EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I didn't want to be the first to say it, but the likeness does seem pretty off. With the biggest issue being that the head is just too narrow.

Although now that I've had a chance to study it on a monitor instead of just my phone, the sculpt is working a bit better for me, and I'd say the likeness is maybe about 80% there.

Last edited:
Personally I think he looks fantastic. Many have said that the VOY figures look like a caricature/cartoonish compared to the actor but the realism and likeness on Data is strong here, they’ve definitely upped their game. The exo version is leaps and bounds more refined than the Qmx one.

Off to a great start here for the TNG crew, I hope the others come out this good!

EXO-6 | Star Trek: The Next Generation 1:6 Data figure

1688659308812.jpeg

I will say, based on the pics from the EXO-6 website, this figure looks amazing. From every angle this is a dead ringer IMO. And for ~$200? Incredible. Got to give credit where credit is due.

Here's a look at the opened up head, which isn't on the website for some reason.

Wonder how hard it would be for me to add some blinkies...

View attachment 648503
Good point, I’m not bothered by the lack of lights but considering that they managed to incorporate that into Locutus it would’ve been a nice touch.

Looking forward to seeing your modifications davejames.

I think they’re milking the fact that it’s TNG and a popular character to justify two versions and one with a substantially higher price point.

They've already done the same thing with Sisko. This is a fairly common offering for 1:6 releases in general, and "milking" seems like a bit of a reach since there's absolutely no reason anyone would need to buy both versions (unless they're uber-completionists, in which case that's on them).

I think I’m more put off by the two versions. It just feels like quite a price hike between the Essential and Standard for what extra accessories are being included.

Archer included Porthos yet Data can’t get one version of Spot as an “Essential” accessory? The PADD is an accessory that we all probably have versions of (maybe not specifically TNG, but more or less the same item).

The biggest inclusion is the second sculpt, which again looking at it from the perspective of we got two versions in the First Contact release for less makes it seem like not such a great deal here.

Looks much better than their First Contact Data as well. That one had very minimal detail in the hair.

I think I’m more put off by the two versions. It just feels like quite a price hike between the Essential and Standard for what extra accessories are being included.

Archer included Porthos yet Data can’t get one version of Spot as an “Essential” accessory? The PADD is an accessory that we all probably have versions of (maybe not specifically TNG, but more or less the same item).

The biggest inclusion is the second sculpt, which again looking at it from the perspective of we got two versions in the First Contact release for less makes it seem like not such a great deal here.
I do agree that the value is questionable in comparison. Good point about Archer including Porthos at that pricepoint.

I wish they had gotten a bit more creative with the accessories. I would have gladly traded one of those Spots for his Sherlock pipe or Tasha hologram. Or any number of other props he used on the show.

I wish they had gotten a bit more creative with the accessories. I would have gladly traded one of those Spots for his Sherlock pipe or Tasha hologram. Or any number of other props he used on the show.
Agreed. Maybe they'll add some of that stuff to the Picard S3 figure? They were of considerable significance to the story there.

To me the two versions of Sisko felt a bit more warranted.

You got two different looks- standard uniform and open uniform with vest and unzipped undershirt.

Plus you got a fair amount of extra accessories- the whiskey glass, baseball, and the phaser rifle. Also it was $215 rather than $230.

Last edited:
By the way what happened to every TNG figure getting a "screen" and "set color" option? Or is that just being saved for the red command tunics now?
I kind of wonder if that whole idea is being abandoned. Maybe not but I have to wonder how much business sense that really makes.

Honestly, I think it looks more Lore than Data. Something about him just looks mean instead of innocent and trustworthy. Not "constructive criticism" for N's friends on here, I know, but at this point, I don't really care.

it looks good to me. I sprung for the standard version since I'm a Spot fan.

Complaints aside....easiest pre-order yet. Data is "Must Have" territory for sure. And I always wanted him in his TNG uniform without much interest in FC. I'm a pretty happy camper right now. I think I'll almost definitely display him with the slight smile as opposed to the stern look, so went for Standard without hesitation.

Final production yet to be seen, this effort from EXO looks like some next level paint app detail compared to some.

I'm stoked for the TNG peeps who've been waiting for this crew to launch. "The entire Bridge crew from Star Trek: The Next Generation will be joining the 1:6 collection in the next few months" is ambitious to put it mildly (assuming startrek.com didn't mess up that press release bigtime), but Data is always a good place to start.

Yeah I didn't want to be the first to say it, but the likeness does seem pretty off. With the biggest issue being that the head is just too narrow.

Although now that I've had a chance to study it on a monitor instead of just my phone, the sculpt is working a bit better for me, and I'd say the likeness is maybe about 80% there.
To me it looks like the narrowness of the head is based partially on Data's earlier appearances, which is not actually how most people remember him.
Brent Spiner was very skinny/lanky for the first couple seasons, while he settled into a more average weight for the remainder of the series (and slightly more full in the movies) which is how most people remember Data.

I do still think the sculpt needs a little more work. Especially around the eyes. I think it's mostly the eyebrows. They look...oddly aggressive. The preview of the second sculpt looks a little more neutral.
Maybe one of them is Lore ;)

Honestly, I think it looks more Lore than Data. Something about him just looks mean instead of innocent and trustworthy. Not "constructive criticism" for N's friends on here, I know, but at this point, I don't really care.

I think it's a couple things. For one, like I mentioned above, people generally remember Data looking a little fuller than his early skinny appearance. While people do remember Lore more as that early skinny look because that was that character's most prominent appearance in the show.
Second, there is a slight aggressiveness to the main sculpt. The preview of the second sculpt softens this expression.

I honestly think they should make the sculpt with the softer expression the primary sculpt, and make the second head explicitly into a Lore head with a unique expression.
As it stands, they're both so similar to each other, there's hardly any difference and it's almost not worth the inclusion. Make the nice/kind face the normal head, and make the second head even meaner so that it can be Lore! Then it would be worth it.

kw9GlZS.gif

Last edited:
Back