Having trouble with BBTS customer service

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would ask again just for a refund and refund. Legally they can't deny a refund for a manufacturer defect.

Maybe ill send another email to them asking for a refund. I prefer a smooth resolution I dont like the thought of a credit card dispute.

That's what i recommend. Could be she got confused. I'd say something like I "I am requesting a return and full refund. I understand this isn't an issue you can/will offer a replacement with, but in my eyes this is a manufacturer defect and does not meet my level of quality." Something along those lines.

There's just something's they can't replace and starting asking for that, it could becafter a few messages she just totally forgot about a refund and return and got it stuck in her head you where trying to get a partial refund or something else. I don't order a ton from BBTS but after 10 years if I where you I would chalk this one up to miscommunication and business. I bet they will refund eventually.

That's what i recommend. Could be she got confused. I'd say something like I "I am requesting a return and full refund. I understand this isn't an issue you can/will offer a replacement with, but in my eyes this is a manufacturer defect and does not meet my level of quality." Something along those lines.

There's just something's they can't replace and starting asking for that, it could becafter a few messages she just totally forgot about a refund and return and got it stuck in her head you where trying to get a partial refund or something else. I don't order a ton from BBTS but after 10 years if I where you I would chalk this one up to miscommunication and business. I bet they will refund eventually.

Yeah, I'd copy and paste motu's suggestion.

I hope there's nothing wrong with my cap from them.. I'm still waiting for them to get in the last two figuarts turtles before I ship everything.

Yeah, I'd copy and paste motu's suggestion.

I hope there's nothing wrong with my cap from them.. I'm still waiting for them to get in the last two figuarts turtles before I ship everything.

I sent a final email requesting a refund, after that I have the credit card dispute and if that doesn't go through I guess I go the BBTS way and sell it. Not a big deal for only $230 but I had to take some action.

Last edited:
I had to deal with their CS this week for a broken strap on my Armored Batman. After sending a pic they sent a replacement part no fuss.

I had to deal with their CS this week for a broken strap on my Armored Batman. After sending a pic they sent a replacement part no fuss.

I used to have great CS like this but was stonewalled this time. I was a big supporter of BBTS.

Maybe you should send their CS a link to this thread... as I read it all I keep thinking about is what angels the sideshow customer service team are and know that as a consumer who is very protective over how he is treated when spending lots of money I will definitely be avoiding them any time sideshow is available as an alternative...if they can do this to you what stops them from doing it to me...?

Maybe you should send their CS a link to this thread... as I read it all I keep thinking about is what angels the sideshow customer service team are and know that as a consumer who is very protective over how he is treated when spending lots of money I will definitely be avoiding them any time sideshow is available as an alternative...if they can do this to you what stops them from doing it to me...?

I've been stonewalled by Sideshow over replacements. They'll come for you next.

Smiling assassins who tell you, "they're all like that" right before you happen upon a post by a fellow freak who's just commented that they've scored a replacement from Sideshow for a part that was in exactly the same condition as yours.

SSC hasnt given a problem yet I just dont use them because I have to pay sales tax. I wish they were in another state.

Ditto. Am sure there's lots of scams BBTS deals with. But, watching this thread w. interest re having a first time PO w. BBTS, based on folks saying how great they are and double packing etc. But defects/missing parts happen. Dropping 200$ + on a fig/poly isn't cheap, folks have every right to expect they get something they're happy with. If a customer is being persistent w. an issue, it says there's a real problem IMO.

Wouldn't bother me to open a CC dispute if needed. A store giving me a hard time over an issue loses my business as would someone telling me to "just resell". Don't stores send defective/unsold merchandise back to the company anyway? Or just write off exchanges? And I know Sideshow has complaints, but the one time I had to deal with them, they were great. Not saying BBTS can't be, but this thread has me wondering. If "reselling" is no problem, then BBTS ought to just give full refund and let THEM resell.

Coming from someone who is unhealthily picky about stuff like this, I honestly think the issue is very borderline for allowing a replacement.

For me - everyone has tolerance levels - it's a non-fixable flaw/defect. E.g., seeing this in store, would I buy this one without a discount? No, unless I was desperate. Doesn't really "ruin" the fig, but IMO it's an obvious defect and needs to be discounted/exchanged/refunded IMO. After all, these figs are about the costumes as well as the sculpts/body. Hate this stuff from stores using lines like "individual variations". A bad paint job/bad stitching is a defect. For me, it's not like an "acceptable" dinged box or something that needs a re-glue.

Coming from someone who is unhealthily picky about stuff like this, I honestly think the issue is very borderline for allowing a replacement. I would be interested in knowing how many returns/replacements you've done the past couple years and out of how many orders, that may be what is stopping them from another exchange. I do think they should allow you to return it though, no question. I can see from your writing style how a CS rep may have been confused about your desire to just finally return it (and I certainly don't mean that as an insult at all).

I almost always notice something small on my figures when I first open them, like how misaligned the chest armor on my HT Boba Fett is, but after a couple weeks I'm usually not bothered. For this, if it were me, I might try to order a parted out chest section of the suit, and you could always sell off the one you have. Again, I almost did that with my Fett but realized that almost all of them were made with wonky armor plates.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ditto. Am sure there's lots of scams BBTS deals with. But, watching this thread w. interest re having a first time PO w. BBTS, based on folks saying how great they are and double packing etc. But defects/missing parts happen. Dropping 200$ + on a fig/poly isn't cheap, folks have every right to expect they get something they're happy with. If a customer is being persistent w. an issue, it says there's a real problem IMO.

Wouldn't bother me to open a CC dispute if needed. A store giving me a hard time over an issue loses my business as would someone telling me to "just resell". Don't stores send defective/unsold merchandise back to the company anyway? Or just write off exchanges? And I know Sideshow has complaints, but the one time I had to deal with them, they were great. Not saying BBTS can't be, but this thread has me wondering. If "reselling" is no problem, then BBTS ought to just give full refund and let THEM resell.

For me - everyone has tolerance levels - it's a non-fixable flaw/defect. E.g., seeing this in store, would I buy this one without a discount? No, unless I was desperate. Doesn't really "ruin" the fig, but IMO it's an obvious defect and needs to be discounted/exchanged/refunded IMO. After all, these figs are about the costumes as well as the sculpts/body. Hate this stuff from stores using lines like "individual variations". A bad paint job/bad stitching is a defect. For me, it's not like an "acceptable" dinged box or something that needs a re-glue.

No, not every return is sent back to the manufacturer and no they are not all write offs.

As for this instance specifically bbts has essentially said that they can not, due to manufacture instructions on how to handle and what is covered, offer a replacement.

I understand if they are following SSC instructions I just wish I knew that before I purchased I would have just went through SSC to begin with. As mentioned before Ive had HT replacements from BBTS before so there was no reason for think otherwise this time.

The least that they could do is offer a store credit for a future purchase...knowing that your next Civil War figure would be $30-$40 cheaper may make this defect a bit easier to live with and guarantee that you buy the next one from them to use your credit...that is what a sensible business would do. That would play a lot better in my opinion than losing a long time customer with an unsympathetic and condescending response to a genuine concern.

The least that they could do is offer a store credit for a future purchase...knowing that your next Civil War figure would be $30-$40 cheaper may make this defect a bit easier to live with and guarantee that you buy the next one from them to use your credit...that is what a sensible business would do. That would play a lot better in my opinion than losing a long time customer with an unsympathetic and condescending response to a genuine concern.

Not if their HT distributor tells them otherwise, unfortunately.. which seems to be the case.

Back