Help! I can't think of the name of a movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

just me
Reaction score
Mommy-brain has struck again - I have been trying to think of the name of this movie for 2 weeks now and can't for the life of me remember!

It's based on a novel. It's told from the viewpoint of a young white boy in South Africa. Apartheid. Boxing? (maybe??) I believe it was made in the 80s?

Anyone? :confused: :eek:

oh dang...we must think alot alike. We almost answered at the same time.

:lol I actually just drank some Smirnoff and friends are coming over to drink some Blue label :rock just waiting for their sorry assessessesssesss

:lol :rock

Thanks guys - I knew I could count on you! Now I can sleep again.

(And I swear, I totally remembered RIGHT BEFORE I looked at your answer... funny how that happens :eek:)

Steven Dorf was a guy with a lot of potential. He was great as Stuart Sutcliffe in Backbeat.

What even happened to him?

And is there boxing in it, or was I just making that up? :confused:

Yeah there be boxing in it. I really don't remember much about the movie, but I knew which movie you meant, and the boxing clue just tied it all together nicely. The young white kid is bullied throughout his life at boarding school then meets up with a champion boxer at one point.

Back