Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so too b/c the current interview says nothing about the lightcycle From what I remember

EDIT: nevermind, there's a new interview that's up on HTC that's says exactly what hrambo001 has said

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is a relatively new interview.

One sixth republic posted it today on their blog and on Facebook.

The reason I say this is a new interview is that they indicated that HT has the license for Back to the Future and are working on a Delorean.

They specifically address the 2012 conventions, the Joker DX 2.0, and reconfirm that Green Lantern is cancelled, that the Penguin and Batman from Batman returns will be shown in December and that the first figure from x-men first class will be Professor X.

From the interview it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a new delay--the issues with the electronics could be referring to old problems and a reason for how late it is in general.

That article also mentioned that the Green Lantern figure was seemingly scrapped because of lighting issues. Although a lack of demand, I imagine plays a factor. That makes me wonder what that means for future Tron figures. Granted a Quorra or Clu figure would involve 10 percent of the lighting it sounds like the Green Lantern would have had.

I'm not sure that's true necessarily. The Sam Flynn figure lights up. My guess is whatver the plans with the license were this piece was likely a step toward a lighted articulated figure. The challenges of getting the light cycle out probably had more to do with the figure's lights than the cycle's.

Wish they would scrap the lighting all together and just add reflective material.

Problem solved HT, now give us more TRON figures.

Wish they would scrap the lighting all together and just add reflective material.

Indeed, shoulda done the same thing with GL, the light feature while cool isn't a necessity, if they just can't do it then don't scrap the whole project just do it as best you can without the light feature :lecture

I'm not sure that's true necessarily. The Sam Flynn figure lights up. My guess is whatver the plans with the license were this piece was likely a step toward a lighted articulated figure. The challenges of getting the light cycle out probably had more to do with the figure's lights than the cycle's.

The Sam figure has a different way of lighting up than what they would do with an articulated figure.

Indeed, shoulda done the same thing with GL, the light feature while cool isn't a necessity, if they just can't do it then don't scrap the whole project just do it as best you can without the light feature :lecture

while I agree with you guys that the light feature on articulated figures isn't necessary, I have to feel for HT on this one. Image how many ppl would be all "HT why doesn't it light up? You guys can do it for iron man but not Tron/Green Lantern" but then when it messes up or QC isn't good "HT why didn't you just use reflective material." it's the same with rubber bodies vs joints. It's hard to please both camps.

Look at the Jake Sully Thread. some folks are screaming about the joints, but I bet if those same ppl got the seamless rubber body that they claim they wanted and it cracked on them, they'd turn around and pretend they wanted joints all along and clamour about why HT decided to use their bad rubber instead of using joints.

In these cases, I feel bad for HT which isn't a normal thing for me. Having to try to please both camps can be a pain in the ass

^ i agree they can't please everyone, look at Hulk, many want rubber body and others want a muscle body. Either way some are going to be unhappy.

But i'm of the camp that an un-lighted figure is better than no figure at all, but i think i'm at that position because of the long wait with nothing, if it had come out in good time without lights i too would be saying 'whatup with the no lights?' :lol

^ i agree they can't please everyone, look at Hulk, many want rubber body and others want a muscle body. Either way some are going to be unhappy.

But i'm of the camp that an un-lighted figure is better than no figure at all, but i think i'm at that position because of the long wait with nothing, if it had come out in good time without lights i too would be saying 'whatup with the no lights?' :lol

totally agree there. early on I wanted lights no doubt but once the delays started coming in months after months I was just like give me the damn figure already. give me articulated figures with how medi did the Daft Punk Tron figures and I'll be cool with that. just give me Quorra!!! :lol

And as cool as the light up features would be, how often would we actually use them. With a reflective material they would seem lit at different times, that would be a lot better, IMO.

However, I really don't care how they do it, I just want more figures.

I'm sure most people have probably read through the One Sixth Republic interview with Howard.

One of the questions is about the light cycle:

Why the delay on the 1/6th scale Ligh-up function vehicle: Tron:Legacy - Light Cycle & Sam Flynn?

The answer was this There is a complication on the elctricity of the cycle. We are working hard on it and it will be ready soon

Does this mean that even though they teased that we would be getting this soon, there's another delay??

Next year probably...........:thud:

The problem with the light-up feature (and will be on the bike too) is that these designs don't look that great when they aren't lit up. I mean, I love the look of the film, but you're just going to see black and more black most of the time. I realized this with the Spinmasters toys. They had sections that were painted, too. So that helped. But if it's just lights and black plastic then when it's not lit they aren't going to be that impressive on the shelf.

Last edited:
I agree. I had no interest in the Green Lantern figure but I was surprised they planned the figure to be lit. It seems like overkill to me. I have Iron Man figures from HT that look really cool when lit but I rarely turn them on.
I do believe at one point HT explored the possibilities of the Tron line and it was possible there are prototypes that have been worked on. I'm really hoping Tron: Uprising lights a fire under the franchise.

The problem with the light-up feature (and will be on the bike too) is that these designs don't look that great when they aren't lit up. I mean, I love the look of the film, but you're just going to see black and more black most of the time. I realized this with the Trendmasters toys. They had sections that were painted, too. So that helped. But if it's just lights and black plastic then when it's not lit they aren't going to be that impressive on the shelf.

Very good point!!!!!!!!!:goodpost:

Back