Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it this is the best option if you want to support a UK seller and pay the best price? Wow, sorry to hear that, man.

I ordered mine with Loonten to avoid the huge delays with UK retailers, but having said that I have no idea when he will get his batch for shipping either. I did however pre-order the new BD Robo and Murphy figure with ToyHQ, which I may or may not cancel depending on the final price coupled with the inevitably huge delay that the UK will surely face in receiving it.

Well, the consensus seems to be that the silver is a shade or two too bright, but it can be mitigated by ambient light.

And Skull pointed out the part about swapping out the mouthplates and scuffing.

Yes sir, If you plan to swap faces out it will damage the paint, you will not see it when there in place but still, I recommend picking up an extra set of faces if the that sort of thing bothers you like it did me:lecture

As for the paint, accurate or not its beautiful in hand, the figure like the movie suit will take on a different look depending on your lighting, those with the color changing dioder lights will love it. It has a deep luster and is mainly silver with purple, blue and a hint of green air brushed thoughout, there's also a super fine metallic flic then finished off with a clear coat finish. So freaking nice, just an amazing figure:thud:

so where does the paint get damaged at? is it on the back of the mouth plates or on the front? I only plan on using the
neutral one mostly but I might use 1 other.

I ordered mine with Loonten to avoid the huge delays with UK retailers, but having said that I have no idea when he will get his batch for shipping either. I did however pre-order the new BD Robo and Murphy figure with ToyHQ, which I may or may not cancel depending on the final price coupled with the inevitably huge delay that the UK will surely face in receiving it.

I guess Loonten isn't as well-connected as, say, a Budget Stark or a timcent.

so where does the paint get damaged at? is it on the back of the mouth plates or on the front? I only plan on using the
neutral one mostly but I might use 1 other.

Skull could say for sure, but I guess it's the area of the plate that slips underneath the chinguard.

That's it, the problem is the fit of the face plate is so tight under the chin guard that if you want it to sit correctly you have to force it in, wedge it if you will. The chin guard does move up and down on a hinge but this doesn't help any in placing the faces. I changed only one plate and gave up after I noticed the issue, I didn't want to cause any more damage.

I guess Loonten isn't as well-connected as, say, a Budget Stark or a timcent.

Nope, doesn't look that way but he is less expensive than both. The release is constantly moving and I don't expect to see it for a long time yet, I stupidly paid for the entire thing back in September thinking it was around the corner but nope. As for the Murphy/BD combo package that's coming up, I might have to scrap the order with ToyHQ because I'm not someone with a lot of patience when it comes to paying in advance. If that makes sense, I'd almost rather have it much sooner than the 2-3 (and sometimes 4) month delay AFTER HK that is seeming more and more common.

I've never seen Budget Stark's prices, anyone have a link?

First, a battery compartment full of magnets that made it virtually impossible to get to (Mark 42) and now you have to get another set of faceplates if you want to keep them undamaged from NORMAL use.

Nope, doesn't look that way but he is less expensive than both. The release is constantly moving and I don't expect to see it for a long time yet, I stupidly paid for the entire thing back in September thinking it was around the corner but nope. As for the Murphy/BD combo package that's coming up, I might have to scrap the order with ToyHQ because I'm not someone with a lot of patience when it comes to paying in advance. If that makes sense, I'd almost rather have it much sooner than the 2-3 (and sometimes 4) month delay AFTER HK that is seeming more and more common.

I've never seen Budget Stark's prices, anyone have a link?

I've never dealt with him before, but he's not cheap. His prices seem to vary based on his relationship with each particular customer. If you establish a trust, a rapport, he'll probably give you a better price the more you buy from him.

I've never dealt with him before, but he's not cheap. His prices seem to vary based on his relationship with each particular customer. If you establish a trust, a rapport, he'll probably give you a better price the more you buy from him.

Ah right. I'll save myself the time then and stick with Loonten ;) just hope he gets his allocated amount WAY before Feb next year. It's weird, the delay thing has almost put me off buying the BD version because you just know it's going to be well over a year from now before it's remotely close to being in hand. But, shall stick with it for now. At least until the price is up on ToyHQ, who by the way seem to ignore emails entirely (does nothing to boost buyer confidence in case anyone from there is reading this).

First, a battery compartment full of magnets that made it virtually impossible to get to (Mark 42) and now you have to get another set of faceplates if you want to keep them undamaged from NORMAL use.

It's piss-poor design. Plates should have slipped into place, flush against the chin/jawguard and not underneath it. Scuff City right there.

And then there's the thigh holster. :gah:

Wish I had ordered with BBTS.

This better have a wow factor that i'm somehow not seeing in order for me to keep it. Not really digging that full bronze skin tone one bit, Weller was as white as they come.

Looks like those who have ordered this from UK based sellers will be waiting until February 2015, that's the date that ToyHQ have published.

Jesus. For a product revealed in mid-2013.

I will never again order from the UK. I just don't have this kind of patience. However I think I'll still keep my Collectiblekitbash order of the chair version (anyone else order from them?) because I'd use this delay to finish my T-800 figures in the meantime.

I watched clipper's review again and he made it look easy enough. Didn't damage anything either.

Nah, he pushed rubbed the faceplate quite roughly IMO. You can't do that with HT faces. The paint is microscopically thin. Even rubbing you finger over it with force can damage it. I never change the face on robo as a result. I cringed when I saw the way rick was forcing the faceplates on. I've seen the same problem but to a lesser extent with Keaton Bats, and that's a lot easier to change.

Jesus. For a product revealed in mid-2013.

I will never again order from the UK. I just don't have this kind of patience. However I think I'll still keep my Collectiblekitbash order of the chair version (anyone else order from them?) because I'd use this delay to finish my T-800 figures in the meantime.

I'm with you on this 100%, as I've said in previous posts I've ordered the BD/Murphy set from ToyHQ but I'm tempted to cancel it once the price is released and just hope that someone like Loonten gets it in stock closer to the ACTUAL release date rather than the stagnated UK date.

Back