Having trouble with BBTS customer service

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new body costs money on top of the cost of the figure. Not a great option. If it's the service I got it BBTS will tell them to sell the Deadpool.

I was referring to getting a replacement body to swap by BBTS.

Like in regards to Sideshow, whenever there is a defect in something, they would send a replacement part for that piece. Then they would ask you to destroy the defective piece.

I was referring to getting a replacement body to swap by BBTS.

Like in regards to Sideshow, whenever there is a defect in something, they would send a replacement part for that piece. Then they would ask you to destroy the defective piece.

They were unwilling to do anything, not even a body replacement which surprised me as I've always had good CS from them.

I've reglued parts also as that is a fixable problem. I can't do anything about fraying cloth.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Looking at the picture.. It's a tough call. I think something like that would be appropriate on the battling version.. But not for the regular release pristine version.

To be honest, I would probably be able to live with that problem (I'm not saying you should have to)

I'd love to see what sideshow would do about this type of problem.

Yeah, me, personally, I don't see a single problem with that pic either.

Of course everyone is different, but I kind of understand the reason for BBTS's response.

I think the defect area is pretty obvious in the picture, but it also doesn't look that severe. Would be nice if they would do the SS thing and offer a discount considering you got one with a defect. Too bad they're unwilling to work with you though.

If they are unwilling to do anything and you paid with a credit card, you could dispute it to your credid card provider, but that would most likely get you banned from buying from bbts ever again.

If they are unwilling to do anything and you paid with a credit card, you could dispute it to your credid card provider, but that would most likely get you banned from buying from bbts ever again.
Yeah I just opened a dispute with my CC. If I have a bad experience with a Co. I usually won't frequent the place again(I haven't shopped at Best Buy in over 8 years) so that isn't a problem I just want a figure in new, undamaged condition.

I don't see it as a huge turn off. But like I mentioned. I think you can send it back to BBTS and ask for a refund if you aren't satisfied with it.
To each of their own. Everyone has different standards. For me, i mostly focus on the paint job and how the eyes are painted. The fabric on the costume doesn't bug me that much. It's a 12" figure and not that noticeable in my display. If it was a larger scale that might be more noticeable.

I don't see it as a huge turn off. But like I mentioned. I think you can send it back to BBTS and ask for a refund if you aren't satisfied with it.
To each of their own. Everyone has different standards. For me, i mostly focus on the paint job and how the eyes are painted. The fabric on the costume doesn't bug me that much. It's a 12" figure and not that noticeable in my display. If it was a larger scale that might be more noticeable.

They told me no refund or return and I should sell it if im not satisfied. I wasnt given an option.

...the issue may not warrant replacement or compensation, but you should definitely be able to return it. I seem to remember this written clearly in their CS policy?

I would have took store credit but Liz at CS wasnt working with me at all.

Thinking back, I once returned an item to them years ago. It was a 1/6 Mr. Bean and it arrived broken. They did not want to give me a refund and really pushed a replacement. It took a bit of effort to finally get the refund.

all you need to do is slam them on Facebook with the @BigBadToyStore mention and you will get a refund within 48 hours.

I've had to return items to them and I'm pretty sure they respond the way the supplier does. What I mean is SSCs probably said they wouldn't refund or exchange to them so they (BBTS) wouldn't refund/exchange with you.

My experience with them was they would help me out as long as the manufacturer/supplier was willing to compensate them.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that SSCs is the real culprit here.

Maybe. I had no issues with HT exchanges in the past maybe SSC isnt giving them credit for defects. Either way if thats the case I couldnt shop there anymore anyway as HT QC is iffy and I need a place that does smooth exchanges or refunds.

The issue on the figure is practically non-existent in my opinion...but the adage is "the customer is always right..." so if you are not happy they should respect that and offer some form of compensation...the e-mail response that they sent was worse than the issue with the figure! That alone would be all the inspiration that I would need to fight them! Telling you that you can sell it if you don't like it??? Pretty condescending...I have only had great experiences with BBTS but that e-mail will make me think twice before ordering from them again...

The issue on the figure is practically non-existent in my opinion...but the adage is "the customer is always right..." so if you are not happy they should respect that and offer some form of compensation...the e-mail response that they sent was worse than the issue with the figure! That alone would be all the inspiration that I would need to fight them! Telling you that you can sell it if you don't like it??? Pretty condescending...I have only had great experiences with BBTS but that e-mail will make me think twice before ordering from them again...

That was surprising. I've had to exchange stuff in the past from a few websites and never was anybody that rude. Maybe she was having a bad day but that isnt the customer's fault. Ive never went through a credit card dispute before so I have that experience to look forward to.

Where you asking for a return and refund or sometype of exchange/discount?

If it was just them not offering a return and replacement that's not so unusual for them to say no. There's a list of things that hot toys tells sideshow whom tell their network don't qualify for replacement. Can't fault them for that when you think about how much stuff gets returned as it is. Gotta draw the line somewhere. (Most often it's things like minor paint issues on iron man figures, but stitching is another on others)

I don't see why they wouldn't give you a refund on return. And if you are talking about filing a credit card dispute..

Last edited:
I would ask again just for a refund and refund. Legally they can't deny a refund for a manufacturer defect.

Back