Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

:goodpost: I agree bane kicked *** in the movie. Only thing I didn't like about the movie was how he died lol.

Yeah that was kinda lame, however not sure you can say for sure his dead, likely yes but not confirmed:lecture

Here are my finished pants on a Kaustic Plastik Body.

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

If any one needs a finished pair shoot me a pm.:peace

Here are my finished pants on a Kaustic Plastik Body.

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

If any one needs a finished pair shoot me a pm.:peace

Can't see the pics. I would love to see them because I'm interested in buying a pair.

Last edited:

Yeah. I can't see them either. :(

Damn kids! Get off my lawn!! I can't wait to get Bane. He will be here tomorrow :yess: Debating on the coat off or on look. I want to display him with the coat off holding the broken cowl like he just kicked Batman's *** but I love the realism without the exposed joints. Will see tomorrow I guess.

I had a lot of trouble getting him to hold the mask

So I just unboxed my Bane...and one of the pipes on his mask was broken (bottom left, on his chin). Seriously, it feels like if I breath on these figures they'll break. There was also some fluffy crap stuck on the broken cowl, and when I took it off it left a tiny chip in the paint. It's hardly noticeable though unless you look right up close in direct light...can always touch it up with flat black paint.

On top of that, I got my second DX12 in as well, as my first one had defects, and guess what? Yep, this one has defects too. Bruce sculpt has a white dot just under his lower lip and a black dot to the left of that. Not sure if there are any other defects, I didn't check the rest of the set. Got p!$$ed off, put the Bruce head back in the box and packed everything up.

On a positive note, Bane does look pretty awesome in hand. I was much more impressed with this than the DX12. Everything looks great. For some reason though these figures seem to suffer from 'no a$$ syndrome'. When I look at them from side-on, it looks like they have no a$$! WTF? Looks really noticeable on Bane as his pants are quite tight, which doesn't really look bad from the front as you can futz them pretty good, but from the side it just looks funny lol.

Got him today, he looks great, even better in hand, I'll post more pics later :)

img6180i.jpg

So I just unboxed my Bane...and one of the pipes on his mask was broken (bottom left, on his chin). Seriously, it feels like if I breath on these figures they'll break. There was also some fluffy crap stuck on the broken cowl, and when I took it off it left a tiny chip in the paint. It's hardly noticeable though unless you look right up close in direct light...can always touch it up with flat black paint.

On top of that, I got my second DX12 in as well, as my first one had defects, and guess what? Yep, this one has defects too. Bruce sculpt has a white dot just under his lower lip and a black dot to the left of that. Not sure if there are any other defects, I didn't check the rest of the set. Got p!$$ed off, put the Bruce head back in the box and packed everything up.

On a positive note, Bane does look pretty awesome in hand. I was much more impressed with this than the DX12. Everything looks great. For some reason though these figures seem to suffer from 'no a$$ syndrome'. When I look at them from side-on, it looks like they have no a$$! WTF? Looks really noticeable on Bane as his pants are quite tight, which doesn't really look bad from the front as you can futz them pretty good, but from the side it just looks funny lol.

Sorry about your other DX12 bud. That's horrible.

Congrats on getting Bane though! :)

Just ordered him off Ebay from a store one state over..got him for $185 shipped...cant wait to get him

Just ordered him off Ebay from a store one state over..got him for $185 shipped...cant wait to get him

Wow. Cheaper than SS. Good find man. Hopefully they don't ship like SS and take 5 days to go over 1 state. :lol

They look good snooks. Did you purposely make around the knee pads a greenish color like in the movie?

Wow, can you copy the link, please? I'm interested with that price

Yes i did,looked at various pics and tried the best i could do.

Well you did good. They look great. I can't wait to get mine!

EDIT: sent you a PM about the pants.

Last edited:

Same.

I don't know how many times I need to post this for people :slap

20121129223937.jpg

20121130152332.jpg

You can get the Boss pose with the new T-800 arms. You just need to swap those for the POS arms Bane comes with and he becomes 100% more bad @$$.

does anybody know which pair of hands do these originally come from?

Sorry about your other DX12 bud. That's horrible.

Congrats on getting Bane though! :)

Thanks man. Just went over the Bruce sculpt before and the white dot ended up rubbing off, but the black dot remained...however I think this is just part of the paint job, not sure. They use random dots on the skin.

I did go over the rest of the set and noticed my scowling face plate had a chip in it on the chin, utility belt has missing bits of paint on the black bit of the buckle and the box is in even worse condition than my first one lol. This box really is hopeless. Not sure what to do with it since Sideshow doesn't have anymore. Do I keep it and get a discount or partial refund from Sideshow, or return for full refund and grab a 3rd one locally? I'm worried about getting a 3rd one and ending up with even more problems :S

Back