Having trouble with BBTS customer service

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think what they said was that rude. May not be what you wanted to hear, but I don't see that as rude. Especially if it was after a few back and forth emails.

I don't think what they said was that rude. May not be what you wanted to hear, but I don't see that as rude. Especially if it was after a few back and forth emails.

I took it as rude when they told me to sell it. Probably not the best thing to say to a customer, one I've never heard from anyone in CS and something i wouldn't say to a customer(and I worked CS). maybe you and I have different rudeness tolerance.

I took it as rude when they told me to sell it. Probably not the best thing to say to a customer, one I've never heard from anyone in CS and something i wouldn't say to a customer(and I worked CS). maybe you and I have different rudeness tolerance.

Well.. You could always be a tool.. Order a second one from them and then put the defective version in that box, repackage and return it for a refund.

But I don't think you'd want to stoop that low lol.

Well.. You could always be a tool.. Order a second one from them and then put the defective version in that box, repackage and return it for a refund.

But I don't think you'd want to stoop that low lol.

No I wont do that plus the package needs to be sealed for a refund. ill sell at a loss before I do any shenannigans.

I think it was rude, myself. It's a brush-off and that's putting it too politely IMO. And true that different folks have different tolerance levels, but from your pic the fabric got frayed either during manufacture or packing or poor stitching (I'm thinking of the WS fig where there were a few complaints where the jacket arm sleeve gave way when the arm was bent - something like that is fixable but not if the edge of the fabric frays)

BBTS is in the business of selling COLLECTIBLES and at least some collectors are gonna want perfection for their collection$$$. Or at least getting what the proto looks like without fabric issues, loose joints, and other non-tweakable stuff.

Yep, I'd write off BBTS myself if I were treated like this. If they don't care, why should you? IMO paying a few extra bucks elsewhere in the future is worth not having the aggravation - after all, it's mail order. It's not like you can check stuff and a lot of us don't have a local comic shop.

Update:BBTS sent me a label for a refund. I've gotten defects on figures before and if its fixable I fix it but stuff like fraying cloth and paint defects I cant fix and these arent cheap so I felt kinda bad about it. Im glad they ultimately took care of it.

No...yeah...it was pretty rude...the guy obviously knows that he can sell it...or even throw it out the window if he wants to...telling him that he can sell it if he is not happy is just blatantly rude...would it be okay to order a steak at a restaurant that is undercooked and have the server tell you that if you are not happy you can take it home and serve it to someone who prefers their steak rare? Yep...that was pretty out of line of them. Luckily they fixed it so I can quell my righteous indignation.

I believe the op already had initiated a charge back with his cc company so that is the only reason they decided to let him return it other wise the cc company would have taken the money from them and not gotten the figure returned if they would have denied the return after the cc company contacted them on the charge back.

I believe the op already had initiated a charge back with his cc company so that is the only reason they decided to let him return it other wise the cc company would have taken the money from them and not gotten the figure returned if they would have denied the return after the cc company contacted them on the charge back.
Is that what happens? I've never disputed through my CC before I thought(or hoping) they would persuade them to take the return and I would send it back. So it wasn't a change of heart?

Is that what happens? I've never disputed through my CC before I thought(or hoping) they would persuade them to take the return and I would send it back. So it wasn't a change of heart?

Yeah, probably - if you initiated a CC dispute and your CC company agrees w. you, you keep your money and the fig. So it was a change of heart, sort of, but only because you refused to drop the issue. Good for you. Plus, I think with a charge-back your credit company charges the vendor a fee for taking your money back - transfer fee - I think I read that someplace.:cuckoo:

At least you didn't have to go through the BS of someone telling you to send it back, and it would be "evaluated" etc.:mad:

They've been real ****** with me the last few replacements I've tried to get with them and basically told me to suck it up. I'm done buying 1/6 from them entirely due to this.

I am sure that BBTS may feel like they are he victims here because those darn 1/6 scale figure collectors are just too finicky and obsessed with unimportant details...if that is the case I would recommend that they stick to selling children's action figures from Hasbro and Mattel because my 5 year old and 3 year old don't sweat the details on their toys but it also helps that their toys don't cost $250 dollars a piece either.

Back