Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Movie felt about 20 minutes too long, and all the bickering between character got a bit tiresome after awhile (not to mention the constant shouting from the villain), but overall I thought it was pretty good and a nice sendoff for the characters.

It definitely feels like the novelty has worn off though, and I can't say I have any interest in seeing another one of these Guardians films with whoever ends up making them.

Yeah, felt too long. But I think it was cause everyone knew this was the last one and they wanted to squeeze everything in. Don't think you have to worry about any more Guardians movies. This is it.

GoTG2 was pre-Endgame, pre-Covid and pre-superhero fatigue, so it was never going to reach that level. I think $120M was the high end of predictions so $114M isn’t too shabby, plus it’s doing better than predicted overseas. It’s getting good grades from moviegoers so it should have better legs than AM&TWQ.
1683490625736.gif

Yea I think people just aren’t as excited anymore . But I’m sure it’ll do better than antman because I mean let’s be honest. It’s antman. It didn’t look good to me anyway
Yeah, that's definitely the case. Even unabashed fans of the genre (i.e., members of this forum who want these movies to succeed so the action figures get made) are only seeing these films once - if at all. That's are far cry from the multiple viewings that went on starting with Iron Man all the way through Endgame.

Yeah, that's definitely the case. Even unabashed fans of the genre (i.e., members of this forum who want these movies to succeed so the action figures get made) are only seeing these films once - if at all. That's are far cry from the multiple viewings that went on starting with Iron Man all the way through Endgame.
Very true.

Phase 1-3 were 3-4 viewings EACH for me!

If this movie drops 59% or above next weekend then the MCU is truly dead.

Might be too late for the X-Men/F4 to save it, sorry Reynolds, Jackman and Driver.

Great we’ll be stuck with stupid video game movies, groan.

If this movie drops 59% or above next weekend then the MCU is truly dead.

Might be too late for the X-Men/F4 to save it, sorry Reynolds, Jackman and Driver.

Great we’ll be stuck with stupid video game movies, groan.
Orrrrrr marvel could stop being stupid and cancel all the zlister hero shows like Agatha, wonder man and iron heart and give us the characters we want. Maybe they forgot what made marvel marvel . It damn sure wasn’t z list characters like eternals. The only reason gotg was a successful movie is cause they shared a universe with well known heroes. It’s time to either bring the heat again or step aside and let Mario and sonic and all the gaming franchises take over because the money is def there.

Or dc might take over again??? All I know is marvel needs to stop playing coy. This writers strike won’t help them out either. Blade is sadly delayed .

Orrrrrr marvel could stop being stupid and cancel all the zlister hero shows like Agatha, wonder man and iron heart and give us the characters we want. Maybe they forgot what made marvel marvel . It damn sure wasn’t z list characters like eternals. The only reason gotg was a successful movie is cause they shared a universe with well known heroes. It’s time to either bring the heat again or step aside and let Mario and sonic and all the gaming franchises take over because the money is def there.

Or dc might take over again??? All I know is marvel needs to stop playing coy. This writers strike won’t help them out either. Blade is sadly delayed .
Poor Ali is almost too old to play the character. If they want him in a trilogy and other projects I don't know. It will be hard to pull off unless they will put him in a backseat which would be a shame. But we never really had grandpa Blade anyway.

Movie felt about 20 minutes too long, and all the bickering between character got a bit tiresome after awhile (not to mention the constant shouting from the villain), but overall I thought it was pretty good and a nice sendoff for the characters.

It was a bit long in the tooth at times. I did get a kick out of how crazily unhinged High Evolutionary was. But then again, I loved seeing Iwuji play the increasingly frustrated Murn in Peacemaker.

Orrrrrr marvel could stop being stupid and cancel all the zlister hero shows like Agatha, wonder man and iron heart and give us the characters we want. Maybe they forgot what made marvel marvel . It damn sure wasn’t z list characters like eternals.

Perhaps putting a halt on the "nudge nudge" reveals altogether. Not every cameo is going to be as hype as Coulson finding Mjolnir. I'll admit that I let out an "Oh FFS" back when Starfox and Pip dropped :p

I didn't flat out hate it...which I suppose is a bit of a win. It was certainly more engaging than the majority of post-Endgame / Disney + era Marvel...but that's an incredibly low bar and for me, this was still a long, long way off the quality of the 2014 flick (and other peak MCU instalments).

People saying theres D+ show potential for Rockets backstory… :slap

I dunno about anyone else but I don’t really want to watch a whole show about animal mutilation.

People saying theres D+ show potential for Rockets backstory… :slap

I dunno about anyone else but I don’t really want to watch a whole show about animal mutilation.
How much more backstory can you give him? We saw pretty much everything after he was experimented on by the High Evolutionary. Prior to that he was just an ordinary raccoon, which seems more like a Nat Geo special. I suppose a show could focus on the period after he escaped from the HE up to and including how he eventually met up with Groot, but without Gunn's involvement I think that's best left to our imaginations.

How much more backstory can you give him? We saw pretty much everything after he was experimented on by the High Evolutionary. Prior to that he was just an ordinary raccoon, which seems more like a Nat Geo special. I suppose a show could focus on the period after he escaped from the HE up to and including how he eventually met up with Groot, but without Gunn's involvement I think that's best left to our imaginations.
Pretty much. But some people look at media through some weird distorted lens.

I've already seen it four times ......

🤷‍♂️

Orrrrrr marvel could stop being stupid and cancel all the zlister hero shows like Agatha, wonder man and iron heart and give us the characters we want.
I get that. I remember making fun of Sony’s plans for Kraven, El Muerto, Madame Web, and Aunt May movies… but I don’t think “Agatha” is much better. Wonder Man at least has a few solo comics under his belt.

Most of the heavy-hitters have been aged out or had their contracts expire. It does feel like we’re spinning our wheels until X-Men come back with a bang.

I don’t know. I still think it’s crazy how important Nova is in the cosmic comics (founded the modern Guardians team, best friend of Star-Lord, boyfriend of Gamora, even Cosmo debuted in the Nova books), but they wrapped up Guardians without a peep of him. Even if he shows up in the MCU, most of his supporting cast in modern books is not coming back for any more Marvel fare.

I get that. I remember making fun of Sony’s plans for Kraven, El Muerto, Madame Web, and Aunt May movies… but I don’t think “Agatha” is much better. Wonder Man at least has a few solo comics under his belt.

Most of the heavy-hitters have been aged out or had their contracts expire. It does feel like we’re spinning our wheels until X-Men come back with a bang.

I don’t know. I still think it’s crazy how important Nova is in the cosmic comics (founded the modern Guardians team, best friend of Star-Lord, boyfriend of Gamora, even Cosmo debuted in the Nova books), but they wrapped up Guardians without a peep of him. Even if he shows up in the MCU, most of his supporting cast in modern books is not coming back for any more Marvel fare.
I knew nothing about the Wonder Man character until I just googled him, nor did I know they were doing a WM TV show. I'll try to keep an open mind but this seems really out of left field. At least Agatha has some fans from her appearance in WandaVision.

Yeah, I'm baffled when I read all the rumors about Nova's debut being pushed back to 2025 or 2026. Given his Richard Ryder alter ego I was thinking that it would make sense for him to appear in Secret Invasion, but without an origin story movie or show beforehand I'm now not so sure about that. But if he did appear in that then he could pop up as needed in projects like Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars.

Back