EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh My…

Just realizing now from one of the promo shots that it’s not fully clear whether that alternate head sculpt with the positronic mechanism showing comes with a hair component to cover that up if you just want the slightly different expression and not the brain surgery option.

If it’s really just the angry face with full hair or the skull showing subtle smile head I’m going to be disappointed.

View attachment 648540
He does come with the hair piece cover according to what I saw on Six Scale Mafia’s stream.

Check around the 36:40 time stamp.

https://www.youtube.com/live/UUy49G8oiPw?feature=share

By the way what happened to every TNG figure getting a "screen" and "set color" option? Or is that just being saved for the red command tunics now?
He recently said that it would likely not happen. Probably for the best: imagine if they produced Data with both uniforms, but then had to produce future TNG figures with only one due to costs or other factors. You'd have extremely angry customers with no choice but to buy mismatched figures.

Probably best to keep costs down and the line alive. It's an expense that would only appeal to an extremely small number of people.

Last edited:
Overall, I think this looks pretty good. The likeness is mostly there, though I do see what people are saying about the how the face could be fuller. I wish the second head had one of Data's inquisitive looks--or just a more distinct expression. The idea of a Lore sculpt is also pretty fun, though it wouldn't make much sense for this uniform. Love the removable hair plate, and the uniform looks great.

This is an easy buy for me, but realistically I'm probably all-in on the TNG main cast.

I do agree that the value is questionable in comparison. Good point about Archer including Porthos at that pricepoint.
Considering that the prices of most things in the world have doubled since Exo-6's inception, I feel pretty lucky these aren't hitting $275 like every other 1/6 figure on the market.

He recently said that it would likely not happen. Probably for the best: imagine if they produced Data with both uniforms, but then had to produce future TNG figures with only one due to costs or other factors. You'd have extremely angry customers with no choice but to buy mismatched figures.

Probably best to keep costs down and the line alive. It's an expense that would only appeal to an extremely small number of people.
Agreed, initially it was an interesting concept but if they’re using the set colour as the default I think most would prefer that look anyway.

True, although I think it's only the red tunics that needed the option anyway, since the set color was this very deep burgundy that looked so very different from what we usually saw on screen.

If nothing else, I'm hoping the Exo versions will be a bit more saturated or have at least a bit more red in them (like in the auction pic below). Because I really don't want more of this in my collection:

74a294da-4a5c-4e2f-a0fe-cf92bb2811b4.jpg

ggfgf.JPG

There was a bit of contrast between the engineering ones as well. Set colour all the way.

1688692464770.jpeg

By the way what happened to every TNG figure getting a "screen" and "set color" option? Or is that just being saved for the red command tunics now?
I figured that was a bunch of hot air from the start because it made no sense from a production standpoint. We already know the dude likes to run his mouth.
It made me mad when he specifically announced that Locutus would come with two head sculpts and then didn't deliver (instead reserving the second head for his "friends"), that's real... unprofessional to put it politely.
But for the uniforms, I pretty much knew from the second it left his mouth that it would never happen.

Yeah definitely best to dial back those expectations when it comes to extra accessories or outfit options that might have been mentioned before.

I know he talked a lot about including a laughing Data sculpt as well, but that clearly didn't pan out.

Last edited:
True, although I think it's only the red tunics that needed the option anyway, since the set color was this very deep burgundy that looked so very different from what we usually saw on screen.

If nothing else, I'm hoping the Exo versions will be a bit more saturated or have at least a bit more red in them (like in the auction pic below). Because I really don't want more of this in my collection:

View attachment 648563

View attachment 648566
Agreed, I don't particularly care for set accuracy.

For some reason, I just wasn't into the Data sculpt at all from the photos in the solicits earlier today, but I came across this one he posted tonight and now I'm feeling it. It's tricky with EXO-6, because the prototypes often look WORSE than the final production, which I think is a first from any company. Haha.

Attachments

• 358458767_3549546998625014_1390252496245649028_n.jpg
    358458767_3549546998625014_1390252496245649028_n.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 0
I don't really see the sculpt working as a Lore for me. When I think of Lore, it's with that serial killer smile that says "you just tried to stop me, but now you're gonna die."

The "serious" expression to me reminds me of this look that would briefly come over his face when he was considering something just told to him, which was almost immediately followed by his eyebrows arching up, eyes widening, and a slight head movement as he delivered his line.

But that's just me.

Data is up at Planet Action Figures. Just placed an order there but a shame that they seem to have removed 6 month financing.

Back