Having trouble with BBTS customer service

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if their HT distributor tells them otherwise, unfortunately.. which seems to be the case.

I cannot see how Hot Toys could have any control over coupons or promotional store credits that BBTS or any other retailer chooses to offer their customers...BBTS would be eating the cost...not sure that it would be any of Hot Toys' business...

I cannot see how Hot Toys could have any control over coupons or promotional store credits that BBTS or any other retailer chooses to offer their customers...BBTS would be eating the cost...not sure that it would be any of Hot Toys' business...

No, not HT. SSC. They distribute HT to all the US based stores, and they are the ones eating the cost of returns.

I can say that I'll still be ordering some things from BBTS. I still think their service is more good than it is bad.

My standards are high, but I know that nothing in this world is free, so, if I had this figure I'd probably contact BBTS to see if anything could be done about it. If not, it's something I think I'd be able to live with.

I been ordering from them for since 2008....their customer service been sucking lately...so I stop buying from them.

I been ordering from them for since 2008....their customer service been sucking lately...so I stop buying from them.

I wonder why that is.

Like I said, my most recent problem (ultron prime's glitchy light).. Everything went smoothly.

I wonder if people are taking advantage of them in some way?

No, not HT. SSC. They distribute HT to all the US based stores, and they are the ones eating the cost of returns.

My original point was not that they should offer a return or refund but offer a compensatory store credit of a smaller monetary amount to make up for the minor damage to the figure. I think the same point would still apply. Sideshow does not care if BBTS offers its own customers promotional credits out of their own pockets as a form of customer service / customer retention...it would still be coming out of BBTS own pocket and not affect their distributor's bottom line in anyway...the distributor has no say in a retailer's decision to issue its own internal gift cards per se.

My original point was not that they should offer a return or refund but offer a compensatory store credit of a smaller monetary amount to make up for the minor damage to the figure. I think the same point would still apply. Sideshow does not care if BBTS offers its own customers promotional credits out of their own pockets as a form of customer service / customer retention...it would still be coming out of BBTS own pocket and not affect their distributor's bottom line in anyway...the distributor has no say in a retailer's decision to issue its own internal gift cards per se.

Agree. However BBTS may end up eating a store credit, IMO any business has to factor in "issues". Not worth losing a long term customer over a 10-30% credit + social media where new customers like me start getting uneasy hearing about this kind of thing. There's an old saying about lose 1 customer, you lose 200.

Agree. However BBTS may end up eating a store credit, IMO any business has to factor in "issues". Not worth losing a long term customer over a 10-30% credit + social media where new customers like me start getting uneasy hearing about this kind of thing. There's an old saying about lose 1 customer, you lose 200.

Agreed. But then again we don't know the specifics. Again, this is not towards the original OP, as I don't know his situation. But if there is a history with a customer being picky, and just returning stuff based on issues BBTS doesn't see as a real problem, maybe it's worth it in the end, to them, not to deal with that customer anymore.

SSC does it, amazon does it. I'm sure it's how it is.

Any way to contact management? Maybe return email with a link to this thread. One HT figure is surely not worth bad press, losing a 10 year customer, or being a poor retailer in general, especially if nothing is "wrong" with the figure as the email claims.

I only buy things like 1/12 and Transformers from them, was actually looking at the Good Smile Turtle set last night on their site, but never pulled the trigger on any major collectibles preferring SSC directly or getting it from boardies, but have been considering using them more since they've done well on the smaller sale items I've gotten, but honestly, hearing that they can't take care of such a minor matter, definitely makes me not want to buy a $400 statuette set from them and I'll definitely never get a HT from them.

This^ I ordered a Hot Toys product from them once cause they had it a couple bucks cheaper then SS , but seeing how poorly they are handling this guys defective product will make me not order high end (or maybe anything) products from BBTS again. Sideshow I think would have fixed this quickly I feel. I have asked them in the past about bad paint applications or broken products if I order from them and the CS people at SS have always said they will stand by their products and fix any issues of that sort.
:goodpost:

I understand if they are following SSC instructions I just wish I knew that before I purchased I would have just went through SSC to begin with. As mentioned before Ive had HT replacements from BBTS before so there was no reason for think otherwise this time.

How many returns are you talking about?

I would really like to know how sideshow would've handled this situation.

They'd have said exactly the same thing. This is an incredibly minor defect.

They would have likely accepted a return though, with return shipping picked up by the buyer - but I'd have to guess that BBTS are similarly obligated.

How many returns are you talking about?
Honestly I don't know. I've been buying for almost 10 years from Transformers, MOTUC, Hot Toys, DCUC. I really couldn't say but I estimate from the past couple of years maybe 3-4 times.

I would really like to know how sideshow would've handled this situation.

Im guessing SSC is more lenient as they probably buy HT for pretty cheap and maybe gets credit for damaged items? Maybe BBTS has to absorb more of the cost of returns/refunds than SSC or maybe as someone suggested I'm just picky and they see me as a problem customer and rather sever ties with me as her suggestions were not the actions of someone trying to keep a customer happy.

Bbts has its hot toys replacement program dictated by ssc. Bbts said no because ssc said it's not an issue they recognize as a defect, or because it's an issue so common they could not offer a replacement without it. Ssc may have offered some type of 25 dollar future use coupon or something as that is an issue each company can handle however as far as any replacement ssc dictates to any retailer it supplies (any authorized hot toys seller in NA, some in Europe, Australia ect) what issues qualify for replacement. It would have been no different at ssc in that regard.

They'd have said exactly the same thing. This is an incredibly minor defect.

They would have likely accepted a return though, with return shipping picked up by the buyer - but I'd have to guess that BBTS are similarly obligated.

That's what I figured.

Yeah, I don't think I could ask for an exchange with a problem so minor.

What is unusual is BBTS not even accepting a return. They don't mention it in their CS policy either.

Yeah, that is pretty strange.

I can understand that they don't feel a replacement is warranted, but not accepting a return is odd.

Oh well, I think this instance is a rarity. I wouldn't stop ordering from them because of it.

I always get nervous about possible defects when ordering online.. But it takes a big defect for me to actually go through with an exchange. But as I've said before, I understand there are also people who have higher standards (rightly so).

Hopefully Bjjer is able to get some kind of compensation or resolution.

What is unusual is BBTS not even accepting a return. They don't mention it in their CS policy either.

Good point here, you can argue that their public policy on their website says that they'll offer a "refund or replacement" within 30 days due to manufacturer defect and that if there is a separate policy for Hot Toys items, then they should post that on their website so everyone knows.

It's quite possible they have a "file" on all your returns/replacements, and if they weren't able to recoup their losses on your previous returns, then they're just keeping an eye out on you unfortunately.

If you can talk to them on the phone, that's ideal - I'm a phone guy and always am usually ultra-polite and respectful...goes a long way in getting what you want.

Good point here, you can argue that their public policy on their website says that they'll offer a "refund or replacement" within 30 days due to manufacturer defect and that if there is a separate policy for Hot Toys items, then they should post that on their website so everyone knows.

It's quite possible they have a "file" on all your returns/replacements, and if they weren't able to recoup their losses on your previous returns, then they're just keeping an eye out on you unfortunately.

If you can talk to them on the phone, that's ideal - I'm a phone guy and always am usually ultra-polite and respectful...goes a long way in getting what you want.

Its entirely possible Im more trouble than Im worth as I was treated pretty rudely like they wanted me not to return. Good thing I found a few other websites I could buy from, PlasticUnderground on Ebay has been pretty good the couple times I bought from them and SSC themselves with the state sales tax. I'm sure Ill "survive" without BBTS.

Back