Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

So what I’m seeing from jye is that the new dcu is in good hands then 👀😂
I’ve been thinking of that lol

It’s his first movie I liked where the humor didn’t ruin it like GOTG 1 and SS did for me.

GOTG 2 is just a mess with some good elements in it.

I don’t think it’s a masterpiece it almost goes off the rails a few times with the convoluted set pieces but it does come to a satisfying conclusion.

But if Warlock was his crack at Superman he done goofed lol

I didn’t like the gooey organic planet that was just too silly for me.

There was absolutely NO need for the F bomb whatsoever that was just pointless.

I didn’t like Drax calling the kids morons and stupid.

High Evolutionary powers were never explained was it from his suit or him?

But ultimately I found GOTG 3 to be a positive experience because of the Rocket story.

The jury is still out though lol

Last edited:
I didn’t like the gooey organic planet that was just too silly for me.
Nathan Fillion made up for it.
There was absolutely NO need for the F bomb whatsoever that was just pointless.
The way it was dropped so casually made it funnier.
I didn’t like Drax calling the kids morons and stupid.
But kids are morons and stupid?
High Evolutionary powers were never explained was it from his suit or him?
Bit of both I think. The mention him going through some kind of treatments. Suit probably allows him to harness/control whatever it is.
But ultimately I found GOTG 3 to be a positive experience.

The jury is still out though lol

I have zero connection to that Nathan Fillion actor could care less about him as an actor or his past roles lol

That is an example of a dumb Gunn problem he put that Nathan character and those soldiers into those dumb costumes and it made no sense whatsoever to the story, just fat gross costumes for no reason.

I loved those costumes. That level of insanity in production design was desperately needed to differentiate this movie from all the same-looking sludge that MCU cranked out...ShangElementals of Madness....all of it looked exactly the same.

This was a really, really good movie. It was FUNNY. It was funnier than any comedy from the last several years.

Anyway, this is a good stepping off point for the MCU. Nothing else to look forward to and I’d rather leave satisfied.

Anyway, this is a good stepping off point for the MCU. Nothing else to look forward to and I’d rather leave satisfied.
It is a really good end cap for the Infinity Saga since this had absolutely nothing to do with the multiverse and everything to do with resolving Quill and Gamora’s relationship (plus Rocket’s origin), thank god.

No Way Home ended with the multiverse closed up and with Spiderman going out on his own so that also works.

Truth be told though there are very few if any living superhero comic book geeks that will be able to resist seeing the F4 and X-Men universe updated with the MCU.

So no we’re not done YET lol

Last edited:
Is it a really good end cap for the Infinity Saga since this had absolutely nothing to do with the multiverse and everything to do with resolving Quill and Gamora’s relationship, thank god.

No Way Home ended with the multiverse closed up and with Spiderman going out on his own so that also works.

Truth be told though there are very few if any living superhero comic book geeks that will be able to resist seeing the F4 and X-Men universe updated with the MCU.

If ONLY for the Hot Toys need in me, I demand a comic-accurate Wolverine with the mask, Richard Richard's Nova, and Squirrel Girl.

Until then, they aren't allowed to be done.

I need to recreate this panel on my display.
v0jq1jtrubx01.jpg

Is it a really good end cap for the Infinity Saga since this had absolutely nothing to do with the multiverse and everything to do with resolving Quill and Gamora’s relationship, thank god.

I’m glad they went the way the did with Quill & Gamora, any other movie woulda had them fall in love. Glad he somewhat came to terms with the fact that this version is her own person and not the same Gamora that he lost.

I’m glad they went the way the did with Quill & Gamora, any other movie woulda had them fall in love. Glad he somewhat came to terms with the fact that this version is her own person and not the same Gamora that he lost.
I meant “It is” and not “Is it” as in posing a question my bad :slap

I fixed my post but you figured it out lol

Ouch only 114 million opening weekend only 10 more than AntMan! :horror

GOTG2 opened with 146!

Not looking good.
GoTG2 was pre-Endgame, pre-Covid and pre-superhero fatigue, so it was never going to reach that level. I think $120M was the high end of predictions so $114M isn’t too shabby, plus it’s doing better than predicted overseas. It’s getting good grades from moviegoers so it should have better legs than AM&TWQ.

GoTG2 was pre-Endgame, pre-Covid and pre-superhero fatigue, so it was never going to reach that level. I think $120M was the high end of predictions so $114M isn’t too shabby, plus it’s doing better than predicted overseas. It’s getting good grades from moviegoers so it should have better legs than AM&TWQ.
Yea I think people just aren’t as excited anymore . But I’m sure it’ll do better than antman because I mean let’s be honest. It’s antman. It didn’t look good to me anyway

Back