Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great to me! To my eye, I can't see any issue with the head looking out of scale with the body. Actually looks better to me than the Hot Toys body. I've always displayed Bane with the shirt on, underneath his vest, because of all the unsightly seems where his arms are articulated. It looks okay that way, and perfectly fine, wearing the coat, but for the vest with no shirt look, I think this looks better than the Hot Toys body. Perhaps the Phicen body is a little larger than would be accurate to the film, but the Hot Toys body is a little too small, I think.

Totally agree 100% That's exactly why I chose the Phicen. When you think about the comics, Bane looks like the Hulk in comparison to Batman, so the Phicen being a little oversized works great for me.

I also bought an M34 Phicen body to upgrade my Bane - It always bugged the hell out of me that the stock figure wasn't physically capable of doing the character's iconic "boss" pose. After quick shipping from overseas, I got around to finishing the swap yesterday. A real plus was I didn't have to mod anything, other than loosening the stitch that acts as the pants fly "button", because the pants are more snug on the Phicen's legs/butt; however, this is easily reversible, if need be. I have to say, I'm very impressed with the outcome and plan to keep him posed without the jacket/sweater from now on.
20170313_172404.jpg

Haha, yes, his pants could do with some futzing - The M34's legs are far more "swole" than the stock version. I certainly don't mind the trade-off though, as the pants didn't look perfect on the original legs, either :)

That upper body looks good but the new body definitely requires custom pants it appears.

Also looks like the head needs lowering on the neck.

Bane doing his Madame Defarge knitting routine :) Loved that Nolan snuck this little tic in there for him. Maybe a little heady but it's the kind of subtle thing that's painfully lacking in these hamfisted Snyderverse times.

bane_3.2.jpg

bane_2.jpg

bane_3.jpg

bane_1.jpg

Glad to see someone else picked up on that easter egg.

It's these kinds of literary connections - and deeper, thematic explorations - that elevated the Nolan Trilogy from mere good movies to true art. Something that cannot be said about any of the other Batman movies, as enjoyable as they might have been (save for, perhaps to an extant, "Batman Returns").

Back