Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 149711

Just gotta say this gets my vote for figure of the year. The realism and proportion they achieved on this outweighs any flaws this may or may not have. As for the "silver" paint issue - it becomes irrelevant the longer you have this figure in hand. My only worries with Robo are how well the rubber covering the elbow joints and knee joints will hold up over time.

Before this, I would have given the vote to the Mark XLII, but what they did on this release just blows the prior diecast figures out of the water. It could be because I am a long time Robocop fan, but the quality and care that went into making this shows through. An outstanding release which will not be beaten for a very long time.

Robo has less diecast than the Iron Man armors but weighs just as much. These just feel right at this weight and it does make the prior robotic releases feel cheap by comparison even though they weigh as much as most other figures. Robo is a great surprise this year and if you don't have him yet, you are missing out.

People want perfection, I can't even find the perfect woman out there, what are the chances that HT will nail Robocop perfectly? Someone will always find something to complain about.

View attachment 149711

Just gotta say this gets my vote for figure of the year. The realism and proportion they achieved on this outweighs any flaws this may or may not have. As for the "silver" paint issue - it becomes irrelevant the longer you have this figure in hand. My only worries with Robo are how well the rubber covering the elbow joints and knee joints will hold up over time.

Before this, I would have given the vote to the Mark XLII, but what they did on this release just blows the prior diecast figures out of the water. It could be because I am a long time Robocop fan, but the quality and care that went into making this shows through. An outstanding release which will not be beaten for a very long time.

Robo has less diecast than the Iron Man armors but weighs just as much. These just feel right at this weight and it does make the prior robotic releases feel cheap by comparison even though they weigh as much as most other figures. Robo is a great surprise this year and if you don't have him yet, you are missing out.

Completely agree. My favorite figure this year for sure.

Quick shot of my Robo

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 329
I actually looked into some seriously clever paint to replicate the film look. It can be done and not with permanent painted accents, but with genuine pearlescence. But damn is it expensive. Anyone looking to just do this with hobby paint would be well advised to leave well alone, unless you're happy for a figure to become a failed experiment.
Now that I'd like to see. A true pearlescent factory level finish would be a thing to behold. Just out of curiousity, how much did you ballpark it for? I'm guessing ~$900.00?

If they nailed the color to what you Mr Walker thought was perfect some other SS freak on here would say its inaccurate. That's my point there is no pleasing everyone.
I can only notice the proto/production difference when the pics are posted side-by-side, to be honest. No doubt the prototype finish is superior but what we got is still pretty amazing, in my books. I had to cancel with a local distributor (they've just become too unreliable), so won't be getting Robo until February, but can't wait. Paired with ED and the BD Robo, it'll be a fantastic display (decided to reluctantly pass on the Alex Murphy figure). Kind of glad RoboCop 2 & 3 sucked as I have no desire for any characters from those movies. Too much Star Wars stuff coming out to be a fan of much else. :lol

Aside from the colour, other issues have been the lack of a gun hand and the lack of support/scratches on the stand. Do you guys think HT will address these issues with the release of the BD version. How do we get the message to them so that they will hear. There seems like a opportunity for HT to fix product issues with the BD release.

Aside from the colour, other issues have been the lack of a gun hand and the lack of support/scratches on the stand. Do you guys think HT will address these issues with the release of the BD version. How do we get the message to them so that they will hear. There seems like a opportunity for HT to fix product issues with the BD release.

Probably not.

bdrobofig.jpg

Hopefully ht will get the message about the colour and not make the mistake of making it a silver paintjob but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

^^ I am 100% sure they won't but they are legitimate issues (hand and stand) found in the regular version that can revised with their second BD release

No, it doesn't.

Did you really just say that!? Yeah its still Robocop, but there is no pleasing some people. Holtrax, Mr. Walker, and others would still complain if we got the prototype. They would say the rings on his shoulders were wrong or the legs are too skinny or the chest is wrong. When its one of the best Robocop release to date.(Other than the EB one)

Did you really just say that!? Yeah its still Robocop, but there is no pleasing some people. Holtrax, Mr. Walker, and others would still complain if we got the prototype. They would say the rings on his shoulders were wrong or the legs are too skinny or the chest is wrong. When its one of the best Robocop release to date.(Other than the EB one)
By that logic PopCollector, it'd be ok for Hot Toys to put Johnny Depp headsculpts on Tony Stark figures; I mean you can't please everyone and there'll always be minor details that aren't accurate anyhow so what does it even matter? :nana:

johnny-stark.jpg

My point being, I'm sure you can acknowledge that there are varying degrees of what is and is not acceptable in the accuracy department; and every person is welcome to have their own level of standards. I don't think think it's unreasonable to expect a red and gold Iron Man to not come off the assembly line as pink and yellow.

And I don't think you'd find a single person who would argue that this figure would be worse-off if it had turned out prototype-grey instead of production-figure silver.

Thing is we're talking a difference in tone or brightness and not another character's head or completely wrong colours. :lol

I agree it's to each their own but I do find it hard to understand at the same time.

Thing is we're talking a difference in tone or brightness and not another character's head or completely wrong colours. :lol

I agree it's to each their own but I do find it hard to understand at the same time.
The different head was merely to point out the flaw in Popcollector's "what does it matter because some people will never be happy anyhow" argument. I DON'T think the color issue is as extreme as putting the wrong face on the body.

But white-Silver instead of gun-metal grey is no better in my book than getting a pink iron man suit instead of a red one.

This sentence makes it sound like you're about to get into an argument with Fran when instead what you go on to say makes it sound more like you'd be inclined to argue with kl241...did you mean to quote him rather than Fran?

I think PC was incredulous that fran had said something in defense of HT Robo. fran's been beating the drum for EB Robo for as long as I've been here, probably longer. :lol

Back