G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That version is probably coming down the line. They seem to be cognizant about crafting classic and more modernized versions where warranted.

I have a bit of a different take on it.

There is 1/12 support via Dam Toys, Valaverse, etc, etc. IMHO, the strong play is to make figures that have crossover appeal. You can still honor the core character and have some crossover appeal to just modern military 1/12th.

The thinning out of potential accessories ( Falcon and Covergirl were two recent reviews I watched online recently...) seems like a troubling sign.

I could be totally wrong on this, but I'd say push for the most marketable appeal with some homage elements, then do a classic later to reel in the hard core completist types.

Huge failure on Hasbro's part not giving Snowjob an XMLR laser blaster rifle, the only RAH figure that actually came with the cartoon rifle, and they didn't give the Classified version one!
But these prices are just terrible; Why is Snowjob a Pulse exclusive? Probably because they want $35 for one.

My take is Hasbro should go through their inventory of existing molds, and just punch out more accessories, different colors of course where warranted, and fill the box with more stuff.

Give Falcon a different painted version of Spirit's eagle. Or Duke's binoculars and pistol, etc, etc. You see where I'm going with this. If they are going to raise prices, add more value into the package in accessories. If they can't give new accessories and control costs, then give everyone old accessories.

But yes, I agree, the classic Joe laser rifle should be in every set. This is one thing that 1/6 SSC GI Joe did right. The classic rifle was in every set that I can remember. Also the classic Cobra laser rifle ( looks like a German WW2 MP40, kind of...) should be with all the Cobra guys.

My take is Hasbro should go through their inventory of existing molds, and just punch out more accessories, different colors of course where warranted, and fill the box with more stuff.

Give Falcon a different painted version of Spirit's eagle. Or Duke's binoculars and pistol, etc, etc. You see where I'm going with this. If they are going to raise prices, add more value into the package in accessories. If they can't give new accessories and control costs, then give everyone old accessories.

But yes, I agree, the classic Joe laser rifle should be in every set. This is one thing that 1/6 SSC GI Joe did right. The classic rifle was in every set that I can remember. Also the classic Cobra laser rifle ( looks like a German WW2 MP40, kind of...) should be with all the Cobra guys.
More accessories whether they're old or new would make the price easier to accept. There's a rumor of a Classified accessory set they might make, better to spread those out with the figures instead.
The Cobra Laser rifle is actually based on the US M3 submachine gun known as the "grease gun" that the US issued up to 1991. All they did to make it look different in the cartoon is add a scope to the top. Hasbro did include two of the Cobra laser guns in their Pulse exclusive Valkyries set. I agree though, like Sideshow's Joes Hasbro should always include a cartoon laser rifle with every figure they make.

Just realised the new wave of pre orders is up. 90% already sold out on Hasbro Pulse UK. Why are Hasbro harming themselves like this? Tempted to just give up on the line now.
And just like that I'm back in. Almost everything came back in stock during my hourly daily check on UK Pulse today. The only one I haven't been able to get is the Range Viper, but as cool as it looks, I'm not too worried as i have no nostalgic link to that. The big win for me was Shipwreck.

HHJ90-HHJ91.jpg

Ou9Jsspo1650513819-420x420.jpg

So this might be a little unusual. But I got a close look at a Lightyear vehicle. The scale should be for figures about 5 inches tall. That "roof" on top of the cab can come off. But in the interior, with some dremel work, I think it would be a decent fit for a GI Joe Classified sized figure as a driver with some work. The interior is pretty good detail and there's a decent steering wheel. Also the exterior has a working claw arm and the yellow container has a clamshell where it can flip open and store things.

Put a gun mount on it, or make it a bomb disposal vehicle for Tripwire, etc, etc, that could be interesting. Give it some paint work, maybe add a bull dozer wedge plow on the front, etc, etc and I could see it being spruced up real nice. The natural design is kind of cool and futuristic.

Just some thoughts.

View attachment 629872

View attachment 629873

So this might be a little unusual. But I got a close look at a Lightyear vehicle. The scale should be for figures about 5 inches tall. That "roof" on top of the cab can come off. But in the interior, with some dremel work, I think it would be a decent fit for a GI Joe Classified sized figure as a driver with some work. The interior is pretty good detail and there's a decent steering wheel. Also the exterior has a working claw arm and the yellow container has a clamshell where it can flip open and store things.

Put a gun mount on it, or make it a bomb disposal vehicle for Tripwire, etc, etc, that could be interesting. Give it some paint work, maybe add a bull dozer wedge plow on the front, etc, etc and I could see it being spruced up real nice. The natural design is kind of cool and futuristic.

Just some thoughts.
Good thinking - these are the types of things I pay attention to for the Joe's and Co's. Converting other products that could work.

I don’t get the hate for Cover Girl. I think she looks fine and thankfully, I don’t see Joan Rivers at all. 🤦‍♂️
I’ll be getting Falcon, OG Outback and a couple of Crimson BATs next week.

Attachments

• DDC15387-CE61-4425-9960-52BBDCEA0D4F.jpeg
    DDC15387-CE61-4425-9960-52BBDCEA0D4F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • BCDF3F1B-1C30-43E2-ACEB-6A103EA7117E.jpeg
    BCDF3F1B-1C30-43E2-ACEB-6A103EA7117E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • D0528F59-3ECD-44F1-B696-BD63DF5B00C4.jpeg
    D0528F59-3ECD-44F1-B696-BD63DF5B00C4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I think so, think this line will go deep as the collectors are eating them up still

Deep Six was a pretty main character in the cartoon so I think they have to give us one eventually. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the suit, they have to give it a hell of a lot more articulation then the original figure had otherwise, I think it'll go down like a lead weight.

I'm using the Mattel Buzz Lightyear Alpha Class 6" figure as my stand in once I finish customizing it. I need to repaint it and the head pops off so that you can use a Hasbro head from Marvel Legends, it's just difficult to find a good replacement head that works for the character. The Alpha Class Buzz Lightyear that comes in the two pack with Alisha which used to be a Target exclusive makes a good stand in for V2 Deep Six with just a head swap btw. You can find that Buzz Lightyear two pack pretty cheap everywhere now, it's on Amazon for $16 at the moment. One issue though, the hip ball joints are extremely stuck on that figure and you need heat just to move them. I'm not sure how to fix the issue because they won't pop out of the socket even with heat.

I don’t get the hate for Cover Girl. I think she looks fine and thankfully, I don’t see Joan Rivers at all. 🤦‍♂️
I’ll be getting Falcon, OG Outback and a couple of Crimson BATs next week.
Yeah I got my Cover Girl last week and mine has just about perfectly aligned paint and I'm quite happy with it. But I do think it looks a bit like Joan Rivers and the face looks a bit like a J. Scott Campbell drawing. They just sculpted it with too much of a caricature.

Just in case anyone was curious, the Cobra rifle from the Neca Robocop is a bit large for Joe's and Valaverse.
20230418_085652.jpg

Torpedoed - (verb) definition: What occurs when residents of the U.K. get figures from G.I. Joe A Real AMERICAN Hero lineup before Americans :shakingfist:

Does this mean America will receive Big Ben first(?)
Lol the release schedule is borked in UK. I’m still waiting for Mindbender and Serpentor 🙄

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Fortnight has a Legendary Series. The figures look about 5-6 inches tall. Most of the weapons are rudimentary, but it's based on a video game, etc, etc.

But that gas can looks pretty well done. I put a side profile picture too to show the depth of it. Put that on a 1/12 vehicle and it fits right in. Cut the tip off the crossbow bolt and replace it and maybe you have something functional there. Swap out that headsculpt and put a Valaverse rig on that figure and maybe you've got something pretty unique.

Set just looked interesting to me for cross over potential.

Just some thoughts.

s-l1600 (65).jpg

s-l1600 (40).jpg

s-l1600 (39).jpg

If you look at that cockpit, if you drill out and remove the bottom of that seat inside, it might just fit a Classified or Valaverse guy in there.

Or if you have a broken or busted up Classified or Valaverse guy, then you could use just the torso and head and simulate basically the "Iron Monger" effect. I.E. make it look like the guys legs, feet and waistline are deeper below but not visible.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Monger-13-800x550px.jpg

Just looks like it would have interesting Exo-Suit application for 1/12 with a little work.

Just some thoughts here.

I've got one of that exact Joy Toy mech. Even with removing the seat, you're not going to fit a whole Classified figure in there straight. A smaller female figure, maybe...but not a standard male one. It's not wide enough at the shoulders.

Back