Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is on the UPS truck heading my way. Should have it Thursday of the next week.

Dude, why are you squeezing the wheel, of course the light will change you are moving the surface closer to the light?

:slap

Yeah dude rewatch the video. The thing doesn't light up unless pressure is applied. Not the other way around. Also an LED on the right side of the bike doesn't light up. Which is the 2nd thing I point out in the video.

A third light also doesn't light up. below the identity disc along the left side of the figure. Hard to see in the video but obvious in person because you can compare it to the right side.

So 3 bad LEDs on the bike.
Figure seems fine but a bit disappointed the lights on the figure are pretty weak.

Last edited:
Received mine from AE via SSC. Haven't had a chance to put it together yet. Can't wait to have it put together and turn the lights on. Here's hoping there's no QC issues with mine.

Drop ship? I ordered a SS item online from a retailer and it was shipped out from the SSC warehouse.
I will receive mine tomorrow, ordered from alteregocomics.

Once upon a time I was tempted by this bike.

But, after seeing raw pics of the bike and hearing from a friend who saw it lit at Forbidden Planet, I can say: thank the gods I passed!

The bike looks like cheap plastic, more along the lines of Hasblow rather than a high-end house like Hot Toys. :slap

It's big, but that's about it.
Apparently the LEDs suffer from multiple hot spots and light bleed. With a 16 month delay, one would expect HT to fix the light piping issues and deliver something truly innovative and special.

This thing looks like a third tier product. Easy pass.

Lately, HT seems more determined to crank out more licenses than push the limits of sixth scale replicas.

A lost opportunity . . . :ohbfrank:

_____

I have so many Items on order and I do love this piece! for those who have it is it really worth the price?

??????

Last edited:
Yeah dude rewatch the video. The thing doesn't light up unless pressure is applied. Not the other way around. Also an LED on the right side of the bike doesn't light up. Which is the 2nd thing I point out in the video.

A third light also doesn't light up. below the identity disc along the left side of the figure. Hard to see in the video but obvious in person because you can compare it to the right side.

So 3 bad LEDs on the bike.
Figure seems fine but a bit disappointed the lights on the figure are pretty weak.

Got mine and had to send it back, the lights on the bike didn't work at all, should get a full replacement this week. Other than that, it's a great looking piece.

You got yours from AE already? What the deuce? Where the hell is mine? :impatient:

Yes, I got it from AE quicker than I expected.

No kidding, how exactly did SSC send it to you if you ordered from AE?

AE will sometimes have SSC send an item directly from SSC when you order from them. Same thing happened when I ordered the Dewback from AE. They had SSC send it directly to me. Took me by surprise when that happened the first time.

Got mine and had to send it back, the lights on the bike didn't work at all, should get a full replacement this week. Other than that, it's a great looking piece.

that's a bit upsetting to hear. One would think that after almost of a year and a half of delay that this would have almost no QC issues. If something goes wrong with mine, I think I'm just going to get my money back or store credit.

AE will sometimes have SSC send an item directly from SSC when you order from them. Same thing happened when I ordered the Dewback from AE. They had SSC send it directly to me. Took me by surprise when that happened the first time.

that's interesting. didn't know they did that. coolbeans

It's sold out now on AE website...I wonder if that's just b/c they sold out of what stock they had got in from the partial shipment

Seriously, now I have to worry about working lights and such? Sigh, and I already wasn't looking forward to having to squeeze that head on...

QC issues should NOT EXIST on something this expensive and this LATE. :(

sorry for you guys who get bad ones. I'm waiting for this thing to crash to about $150 before picking it up...and I love the movie.

If the price on this one drops to $150 I will pick one up as well. But come on Hot Toys what the frig? Even the mass produced impulse projection figures that Spin Master did work great with NO issues. Those were what 25-40 bucks for CLU and Sam. Hot Toys........$300 and they can't get it to work!

Back