into the black of the crotch past the leg armo, so he's really grabbing the crotch. No worry on damaging anything.

The two black plastic buds on the crotch grabber will ruin the thighs overtime, happened to mine but thankfully I sold it and found a replacement figure. Seen a few photos on FB too if I recall. I'm thinking of using a plastic waist grabber but if I recall someone had their Robo butt being stained by sitting on the chair for too long, so a waist grabber would theoretically could damage the waist too.

i see! like i said before, nothing should touch that metal paint. (and it was me who tried to warn everybody about the chair)

all of mine are safe because i use the grabber on a black plastic area, not on metal thighs.

Back