Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The left elbow looks funny, almost like they photoshopped out the rubber

robotcop_014.jpg

Thanks for sharing those here, but am I the only one who thinks the figure looks really cheap in these pics? And the ugly flat silver and brown faceplates make a return. If this is what the figure really looks like in-hand, then I think I'll part with him next year to fund the Battle-Damaged version.

Fair comment, the silverness is very prominent in these pics. Awesomely posed though.

The left elbow looks funny, almost like they photoshopped out the rubber

Hadn't noticed that but yeah...weird. Not sure why the photographer would do that.

Fair comment, the silverness is very prominent in these pics. Awesomely posed though.

Hadn't noticed that but yeah...weird. Not sure why the photographer would do that.
uuggghhh, I'm actually noticing it in some other pics as well
Might not be photoshopped

The teeth don't look nearly as realistic as the prototypes either, which is a shame as those on hulk were great.

Really want to see some in hand pictures of this, hoping the silver so not so flat.

Oh I thought that was a prototype picture, much much better. Thanks for that.

If you've took others what page are they on?

While yes the colour looks better in that shot, keep in mind that OMG, the photographer, would have used very specific lighting. It shows you what the figure can look like.

But when you take the figure out of the box you're going to see primarily silver.

This a good in hand video I think, gritty and just what you will prob. get, this is why I liked Michael Crawford's old reviews, the pictures showed what the figure really looks like in hand. You expectations are lowered so much, but when you get a figure or look at a figure in person its a different story. And those of you complaining about the silver, need to go see the first movie again. He was blue in the second one, in the first its silver with a blue pearlesant the movie was done in the 80s it was dark, and in a lot of shots it looks silver, but like I said its a pearlesant so it can change colors. Anyone that has played GTA V knows what I mean by that comment, so its gonna look blue in some pictures or silver in others, really depends on angles and lighting.

EDIT: Also a word of warning, those of you that are planning on switching the face, instead of keeping the default one might want to reconsider, there are reports of the bottom chin rubbing against the face chin and causing it to have some rubbing off of the paint. So changing the face around might not be good for it.

This a good in hand video I think, gritty and just what you will prob. get, this is why I liked Michael Crawford's old reviews, the pictures showed what the figure really looks like in hand. You expectations are lowered so much, but when you get a figure or look at a figure in person its a different story. And those of you complaining about the silver, need to go see the first movie again. He was blue in the second one, in the first its silver with a blue pearlesant the movie was done in the 80s it was dark, and in a lot of shots it looks silver, but like I said its a pearlesant so it can change colors. Anyone that has played GTA V knows what I mean by that comment, so its gonna look blue in some pictures or silver in others, really depends on angles and lighting.

EDIT: Also a word of warning, those of you that are planning on switching the face, instead of keeping the default one might want to reconsider, there are reports of the bottom chin rubbing against the face chin and causing it to have some rubbing off of the paint. So changing the face around might not be good for it.

Well, the consensus seems to be that the silver is a shade or two too bright, but it can be mitigated by ambient light.

And Skull pointed out the part about swapping out the mouthplates and scuffing.

Something to consider you guys can make your own judgement on what you guys think the color of the suit is, but this was taken from robocop archives.com

SUIT VERSIONS
Altogether, seven complete robosuits were manufactured for the first RoboCop movie. Some had specific functions, such as one required for a scene in which RoboCop walks through an exploding gas station. Special fireproof fiberglass and other safeguards were incorporated into the suit worn by a stunt-man during the potentially hazardous shot. Two additional robosuits - termed 'third act' suits - were also man-ufactured. The third act suits reflects all the damage Robo had suffered in his fight with ED 209 and when the Detroit Police Department shoots him up. Basically they just pulled pieces off the molds for two fresh suits and then spent about a week using drills and all kinds of tools to make it look like bullets had burned their way through the armor. Of course, a lot of thought went into it and the bullet hits and gouges were very artistically placed. Finally, about thirty tygon tubes were laid inside the suits and hooked up to all of those bullet holes so they could have oil squirting out through the impact craters.

Both RoboCop 2 and 3 feature the same kind of mold for the chest damage; the big whole in the heart with the small holes next to it, even the latest tv show RoboCop:prime Directives use the same mold for chest damage.

RoboCop The series used a variety of different suit versions, a suit used in the episode "Officer Missing" is unique in that it features a sculpted dent on the chest. This is specific to only this episode where Robocop is hit by a snow plow and his chest armor is dented

THE COLOR OF THE SUIT
The RoboCop suits was painted in a variety of ways on different films. The first and third suits were very gray, whereas the suit in 2 tended towards a very plasticy blue. The suit in RoboCop:prime Directives is back to the original gray colour scheme (albeit seriously battle-damaged).

The RoboCop suits are more green than anything when seen in real life - they're painted with a special photoreactive paint that registers metallic on film.

One thing to consider that if they made a suit to withstand some fireconditions in say the gas station scene that it may have been using different paint for that scene and if 7 suits were made for different scenes and no 2 are alike because they each are for those scenes, you are going to see the color that is in that scene.

Well, the consensus seems to be that the silver is a shade or two too bright, but it can be mitigated by ambient light.

And Skull pointed out the part about swapping out the mouthplates and scuffing.

Did he mention also to loosen the arms a little before posing, there have been reports of people pulling the arms apart and having to return them to SB in HK.

So in short silver is wrong! It was more grey metallic, green metallic in most shots if u watch the 4k version.

I quote:
The RoboCop suits are more green than anything when seen in real life - they're painted with a special photoreactive paint that registers metallic on film.

No green in person, and when shot looked metallic on film because of the green paint, but yeah grey is kinda subjective, to me grey reminds me of silver so think what you want dude.

Also I don't own the 4k version what if I'm basing it off the actual film, or what if someone was basing it off the blueray, what if someone was basing it off the criterion edition, or the criterion laser disc. Don't matter I'm basing it off the fire retardant paint, from the gas station :monkey3

Looks like those who have ordered this from UK based sellers will be waiting until February 2015, that's the date that ToyHQ have published.

Back