Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS??? - Avengers: Hawkeye

what the hell is wrong with his arms? why is there a gap, and why are the joints exposed like that with no attempt to cover it up. Awful.

notsureoh9.jpg

Do you guys really still expect HT to use rubber muscle bodies? Their day is over.

So for the new black widow do you guys want real hair again or the scuplted kind like resident evil alice.

:goodpost::exactly: this is why ive stopped posting in Figure and movie threads. People are just ridiculous with their opinions. I dont know how anyone can say this does not look like Renner, or complain that the "toy's" arms or legs arent humanly accurate. Its a "TOY"!!!! If you want 100% accuracy, call up Renner's agent and see if he can make an appearance in your home wearing his Hawkeye gear!

It also boggles my mind people will spend $200-300-400-500+ on a bloody awful custom made figure that looks nothing like the character, yet you never see thousands of posts complaining about the custom accuracy. Then when Hot Toys puts out a beautiful sculpt like this, we get flooded by haters and they complain the price is too high. I just don't get it.:dunno

If Hot Toys produced some of the customs ive seen, omg this place would explode and they would be going to Japan to burn down the Hot Toys offices.

Customs are great fun, dont get me wrong, i think people who make them hopefully get enjoyment of making them, but its so ridiculous reading about the accuracy complaints of Hot Toys, but you hardly see peeps go to the great lengths to complain about accuracy custom figures. The people who work at Hot Toys are human too. they deserve some respect because they are amazingly talented, true artists!!

Great post! :exactly: :clap :duff

Ordered. $189.99 with free shipping and $9.50 in reward points is good enough for me.

So fury ships in june , Hawkeye in july , who will be up for august.

This looks really good but I do not like how the seams are so noticable with this. This is a one big knock I have with Hot Toys figures. That's why I prefer statues over 12" figures.

hey off topic was renner in BOONDOCK saints?

So for the new black widow do you guys want real hair again or the scuplted kind like resident evil alice.

I would think sculpted hair, I don't think rooted hair looks good with a figure with short hair.

Personally I don't have any complaints other than the headsculpt being a bit off and for now I don't think I will be getting this figure. But I need to see the movie first, I might like him more after that. I have nothing against complaints, they are justified considering the prices of these figures. These aren't 30-70 usd toys people play with.

Edit: Or do people play with them!? :horror

Go watch some P!tu videos, especialy his one with HT Dutch Schaffer.

Some of us ( myself included) do play with them. And take them to the park for photography time.

what the hell is wrong with his arms? why is there a gap, and why are the joints exposed like that with no attempt to cover it up. Awful.

$190 for this? no thanks.

Silly nubcake, HT is done with rubber bodies. :peace

Almost makes me wish I was still collecting Hot Toys.

Almost.

Excellent figure!

Edit - I REFUSE to get back in to collecting Hot Toys...but DAMN that is a great figure!

DEFINITELY SCULPTED.

I'm still working on swapping Widow's mess for sculpted hair off of abbi whistler.

Oh, and also, Just ordered Hawkeye.

I prefer rooted hair for her.

Thors hair is pretty long - I would like to see his hair rooted. It would be strange if his hair was rooted and BWs was not.

You are aware this is pose-able figure and not a statue right?

i call it as i see it, it looks awful with the arms exposed like that, not only joint but gaps too. Detracts from the whole figure, this is not a $50 play arts figure, it's $200, better thought process need to go into covering up those joints.

hot toys always took great care to cover up or at least make it less obvious the joints on their figures, this is the exception.

so all of you :chillpill:

As bad as BW's hair was (I think the problem was that it was a little too much on the orange side)...I thought HT did a great job with rooted hair with their Silk Spectre figure. I really think Hot Toys could pull off the short do with rooted hair on BW V2...but they shouldn't half-ass it if they attempt it.

Back