G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great reveals the other day!
Zarana looked great. Haven't preordered though, I'll wait.
Dusty looks good, still have issues with the sparse and simple camo as well as the plastic sculpted Havelock instead of cloth, I still preordered one.
The Siegies look fantastic! no issues for me at all. Pre-ordered 2 sets of 2. I'll probably get an additional 2 later.
I preordered one each of the Tiger Force & Python Patrol figures. Bazook and Recondo look great, I've never been a fan of the paint scheme, but I'm growing to like the Tiger force colors. The Python Patrol Trooper looks okay, Just getting one to be a completest.
Second release Snake Eyes with Timber, I don't see much difference with the other 3 (4?) versions of SE, other than green pants. I need to look at a side by side to know. I will probably skip this version.
Retro Zartan and Storm Shadow, I haven't looked at the differences on Zartan, he's a maybe. Storm Shadow is a must have, I like the armored gloves, but classic Storm Shadow forearm wraps look far better.
Tiger Force Duke looks awesome, the Ram cycle however looks terrible. I wish I could just get Duke.
Blue Ninjas look cool, but I have no nostalgia for them and I would prefer a traditional red ninja instead. I'd pick them up on clearance.
Awesome to see Slaughter announced! I like the build of the digital render except for those legs, they look scrawny compared to the top of the body. I hope they fix that issue. I'm also willing to bet he comes with the Triple T and will be a Con Exclusive. Must have for me though.

Great reveals, terrible price increase. If they get any more expensive, I'll have to be more selective.

Loving the new stuff. Zarana looks amazing. This line continues to impress, and thankfully the figures have been easier to preorder (even if it sometimes seems that’s all this line is - a collection of digital images lol).

You might even be more selective once Hasbro drops the plastic window box and goes full cardboard with a picture of the item in 2023.
Yeah, i've kinda been dreading this. I usually pick through the figures checking for sloppy paint or googly eyes or crooked decals and buy the one that i like the best. Neca, it's a must, hasbro has been fairly consistent.
I get the reason, and i think it's good and admirable, but for god's sake must my shelves suffer??! 😩😫😄

You might even be more selective once Hasbro drops the plastic window box and goes full cardboard with a picture of the item in 2023.

Really? I hadn't heard this
--

It's Hasbro's way of saying, "You're still going to buy our stuff where we charge more for less so you can't see how crappy the paint applications are because we're going to cover them up with the packaging. Thank you to our loyal suckers."

It will be interesting to see if Hasbro would be willing to eat their hat on bubblegate and go back to traditional packaging once sales nose dive after they are removed. There is a large portion of Star Wars collectors ready to jump ship over that. As an opener, the packaging is just pretty garbage my toys come in. As long as it gets me my toy undamaged, they could just send them in bubble wrap for all I care, especially if it cuts costs for the consumer.

Really? I hadn't heard this

check it out here...https://thepopinsider.com/features/gi-joe-roundtable-interview/

The last figures to get window boxed are Dusty, Zarana,Crimson Guard...after that, it's blind packaging with Art work. I think it's a dumb move and is going to hurt their sales across the board.

You know that won't happen..there is already more talk of raising the prices AGAIN. By next year, expect $30+ a classified figure.
That’s true. It’s unfortunate timing on Hasbro’s part because people are going to get the false impression the closed boxes are more expensive and they’ll be the scapegoat for poor sales on top of the inflation and material costs going up.

Got the Gridiron studios stands. They work. But they are a little small so heavier figures could still tip over if not balanced properly. They are also a pain to get into the peg holes. Really have to work them in there.

I also picked up the Breaker (comm) and Command load out packs. They. Are. Amazing. Definitely take a figure to an entirely different level.

Last edited:
Got the Gridiron studios stands. They work. But they are a little small so heavier figures could still tip over if not balanced properly. They are also a pain to get into the peg holes. Really have to work them in there.

I also picked up the Breaker (comm) and Command load out packs. They. Are. Amazing. Definitely take a figure to an entirely different level.
Interesting. Being smaller is a bonus imo. Either they're large enough to put more than one figure or small enough that you could place multiple figures side by side. Maybe using some blu-tack or something similar to secure the stand to the shelf will prevent tipping over. I'll mention using some heat to get the foot pegs into the feet but, that could make the connection too loose and make the stand pointless.

Stop posting about how cool those comm packs are, you're pushing me to pick them up!

They are pretty sick.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Attachments

• B5C38C8D-11D9-4070-AD74-B9277DBE3838.jpeg
    B5C38C8D-11D9-4070-AD74-B9277DBE3838.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 9D05F293-101C-4007-A430-106E801CFE34.jpeg
    9D05F293-101C-4007-A430-106E801CFE34.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 22
  • C4ED1DC3-A2B0-495E-B2FB-87988E2503FE.jpeg
    C4ED1DC3-A2B0-495E-B2FB-87988E2503FE.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 6A5D85C0-2D25-4281-97E1-6BDEDDECB1D4.jpeg
    6A5D85C0-2D25-4281-97E1-6BDEDDECB1D4.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 19
I've gotta get the new Zartan. Anything closer to the original is going to win out as being the one I want for my collection. Plus, retro cardback is a very interesting move. Curious to see what kind of art they use (hopefully a variation of what was used in his promotional booklet and the Takara single carded release). I wish they wouldn't keep using his hood with the weird, sculpted textures on it. But. . .Hasbro gonna cheap out whenever and wherever they can.

Dusty looks great, and in the vintage style. He was always one of my favorites since I was a kid, so I'll probably get him, though like screamingmetal I'm not thrilled with the full plastic hat. May get this Storm Shadow instead of the other one they are releasing, though to promote it as vintage yet still keep the sculpted hood piece around his neck is annoying.

The new Storm Shadow (to me) comes across as a 1:12 version of the first Storm Shadow by 3Z.

I wouldn't be surprised if future CLASSIFIED figures takes "inspiration" from 3Z and vice versa.

Looks cool, but seems like a lot of clunky tech for being almost 25 years into the 21t century. Guess if you're into more "classic style" (which seems most of you are), then it's a definite win.
--

I don't know.

How much more "futuristic" and "modernized" for characters like Dusty and Recondo need to be/must be given their environment and specialty?

The classic style is always first and foremost for the ARAH diehard/old school collectors.

I don't mind and welcome nuanced modernized updates as long as the classic style is respected.

It's not like the GI JOE SIGMA 6 line where every character was so
futuristically warped to the point of alienating collectors from that period. It was an interesting concept for the period/time that didn't resonant with collectors.

--

I don't know.

How much more "futuristic" and "modernized" for characters like Dusty and Recondo need to be/must be given their environment and specialty?

The classic style is always first and foremost for the ARAH diehard/old school collectors.

I don't mind and welcome nuanced modernized updates as long as the classic style is respected.

It's not like the GI JOE SIGMA 6 line where every character was so
futuristically warped to the point of alienating collectors from that period. It was an interesting concept for the period/time that didn't resonant with collectors.
Yeah, I get it....just like to jab at those that want their cyan blue-clothed Gung-Ho. To me, it's almost as bad as wanting your superheroes to have classic underoo briefs on the outside of the suit.

Back