HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...]This whole change and the destruction of the kingdom and the look on Jon’s face leads us to believe he realizes he has made a huge mistake.

Jon's been Ned Starkin' it for a while. This show has been telling us from Season 1 that those bumpkins in the North may be likeable but most of them just aren't that smart.

As does Tyrion for that matter.

Unlike Varys, who was made unrealistically stupid this season, Tyrion is a victim of his own conceit. Feeling insecure and marginalized his entire life, he defines himself through an inflated sense of his own intellectual superiority, which leads him into ever deeper trouble. He's probably going to be a Scooby Snack for Dany's favourite pet, and well-earned.

I’m really looking forward to the finale now since I think Jon is going to have to make a very hard decision in that he will have to somehow destroy the person he loves and likely die in doing so as well. I also think Bran will help by taking possession of the dragon’s mind and using him to burn Dany’s Armies.

As much as I can’t stomach Sansa, she was right all along and has truly learned over the years.

As the old saying goes, “you know nothing Jon Snow “ but damnit you better start!!!

I think it's a given that Jon is toast. I was wondering about how to handle the now nearly indestructible Drogon and forgot about Bran. Dragons are supposed to be highly intelligent, magical creatures so I can't imagine it would be easy or even possible, but outside of someone getting a lucky shot on that beast, Dany or not, that thing is a major problem.

In ep4, it was convenient for dragons to be super easy to kill.

In ep5, it was more convenient for them to be indestructable.

For ep6, they need to be super easy to kill again, so likely someone will just kill the dragon with their sword or something.

In ep4, it was convenient for dragons to be super easy to kill.

In ep5, it was more convenient for them to be indestructable.

For ep6, they need to be super easy to kill again, so likely someone will just kill the dragon with their sword or something.
She was prepared and used a strategy to avoid killing her dragons, what's so hard to understand?

Didn't know about the scorpions the first time, now she does.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

She was prepared and used a strategy to avoid killing her dragons, what's so hard to understand?

Didn't know about the scorpions the first time, now she does.

She knew from the battle with the Lannisters, when Bronn used the first scorpion against her.

She knew from the battle with the Lannisters, when Bronn used the first scorpion against her.
Did a scorpion bolt hit a Dragon in that battle? Can't remember. Perhaps she didn't realize how deadly they are. I feel like the scorpion didn't even get used in that battle.

The final shot is going to show Jon Snow being the man he always dreamed of being - a bearded lumberjack looking out the window.

Go-T-seasons-quality.jpg

Did a scorpion bolt hit a Dragon in that battle? Can't remember. Perhaps she didn't realize how deadly they are. I feel like the scorpion didn't even get used in that battle.

It was used and the dragon was hit albeit only a flesh wound so she would have been all to aware of there capabilities, although those capabilities seemed to be negligent in this episode and went from an extremely efficient pinpoint accurate long range weapon to "can't hit a barn door with a banjo" weapon.

It was used and the dragon was hit albeit only a flesh wound so she would have been all to aware of there capabilities, although those capabilities seemed to be negligent in this episode and went from an extremely efficient pinpoint accurate long range weapon to "can't hit a barn door with a banjo" weapon.
I don't agree. She flew with the sun directly behind her to fight the ships, and then proceeded to take out the other scorpions from behind or the sides. before the direction could be adjusted. These aren't crossbows, they can't be moved that quickly.

Last week people in this board complained "why didn't she fly from overhead or behind and destroy them from there"?

Next week she does exactly that, people on this board still complain.

I swear to God. You guys just can't enjoy anything.

Anyone remember ROME season 2? Such a great show but when HBO decided to pull the plug on it they had to rush out their story and the writing really suffered as a result. GoT, same thing.

That being said, I have enjoyed this season despite all it myriad weaknesses.

I don't agree. She flew with the sun directly behind her to fight the ships, and then proceeded to take out the other scorpions from behind or the sides. before the direction could be adjusted. These aren't crossbows, they can't be moved that quickly.

Last week people in this board complained "why didn't she fly from overhead or behind and destroy them from there"?

Next week she does exactly that, people on this board still complain.

I swear to God. You guys just can't enjoy anything.

Yes but that's kind of the whole point she could have done it last week but didn't, I assumed the whole point of killing the dragon so easily was to negate it's effectiveness in the coming battle to concentrate on the army's/tactics etc but that proved to be false. It's the glaring inconsistency's that get annoying.

And when I watch the dragon single handedly destroying the whole city I do wonder why the night king, even though it was 2 to 1 odds, didn't/couldn't have seriously damaged Winterfell a couple of weeks ago and killed just about everyone that mattered.

There's so much that just defy s any kind of logic weird incomprehensible battle tactics and character actions the whole thing seems so forced and just doesn't flow.

That was pretty good.

Great article.

Except for the author's main and final point: that Dani kills everyone that doesn't bend the knee. Well, the show is called "The Bells" -- and when the bells ring, that means everyone surrenders. In a sense, they all 'bend the knee' to her. And only then does Dani do the unthinkable.

If she started her murderous rampage from the beginning, then the author's argument might make sense... but she waited. She waited for submission, and then killed. That's something new for her character. She has forgotten forgiveness.

The only reason for Dani to destroy that which she covets most, would be if someone else was going to take it from her. If Jon was going to take the throne from her -- and she knew it -- then it would make sense for her to destroy all the toys so no one else can play. The writer's should have made it more clear that Jon was going to be heralded as the great leader -- they could have easily done that in the streets upon surrender -- people could have started to cheer Jon's name having already heard of "the legend". That chanting could have echoed to Dani on her dragon... made her angry, seething angry... he'll take it all from her!!! And then she snapped!

Last edited:
Remember when Dany was distraught when that itinerant farmer across the sea had his little girl killed by her dragons?

5D0C9475-546E-4083-85BA-24F9636534A3.jpeg

Mmmyeah.....about that...
Didnt Tyrion tell a story in the 2nd or 3rd season to Bronn about his father and Jaime conspiring to fool Tyrion into sleeping with and falling in love with a whore they hired whom he thought he saved from being raped and that he almost married? Bronn said he would’ve killed someone who did that to him but I guess Tyrion thought it was, what? Brotherly hi jinx?

But yeah I guess other than that they did seem to be there for one another.

Back