Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think PC was incredulous that fran had said something in defense of HT Robo. fran's been beating the drum for EB Robo for as long as I've been here, probably longer. :lol

:goodpost::exactly: Fran used to bash the hell out of HT Robocop but then ended up buying a second one, I commend Fran now, and if I had the money would buy the EB one. But its way out of my price range. So yes I was shocked to see him defend it. It makes me very happy though.

By that logic PopCollector, it'd be ok for Hot Toys to put Johnny Depp headsculpts on Tony Stark figures; I mean you can't please everyone and there'll always be minor details that aren't accurate anyhow so what does it even matter? :nana:

View attachment 149861

My point being, I'm sure you can acknowledge that there are varying degrees of what is and is not acceptable in the accuracy department; and every person is welcome to have their own level of standards. I don't think think it's unreasonable to expect a red and gold Iron Man to not come off the assembly line as pink and yellow.

And I don't think you'd find a single person who would argue that this figure would be worse-off if it had turned out prototype-grey instead of production-figure silver.

I guess man, but we will never know, trust me if no one can be happy with MMS 238 or even John Matrix, it goes to show that not everyone would be happy regardless of a good sculpt or paint job. Even A-Dev has problems with DX13 so there you go even the best Hot Toy figure is flawed. I think the point I'm making is that even the "correct" color wouldn't fix everything people would find something to complain about.

Hey fellas, I tried out a Sideshow crotch grabber arm and it works perfectly with Robocop... it fits in between the thigh armor and is actually pretty well hidden. Best of all it actually allows the stand to keep him upright.

You really can't tell it's there, but I circled where the ball end of the grabber arm rests... and the curve of the arm is the same size as Robo's crotch/booty. It's like it was made for this figure :lol

91e1e4c3-cf67-4b97-bbb6-fcab385d736f_zpsf68760dc.jpg

And before anyone says anything about the silver color... I brightened the hell out of the picture to try to get the stand arm to show up :lol

No doubt his color is off from the movie, but it honestly is not something that bothers me as it's a close enough in my book. But I could see how it would be off putting for some.

Last edited:
Then why did the first version Hot Toys made have the correct paint and this allegedly "improved" version doesn't? Sounds like taking one step forward and two steps backwards to me.

By that logic PopCollector, it'd be ok for Hot Toys to put Johnny Depp headsculpts on Tony Stark figures; I mean you can't please everyone and there'll always be minor details that aren't accurate anyhow so what does it even matter? :nana:

View attachment 149861

My point being, I'm sure you can acknowledge that there are varying degrees of what is and is not acceptable in the accuracy department; and every person is welcome to have their own level of standards. I don't think think it's unreasonable to expect a red and gold Iron Man to not come off the assembly line as pink and yellow.

And I don't think you'd find a single person who would argue that this figure would be worse-off if it had turned out prototype-grey instead of production-figure silver.

Good point, man. Good way to highlight the lack of logic behind some statements. Some of these things being said like "what does it matter because some people will never be happy anyhow" or "If they nailed the color to what you Mr Walker thought was perfect some other SS freak on here would say its inaccurate. That's my point there is no pleasing everyone." are pointless and illogical statements. Because by this logic, or lack thereof, we should overlook all existing and real issues, regardless of the degree or magnitude of the problem just because there "might" still be one person who isn't happy even if they fix that issue? So if they put the wrong head onto another figure we still shouldn't complain because even if they fix it there will still be people who will complain about other stuff? Doesn't make sense, does it?

Even if there still might be someone that isn't happy if a figure is "hypothetically" perfect in another world, doesn't mean the current real issues or inaccuracies doesn't exist because they still do. And it doesn't mean people aren't allowed to talk about them.

Now the only question is just whether each person are ok with these issues or inaccuracies and to each his own. I might not be happy with some of these inaccuracies personally, but I'm also happy for others who are enjoying their figures regardless of these issues existing as they have a right to be so. Just as others have a right to not be happy about certain inaccuracies.

However, to pass judgement on a poster or posters who are only bringing up real issues by saying pointless stuff like "even if the paint job is correct those same people will still find something to complain about" is uncalled for. Because by stereotyping and passing such judgement on posters instead of just talking about the real issues will get us nowhere. For example, I have quite a few hot toys or enterbay figures in my collection and I've been happy with about 90% of them. I have the Christopher Reeve Superman figure and I enjoy it very much and have no complaints about it. Same with my recent Elder Predator figure. So it already proves such generalizing statements like "those same people who complain will never be happy" false and pointless. So yeah, if Robo kept the current quality of sculpt, but got the paint job more accurate I would definitely be happy.

It's simple, there are inaccuracies with the figure from the paint job to the brown skin tone. And the pink airbrushing on the deltoids could have been handled a bit better. We also got charged quite a bit extra money for 4 small pieces of diecast. These are facts. It's just a matter of whether each person is ok with them or not and it's fine either way.

Hey fellas, I tried out a Sideshow crotch grabber arm and it works perfectly with Robocop... it fits in between the thigh armor and is actually pretty well hidden. Best of all it actually allows the stand to keep him upright.

You really can't tell it's there, but I circled where the ball end of the grabber arm rests... and the curve of the arm is the same size as Robo's crotch/booty. It's like it was made for this figure :lol

91e1e4c3-cf67-4b97-bbb6-fcab385d736f_zpsf68760dc.jpg

And before anyone says anything about the silver color... I brightened the hell out of the picture to try to get the stand arm to show up :lol

No doubt his color is off from the movie, but it honestly is not something that bothers me as it's a close enough in my book. But I could see how it would be off putting for some.

Perfect fit man.

Well said mod, that's why I respect your tenure here man. Thank you for coming into this thread and calling it down the middle man. I know there was drama in the Snake Plisskin Thread but I still respected the way you handled things, you wouldn't be mod if you didn't know what you are doing. Like I said in there man sometimes there are just some bad apples and some of the stuff said in there were un-called for.

Just left the Snake thread !!!! Was reading through that madness and got the F out :lol

Just left the Snake thread !!!! Was reading through that madness and got the F out :lol

Yeah I actually deleted that post but you quoted it, I didn't want to sound over there like I didn't respect GalacticBoy's authority, I just don't think it should have gotten to the escalation that it did.

I am still not even convinced that the proto paint app wasn't photo shopped. Even if it wasn't shopped we should have known
HT wouldn't replicate it on MP. I don't know why they can't try harder to get the MP versions to match up more.
I like the figure all except for the rubber elbows and knees, they worry me. I hate how they didn't
used a plastic joint like the IM have, there was no need for their crappy rubber. The bd version will have it too :slap

I am still not even convinced that the proto paint app wasn't photo shopped. Even if it wasn't shopped we should have known
HT wouldn't replicate it on MP. I don't know why they can't try harder to get the MP versions to match up more.
I like the figure all except for the rubber elbows and knees, they worry me. I hate how they didn't
used a plastic joint like the IM have, there was no need for their crappy rubber. The bd version will have it too :slap

if they used the plastic like the kind around the forearm though its too hard isn't it? I don't own a Iron Man, I'm not Budget Stark :wink1: but they are flexible?

Yeah, I made the mistake of putting that sucker on Flex day 1, so I'm in no matter what now. He is pretty much paid for. Fingers crossed.

I know I want you and others to get a good figure, and I want to own a Kurt Russel 1/6 figure I'm keeping my fingers crossed too man.

This is the only HT Robo I have. I'm happy with it too. Not perfect, but what figure is :wink1: I think once the BD version and Murphy are next to him on the shelf that display will be insane :lol

15749575647_c1c3db09ee_b.jpg

Back