G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not surprising that they put electronics in the vehicle again, just an unnecessary cost that most won't use more than once. If all the figures unlock, I suppose it's a decent value at $100 for the four figures at $25 each leaving the helicopter at $175.
But the space the helicopter would take up is just a no for me. Selling the bird off and keeping the figures would work but, I wouldn't be able to save up enough by mid July to fund one anyways, had car trouble this morning.

I just hope any figures that this comes with will be released as standard releases sometime in the future. A regular version of Ripcord and I'd be okay, not super happy, but just okay with a Night Force Wild Bill.

I'm trying to decide whether to back one or two and i'm struggling with one thing -
It comes with stickers to customize it, and they even mention the intention is to be able to army build with it. But painted on the side of the cockpit of every one is "wild bill".
So which is it? Wild Bill's chopper or a fleet? Is wild bill the spokesperson like macho man and slim jims, or is it *his* like "the george foreman grill"?

And he's got to be in there somewhere, but how was airborne not the first tier? He's the only helicopter gunner they've got.

And the dragonfly is olive/black and the first tier is a NF ripcord. Does that mean it's a night ops vehicle? Are all the figures going to be night ops deco "repaints"? If vintage prices are any indication, night ops is far and away the favorite subteam, but i'm always going to prefer the "original" deco to the subdued minimum color variance night ops.

Just goes to show the recent Haslab failures haven’t been for a lack of interest in larger items but that they weren’t the right items. The GI Joe team gets it and you can see that passion from Lenny that you don’t get as much from some of the other teams. Gives me hope the TVC Haslab next month will also do well. Glad they’re back to back rather than overlapping like that wave of Haslabs around Christmas a few years back.

Another one of the big nostalgia figures ticket off! I’m almost done with the line, I think. Love this one.

91D092E5-BAF4-4081-B730-4AA5B50BFC8E.jpeg

Another one of the big nostalgia figures ticket off! I’m almost done with the line, I think. Love this one.
They gave Shipwreck chest hair? Hahaha - I'm not far off from you, I think I'll be done with the line around #125. There are some yes' and no's between now and then. Not sure how many more HasLabs I'd be up for either. Probably more smaller vehicles I'd be into that are more retail-related (SkyHawk, Fang) than anything.

You would think that Hasbro would have learned their lesson from the 2 previous troop builders in Cobra Island being exclusives. Today was ridiculous. I'm a premium member and I barely had enough time to get 1 EEL from HP (limit 1 per customer...though I'm sure some people worked around that) before they sold out in under a minute. I also picked up 1 Tunnel Rat from HP as well as 3 more EELs from Amazon when they went live before they sold out.
It's already going for insano prices on eBay. The good will Hasbro has earned back from its Classified fans for the better part of a year now just took a huge setback.
I hope that everyone here was able to get the EELs they wanted.

AAAAH!:panic:
I just found out about the EELs!
Ran to Pulse, sold out! Ran to Amazon, not listed! Checked Amazon with sold-out included, It's listed as sold out! Went to the product page and.... it's available.....?
Ordered 6!
:blissy

Last edited:
Edit, had some time to let it sink in, Over all the EELs look awesome BUT, could they have made that neck any longer and those shoulders any lower?

Last edited:
I noticed the shoulder positioning too and am hoping it is due to an inept photographer and not a design flaw. I got 2 from Amazon before they sold out.

Speaking of inept photographers... Off Topic, but if any of y'all collect Lego, the photography for most of their sets has S-U-C-K-E-D for the past several years. I use my phone and get better looking photos. They just tend to pick awkward angles and such and make the models look worse than they are.

I am still mulling the Dragonfly. The main hesitation is "where am I gonna put this thing?":lol I really like the Rip Cord figure, but the new one... a SHIELD agent? Well that's what she looks like anyway. I'd probably sell her off.

Back