EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol people have been begging for TWOK figures for years, and we finally get the first one and all anybody here can do is complain. šŸ˜„

And they obviously had to start somewhere, so I don't see why it matters if they started with Saavik or Spock or whoever. I'm just happy to see ANY of these go up for preorder.

And really, Trek fans suddenly have no interest in Saavik?? When did that happen?
Iā€™m kind of indifferent on Saavik as a character. She never really stood out to me a lot. Partially probably because sheā€™s a secondary character who was added in the films, and even at that sheā€™s not in many of them.

As far as complaining about her being first- sure weā€™ve wanted figures from TWOK, but how many people did you see list her? Probably not many because most think the core three and Khan.

I just get irritated with the EXO-6 model. Gotta release all these secondary characters before getting what most of us actually want.

Right. But then the owner is so fond of reminding everyone he's not doing it for profit. *Ah-hem*
Higher price for higher quality IMO. Sheā€™s $55 more than Quark if you want the second outfit and accessories. I kind of expected her to come in around Locutusā€™ price point but thatā€™s present day economics. There could also be some outsourcing at play.

Likeness is spot on with those paint apps. I guess the bottom-line is this isnā€™t VOY quality so the price point is naturally going to climb for a superior product.

And really, Trek fans suddenly have no interest in Saavik?? When did that happen?
I think Iā€™m the black sheep here. My fandom began with TNG and peaked with DS9 - until Disco and SNW. I love the new stuff, including Prodigy and Lower Decks. My two older brothers were TOS fans so I watched it in passing as a way to build my relationship with them but it always seemed dated to me. I recently (in the past 2 months) rewatched DS9 and Voyager in their entirety (binged out) and wow, those are now dated too, Voyager more so than DS9. The movies never interested me much and Iā€™ve passed on all the movie figures thus far with no regrets. Not being a completist has worked out well for me.

Last edited:
Here we go again with members putting down other members for their opinions :rolleyes:

What is it with these particular EXO-6 threads?

Lol people have been begging for TWOK figures for years, and we finally get the first one and all anybody here can do is complain. šŸ˜„

And they obviously had to start somewhere, so I don't see why it matters if they started with Saavik or Spock or whoever. I'm just happy to see ANY of these go up for preorder.

When the price was revealed...

I'll be honest, I thought I would be all in on Star Trek figures, aside from the newer stuff (Discovery, Picard, for example) but the realization that the individual lines will encompass a large set of figures each, as well as the creeping up of the pricing has me reconsidering that initial plan. My interest in non-ST lines continues as well so there have to be decisions made, cuts made, unfortunately.

I have the Hot Toys Delorean (Pt2) actually out for delivery. That, along with several BttF figures have made a financial dent in my hobby funds. I can't have it all, unfortunately.

I think Iā€™m the black sheep here. My fandom began with TNG and peaked with DS9 - until Disco and SNW. I love the new stuff, including Prodigy and Lower Decks. My two older brothers were TOS fans so I watched it in passing as a way to build my relationship with them but it always seemed dated to me. I recently (in the past 2 months) rewatched DS9 and Voyager in their entirety (binged out) and wow, those are now dated too, Voyager more so than DS9. The movies never interested me much and Iā€™ve passed on all the movie figures thus far with no regrets. Not being a completist has worked out well for me.
Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re referring to the visuals, I think they still look very relevant. The downside with DS9 and VOY is that they apparently canā€™t be remastered (from what Iā€™ve read) so you all you have is Standard Definition. TNG on Bluray looks quite nice.

The quality of writing on all those shows will stand the test of time.

Dude I'm not putting anyone down. I'm just surprised by the negative reaction in here is all.
Then you've not read the posts properly or tried to understand from an opposing POV to yours.

I'm a bit negative due to price, not attacking the figure.

471925-IMG-4425.jpeg
View attachment 663390
  • Freak : You lied!
    NanjinXO : I exaggerated.
    Freako: USD instead of HKD!?
  • 7zp3sy.gif
Figure look great though, not sure that I need the jacket for her. I am glad it's an option.

Last edited:
By dated I mean politics and culture and sociology wise. I am an old school lefty, and ST of any vintage has been a good barometer *at the time* of what an ideal society could look like if we (human race) play our cards right and develop our technology to that end. Todayā€™s Trek is no different, I enjoy the optimism of it. The dated portions when I do re-watches of the old and older series (the patriarchal, heteronormative, paternalistic, colonial strains) are undeniable and may irk me now, but itā€™s also good to see where we came from.

I am fine with the visuals. Itā€™s part of the vintage and itā€™s actually nice that I donā€™t have to shell out for blu-ray or 4k since dvd quality (actually have a VHS tape of VOY Faces) is what the source material was.

ETA - my impression of all the movies was that with the exception of the first they were more traditional sci-fi action movies. Okay ones, but not my favorites. I never got invested.

ETA2 - which is a long winded explanation as to why I am not interested in Saavik despite both sets looking nicely done and fairly priced (IMO of course). We Trek fans are a motley bunch, arenā€™t we?

Last edited:
Passing simply because I much prefer Robin Curtis's portrayal. Never bought Kirstie Alley as a Vulcan.
Much of that is because the character as written in Star Trek II is written as half Romulan (a couple scenes mentioning this were deleted but are findable on youtube and blurays and such). Her Starfleet Academy enrollment was sponsored by Spock who agrees to teach her the ways of Surak and logic. Kirstie Alley's Saavik is not fully in touch with her Vulcan side.

Much of that is because the character as written in Star Trek II is written as half Romulan (a couple scenes mentioning this were deleted but are findable on youtube and blurays and such). Her Starfleet Academy enrollment was sponsored by Spock who agrees to teach her the ways of Surak and logic. Kirstie Alley's Saavik is not fully in touch with her Vulcan side.
I've never had a problem buying her as Vulcan myself, albeit a very young and inexperienced one, and am glad they dropped the Romulan bsckstory as it would have seemed pretty random and unnecessary in the movie. And I just like how slightly mysterious and intriguing her character is throughout, which was completely lost when Curtis took over the role and played her as flat as possible.

Last edited:
Couldnā€™t resist. Iā€™ve gone for the regular version with Sideshow for the payment plan option. It really does look great.

I've never had a problem buying her as Vulcan myself, albeit a very young and inexperienced one, and am glad they dropped the Romulan bsckstory as it would have seemed pretty random and unnecessary in the movie. And I just like how slightly mysterious and intriguing her character is throughout, which was completely lost when Curtis took over the role and played her as flat as possible.

Wow, that's exactly my interpretation as well! And totally agree on the Curtis portrayal. My assumption was always that it was different dictatorial decisions that were at the heart of the new Saavik direction as opposed to Robin choosing to take a different take on the character herself. So, no disrespect to Curtis herself, its just that TWOK Saavik always resonated with me more than what followed for the character.

......and it doesn't hurt that I always had a pretty severe crush on Kirstie Saavik as well šŸ˜‡

Ordered. I was on the fence but decided to go for it. If I had gotten Spock and Kirk first, I may have felt satisfied and not gone for Saavik.

There is logic to starting with Saavik, and exploiting my illogical collecting.

Ordered. I was on the fence but decided to go for it. If I had gotten Spock and Kirk first, I may have felt satisfied and not gone for Saavik.

There is logic to starting with Saavik, and exploiting my illogical collecting.
I would have been selective and stopped with the main trio of Kirk, Spock and McCoy, but I can see how Exo-6's plan works now.

Almost two years ago I thought it was strange the way they announced figures in odd priorities, but over time, as they filled out a crew (like Yoyager) the method began to make more sense. We can still hold out and wait for our high priority figures to go up for order, but seeing a plan and vision come together with crew-building potential has a unique collector appeal.

I'll go for Saavik, despite it not being a high priority, all the while knowing Kirk, Spock, McCoy and KHAN!!! (and perhaps other characters) will also arrive over a year or so to complete a mighty handsome ST:TWOK set. Nanjin has been pretty clear about saving our money to plan ahead for what he has in store for us.

Back