Having trouble with BBTS customer service

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjjer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anybody deal with BBTS lately regarding a replacement. Bought a ht Cap from them, came damaged and they don't want to replace it just giving me wordy responses telling me too bad. Is this a policy shift, has anybody else have trouble with replacements? I always had great BBTS CS but hit a brick wall this time.

Anybody deal with BBTS lately regarding a replacement. Bought a ht Cap from them, came damaged and they don't want to replace it just giving me wordy responses telling me too bad. Is this a policy shift, has anybody else have trouble with replacements? I always had great BBTS CS but hit a brick wall this time.

What's wrong with the figure?

No problems with their CS whatsoever. Then again, I don't remember the last instance in which I needed assistance.

The chest light on my ultron prime wouldn't stay lit unless I physically put pressure on the batteries with my hand. I related that to BBTS, they told me to put different batteries in, I had already tried that.. So, they told me to send it back (shipping on them) and they replaced it.

I had fraying issues on my Cap and they told me it was manufacturing variance. I did just finish up my conversation with her she basically told me to sell it if I didn't find it to my satisfaction. Sucks because I bought from them instead of SS because of sales tax now I gotta go elsewhere. Any other websites comparable to BBTS as I can't buy from them anymore?

I had fraying issues on my Cap and they told me it was manufacturing variance. I did just finish up my conversation with her she basically told me to sell it if I didn't find it to my satisfaction. Sucks because I bought from them instead of SS because of sales tax now I gotta go elsewhere. Any other websites comparable to BBTS as I can't buy from them anymore?

That's probably what SSC tells them to say on their distributed products? IDK man, there's nothing but praise when it comes to their CS all over the Transformers forums i go to.

Is this your first instance contacting them about defects on anything?

That's probably what SSC tells them to say on their distributed products? IDK man, there's nothing but praise when it comes to their CS all over the Transformers forums i go to.

Is this your first instance contacting them about defects on anything?
I've been buying from them for 10 years so I've had to replace a few items over the years. Maybe I reached their threshold for returns? I had nothing but praise for BBTS before this also which is why their lack of CS confused me.
This was her last email to me telling me to sell it

As the article in reference is not able to be considered defective, you are welcome to outsource the figure you have received if you do not feel it is sufficient for your collection. Moving forward, feel free to contact Customer Service any time you have concerns regarding items you have received from BBTS as we are always happy to assist you to the best of our capability with individual circumstances that may arise.

I've been buying from them for 10 years

Any way to contact management? Maybe return email with a link to this thread. One HT figure is surely not worth bad press, losing a 10 year customer, or being a poor retailer in general, especially if nothing is "wrong" with the figure as the email claims.

I only buy things like 1/12 and Transformers from them, was actually looking at the Good Smile Turtle set last night on their site, but never pulled the trigger on any major collectibles preferring SSC directly or getting it from boardies, but have been considering using them more since they've done well on the smaller sale items I've gotten, but honestly, hearing that they can't take care of such a minor matter, definitely makes me not want to buy a $400 statuette set from them and I'll definitely never get a HT from them.

Any way to contact management? Maybe return email with a link to this thread. One HT figure is surely not worth bad press, losing a 10 year customer, or being a poor retailer in general, especially if nothing is "wrong" with the figure as the email claims.

I only buy things like 1/12 and Transformers from them, was actually looking at the Good Smile Turtle set last night on their site, but never pulled the trigger on any major collectibles preferring SSC directly or getting it from boardies, but have been considering using them more since they've done well on the smaller sale items I've gotten, but honestly, hearing that they can't take care of such a minor matter, definitely makes me not want to buy a $400 statuette set from them and I'll definitely never get a HT from them.

IDK, I never had to I think any email goes directly to Liz and CS whom I was dealing with. Over the past 10 years I did buy small stuff but once I get into hundred dollar figures I need more confidence in CS for any issues and BBTS didn't provide it to me.

Any other website comparable to BBTS that I can buy HT from besides SS(as I pay state tax)?

Not sure how bad it is but did you provide them with pictures? Maybe that would help?

IDK, I never had to I think any email goes directly to Liz and CS whom I was dealing with. Over the past 10 years I did buy small stuff but once I get into hundred dollar figures I need more confidence in CS for any issues and BBTS didn't provide it to me.

Any other website comparable to BBTS that I can buy HT from besides SS(as I pay state tax)?

I would try eBay.. I've had pretty good experiences on their assuming you check out who you're buying from first.

Do you have any pictures of the problem with the figure?

I've been offering from them for a little longer than you but I've only had to replace 2 figures. I wonder if they really do keep track of exchanges with each account.

I would try eBay.. I've had pretty good experiences on their assuming you check out who you're buying from first.

Do you have any pictures of the problem with the figure?

I've been offering from them for a little longer than you but I've only had to replace 2 figures. I wonder if they really do keep track of exchanges with each account.

I'm sure they keep track, they have to. Not saying this is the case of the OP, but many HT collectors are quite particular when it comes to them, even to the point to expect refunds or replacement on dinged BOXES. Again, not saying this is the case, but I'm sure they get plenty of these "complaints".

I'm sure they keep track, they have to. Not saying this is the case of the OP, but many HT collectors are quite particular when it comes to them, even to the point to expect refunds or replacement on dinged BOXES. Again, not saying this is the case, but I'm sure they get plenty of these "complaints".

Im sure they keep track but as a 10 year customer I've returned Im sure my fair share as Im sure others have when buying for so long. Maybe they implemented a no replacement policy when one reaches a certain amount of returns, IDK. Maybe I'm picky, but never request a return for boxes always for issues with the figure only. I may just stick with SS as they've never giving me grief about a return just offers the $25 discount first. It may be worth paying sales tax but I do get figures the next day after order and RP's.

It sucks because I have sold out HT on PO from them and don't know where else to get them.

Do you have a picture of your figure?
The way it sounds it's a minor issue that could just be factory variance
Of course if you don't like if you should be able to send it back for a refund.

But for a replacement, I would say it depends on the case. Hong Kong flagship store of HT had too many nit pickers and end up screwing everyone over.

Do you have a picture of your figure?
The way it sounds it's a minor issue that could just be factory variance
Of course if you don't like if you should be able to send it back for a refund.

But for a replacement, I would say it depends on the case. Hong Kong flagship store of HT had too many nit pickers and end up screwing everyone over.

Yeah, I try to fix problems myself if they're minor enough. For instance, my ultron mk 1 arrived and a piece on its leg had broken off, I just superglued it back on and it's good as new.

If that fabric is ripped or the figure is broken, or if the paint is WAY off, then I think an exchange is acceptable.

Maybe they didn't think your problem was severe enough? Did you send them photos? Maybe your words aren't conveying the extent of the problem?

I sent a pic, this one. Does it warrant a replacement? The fig is for sale since that was what BBTS told me to do with it.

2ex3nn4.jpg

Yeah, I try to fix problems myself if they're minor enough. For instance, my ultron mk 1 arrived and a piece on its leg had broken off, I just superglued it back on and it's good as new.

If that fabric is ripped or the figure is broken, or if the paint is WAY off, then I think an exchange is acceptable.

Maybe they didn't think your problem was severe enough? Did you send them photos? Maybe your words aren't conveying the extent of the problem?

I've reglued parts also as that is a fixable problem. I can't do anything about fraying cloth.

I've reglued parts also as that is a fixable problem. I can't do anything about fraying cloth.

hmm, not the worst. And luckily it is on the back of the figure. But I would think, IMO, that you could get a replacement body for it.

I wonder what BBTS is going to do when the Deadpool orders start arriving...

hmm, not the worst. And luckily it is on the back of the figure. But I would think, IMO, that you could get a replacement body for it.

I wonder what BBTS is going to do when the Deadpool orders start arriving...

A new body costs money on top of the cost of the figure. Not a great option. If it's the service I got it BBTS will tell them to sell the Deadpool.

Back