HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91572846-CE8F-4A06-A0E7-147D8D8DCCE8.jpeg5F09E559-CD49-44B1-998A-148DA57AB40F.jpegBDDE84C6-528A-49BB-9EA4-8B8259D5B35E.jpeg7A21CB41-879F-444F-A046-E512939D24AC.jpeg

If Tywin had lived to the final season:
6C0D0E7E-0139-4E50-9C2F-4D5D52C146CD.jpeg

The two styles of leadership in Westeros:
6594E163-410F-42EF-B8A0-E6BFB7607A2E.jpeg

07E7BC1F-6ADB-4115-B945-B20262505C3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Wasn't gonna even bother watching Sunday's episode till next week and watch the last 2 together since so far for me the final season has been nothing but underwhelming. But a friend told me it was really good, so I bit and watched it last night....

And it sucked ass. Bastard was toying with me. :lol He just wanted to talk about how bad it was with someone.

What a **** storm this season became. I was ready to eventually buy the whole series on bluray when released as a boxset to watch again, but **** that. I'll never watch this crap again. I agree with pretty much all the displeasure here. No need to add much. I think the worst fail and letdown was Cersei needed to have an epic death. Worthy of all the evil she's done. Instead we see her sob and beg to live, then die with the only person that ever loved her under a pile of rubble... What a waste for what should've been an epic conclusion to her story. Instead, another crafty devious individual who became dumb in the final battle. No plan?? She just stood there and watched? She never gave a damn about the people anyway. And then it's like the writers tried to give her a heartfelt death and make you feel sad for her... Really?!!? Just awful.. Rushed ending without a doubt.

Cersei and Jamies death is a metaphor for the whole show. Sums up the writers feelings. 7 season of mostly great storytelling, only then to be told to wrap it up in 6 episodes. They went down into the basement to escape, only to be blocked in, then gave up and just died.

In no way could the final episode possibly make up for so much disappointment.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". If only Jon would've banged Danni all that pointless death could've been avoided. I hope he realized it's his fault because he rejected her. He should commit suicide. And the thought of Sansa riding off into the sunset irks me too. She's almost as bad as Cersi.

**** this show...:mad:

That stupid ending tho

Death rides on a pale horse. Look at us and our symbolism . Derrrrr

The Hollywood Reporter:
Headey's evil Queen Cersei was hardly featured in Season 8 before her demise in Episode 5, but that didn't affect her pay at all. In fact, her salary per minute of screen time is stunning.

Season 8 has a total running time of 432 minutes and Headey has only appeared in about 25 minutes of it across three episodes.
Her salary for the final season was reportedly around $1.2 million per episode along with the other four lead actors.

...and somewhere Robert Downey Jr is laughing.

If Drogon does die, I literally cannot wait to see what they come up with to kill him. Based on this seasons writing Bran wargs him and he eats Daenerys. If he lives and sees his mother die I think the immediate vicinity is going to be ash.

If Drogon does die, I literally cannot wait to see what they come up with to kill him. Based on this seasons writing Bran wargs him and he eats Daenerys. If he lives and sees his mother die I think the immediate vicinity is going to be ash.

I predicted something like this will happen. :lecture

Only 5 days to go...…

Found something else cool.....

g-got.jpg

How much are Benioff and Weiss beng paid?
I don't know what their role has been since day 1, but if they developed these books for TV, then they deserve a major pay day for that, and for having the good sense to follow the spirit of the books for what Martin provided to them.

But like Zach Snyder before them, those guys should leave the story development to the professionals, and just interpret existing stories instead of trying to do something original. This season has been pretty brutal, though some pieces (like the aforementioned goodbye between Tyrion and Jaimie) have been good to very good IMO. The beats they are hitting make some sense, but the show isn't doing a good job of bringing us from point A to point B. Dany's move last episode felt very rushed and forced, Jaimie's decision to go to King's Landing didn't make a lot of sense in context, Tyrion has seemed like a total fool for awhile now (getting played like a fiddle by Sansa???), the deal with the Hound and Arya was way too sentimental, Jon's behavior isn't particularly heroic re: Varys's death and how he responded to the carnage in King's Landing, Cersei's death portrayed her as a much more sympathetic character than she actually was, Euron's behavior toward Jaimie made zero sense, the "good guy" army turned into rapists and murderers way too quickly, etc. I guess it's easy to be a critic, but I've loved this show up until this season. Seems to have gone pretty far off the rails, and I also fail to see how they could right the ship with one remaining episode. I did like the interaction between the Hound and the Mountain. Gray Worm's behavior makes total sense, given what happened in the prior episode. Though he didn't do too much, Davos still seems like himself, though he disappeared once the action started up in King's Landing. And the action and special effects are all good. But on balance? Not great.

I'm not even against the show ending on a down note, suggesting that humanity is inherently brutish and hateful, and that the White Walkers may have been preferable to the alternative. But tell me this in a compelling way, please.

The Golden Company sure was a waste. :lol

Anyway, now that Dani has torched her own possible standing army, she won't be much of a match when Sansa comes riding into to town with the Vale and Iron Islands armies and everyone else at her side. She's been making friends while Dani's been making enemies.

That stupid ending tho

Death rides on a pale horse. Look at us and our symbolism . Derrrrr

Weeeeeelllllll........

It might be more than symbolism.
What if she is dead and that was her death scene?
There was a very dream like quality to the sequence, there was no other action or individuals in that scene where as just few moments before the streets were filled in panic. It could be seen as her riding into the afterlife with her list complete. It’s the exact same horse that the leader of the Golden Co. was riding right up until Drogon made his entrance. The camera even lingered on the horses body. So far Jon has been reluctant to confront Dany about her actions. But what if he discovers Aryas body in the carnage? He didn’t know she was there did he? Wouldn’t that send him over the edge to take the action they need to wrap the series?
We may have all witnessed another characters death but won’t realize it until next weeks episode.
giphy.gif

3FF710CB-5F0B-4878-A7B2-34540DE52724.jpg

Last edited:
Back