Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

Recently got my first Hot Toys(Dark Knight Armory w/ Batman), and I love it. Now I gotta get Joker and Bane, but of course both of them go for crazy prices on the secondary market now.

I've decided to try making custom/kitbashed figures of both of them. I've already started on Joker but I wasn't aware of a kit for Bane until today.

I came across this online; is this from one sixth kit or another place? It looks pretty good but I would like to know if the quality is there. Has anybody gotten this knock off Bane set?

Are you still interested in obtaining the Hot Toys version of Joker and Bane? I'm thinking of selling both of them. PM me if you are interested.

I have the new muscular M34 phicen body and have had no idea what to use it for. I was thinking of using it for this Bane. I think I remember reading someone else doing it.

If so, how hard was it to get the pants and vest back on? Does the vest need to be modified to fit over the larger body?

Thanks in advance.

I have the new muscular M34 phicen body and have had no idea what to use it for. I was thinking of using it for this Bane. I think I remember reading someone else doing it.

If so, how hard was it to get the pants and vest back on? Does the vest need to be modified to fit over the larger body?

Thanks in advance.

There is a danoby2 youtube vid on upgrading the third party with a phicen m34, I remember he did mention that the pants were hard to put on.

EDIT here it is

This is my favorite Hot Toys figure. It is probably hitting higher prices because it was the only version of him released unlike the numerous batman's and jokers.

I used the muscular Phicen body for my Bane and man! it was kind of a PITA getting that vest right, my straps came unglued in some areas and it was very time consuming putting them back together. Yes, the pants are tight, you have to be patient, but they do eventually slide on and zip up. The end result is pretty cool looking as Bane needs a seamless body IMO. Not crazy about the snug fit, but it works for now. Hopefully someone makes some pants that fit a little more loose. I'll post some pics later.

I used the muscular Phicen body for my Bane and man! it was kind of a PITA getting that vest right, my straps came unglued in some areas and it was very time consuming putting them back together. Yes, the pants are tight, you have to be patient, but they do eventually slide on and zip up. The end result is pretty cool looking as Bane needs a seamless body IMO. Not crazy about the snug fit, but it works for now. Hopefully someone makes some pants that fit a little more loose. I'll post some pics later.
Please post pics. Planning on doing the same!

Here are the pics I promised.

IMG_2807.jpg IMG_2809.jpg IMG_2810.jpg

Looking good!

Are you able to get this pose down with the Phicen Body? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 328752

I haven't tried that pose personally, but from the poses I've tried, I'm confident it could come very close if not actually achieve this pose. The phicen body articulates extremely well overall, you can get get some really good poses out of it. Because the pants are so snug some poses are restricted. I guess my only question is, how good is the rubber, and how long will it last? Anyone have any long term issues with Phicen bodies?

Could be the pics but perhaps a little too bulky? Makes the head look small?

Actually in person it looks pretty good. For me the Hot Toys body just doesn't suit bane especially viewing it without the jacket. This seamless body looks far more superior and realistic to what Bane should look like. He looks very imposing and intimidating with the Phicen body. I would recommend it to anyone who has the Bane figure.

Could be the pics but perhaps a little too bulky? Makes the head look small?

Thats what I thought too. The head looks a little too small. I get he should look intimidating but the scale of the head to the body just isn't working for me. I am going to pass on kitbashing this one.

Thats what I thought too. The head looks a little too small. I get he should look intimidating but the scale of the head to the body just isn't working for me. I am going to pass on kitbashing this one.

I see your point and I can respect that. For me, when you place him next to the DX12 Batman, he just didn't look big enough, in fact his arms were shorter than Batman's, and his body overall appeared smaller, and we know from the movie that Bane was significantly larger than him. Plus, I prefer the jacket off look and those seems and the size of his arms just bothered me to no end. But hey, to each his own!

I see your point and I can respect that. For me, when you place him next to the DX12 Batman, he just didn't look big enough, in fact his arms were shorter than Batman's, and his body overall appeared smaller, and we know from the movie that Bane was significantly larger than him. Plus, I prefer the jacket off look and those seems and the size of his arms just bothered me to no end. But hey, to each his own!
It's a decent looking mod. I may have to look for another seamless arm body though and not use the Phicen.

Are you saying the Phicen body still looks small compared to the dx12? Or the original body is smaller?

Looks great to me! To my eye, I can't see any issue with the head looking out of scale with the body. Actually looks better to me than the Hot Toys body. I've always displayed Bane with the shirt on, underneath his vest, because of all the unsightly seems where his arms are articulated. It looks okay that way, and perfectly fine, wearing the coat, but for the vest with no shirt look, I think this looks better than the Hot Toys body. Perhaps the Phicen body is a little larger than would be accurate to the film, but the Hot Toys body is a little too small, I think.

Back