EXO-6 Star Trek "TOS" Figures (The Original Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QMX Kirk and Picard are just flat homeruns in terms of the portraits. Tailoring on Picard’s uniform might have benefited from some tweaks, but all in all I have zero complaints. It will be interesting to see what EXO can achieve with these.

But to be honest I just can’t imagine anything that would make me give up either of these QMX figures. At the very least I’ll keep them as spares!

IMG_3737.jpeg

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you.

EXO-6 will most likely improve upon the uniforms and underlying bodies but as far as head sculpts go, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

EXO-6 will obviously remake Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, and Scotty at some point but my gut tells me that there will not be another Space Seed Khan, which in my opinion may have been the strongest figure of the bunch, with Kirk a very close second. If EXO revisits it it will probably be in the dinner dress uniform which would actually be a pretty cool look. However, I really don’t see how EXO-6 could improve upon that Khan it’s a pretty perfect figure.

All the talk of re-doing the main crew in their set accurate uniforms with an option for screen accurate. It has been years now, and nothing, not even any mentioning. Out of sight, out of mind!

All the talk of re-doing the main crew in their set accurate uniforms with an option for screen accurate. It has been years now, and nothing, not even any mentioning. Out of sight, out of mind!
They have mentioned them. In the podcast. Dave talked about it likely being last on their list. I think he said end of this year, early next, but I may be mistaken on that. Definitely talked about it at some point though.

They have mentioned them. In the podcast. Dave talked about it likely being last on their list. I think he said end of this year, early next, but I may be mistaken on that. Definitely talked about it at some point though.
OK let me ask this....
The QMX issues, were their uniforms set or screen accurate? Thank you in advance.
-Jim G.G.

OK let me ask this....
The QMX issues, were their uniforms set or screen accurate? Thank you in advance.
-Jim G.G.
From what I recall, being in this since the beginning (or before), Kirk's tunic was set accurate (kind of avocado instead of gold, depending on the lighting). Spock's tunic was screen "accurate" (blue instead of turquoise). Scotty's tunic was just red (not sure if there was a real difference between set and screen); not like the TNG tunics with the dark burgundy vs. red.

From what I recall, being in this since the beginning (or before), Kirk's tunic was set accurate (kind of avocado instead of gold, depending on the lighting). Spock's tunic was screen "accurate" (blue instead of turquoise). Scotty's tunic was just red (not sure if there was a real difference between set and screen); not like the TNG tunics with the dark burgundy vs. red.
Thank you.
As I previously mentioned, I believe it was this thread, that I currently have all 5 of the QMX issued TOS figures.
Whenever Mr. Nanjin gets around to it I would like Chekov and Uhura to match.
-Jim G.G.

I really like QMx Kirk, I’ve never owned one so I’ll pick up the Exo version. Picard is pretty good but I think there’s room for improvement. I’m chomping at the bit for a TNG Picard PO.

I really like QMx Kirk, I’ve never owned one so I’ll pick up the Exo version. Picard is pretty good but I think there’s room for improvement. I’m chomping at the bit for a TNG Picard PO.
I don't know what it is exactly, but I can't help myself correcting people it is "champing" at the bit. This phrase was actually used correctly on Netflix's The Witcher, and I about fell out of my seat.

Thank you.
As I previously mentioned, I believe it was this thread, that I currently have all 5 of the QMX issued TOS figures.
Whenever Mr. Nanjin gets around to it I would like Chekov and Uhura to match.
-Jim G.G.
Issue there I believe is the QMX figures tunics were made to replicate the season 3 uniform where as Nanjin has said Exo-6 are emulating those from season 2.

If I am remembering my Trek costuming trivia correctly they were made from different fabrics between season 1/2 and then in season 3.
I never picked up the QMX figures though I did go round and round on ordering Kirk so I’m happy not only to get a second chance but also that Exo-6 are making the “Captain” variant uniforms as well as the regular duty ones.

I think I would have preferred he stick with the S3 style myself, as I'm not sure the softer "velour" fabric translates as well to 1/6. At least judging from some of the early proto pics he showed of Spock.

I seem to remember there were prototypes of Kirk and Spock made by some company whose name escapes me at the moment. They never ended up getting the license so they were never made. This was years before even QMx made their line. But - they did try to make a velour tunic and it just looked odd - almost like a sweater. Very fuzzy. So it's probably tricky to get right at scale, I'd imagine. Anybody else remember this? Am I just nuts?

I seem to remember there were prototypes of Kirk and Spock made by some company whose name escapes me at the moment. They never ended up getting the license so they were never made. This was years before even QMx made their line. But - they did try to make a velour tunic and it just looked odd - almost like a sweater. Very fuzzy. So it's probably tricky to get right at scale, I'd imagine. Anybody else remember this? Am I just nuts?
You mean these?

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/moebius-models-1-6-star-trek-tos-kirk-and-spock.160049/

Back