EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first time I didn’t receive the email, I was notified by BBTS. Seems like no one has received it from what I see on the forum here.
I got the email from Exo-6 and immediately preordered. Can confirm that they sent the email earlier today.

In the mean time….

IMG5201.jpeg

Is the e-mail address those pre-order e-mails are coming from the same address as the one where the payment e-mails are coming from or is it a different one?
I wonder if I should be putting it on a Whitelist with my e-mail account.

Is the e-mail address those pre-order e-mails are coming from the same address as the one where the payment e-mails are coming from or is it a different one?
I wonder if I should be putting it on a Whitelist with my e-mail account.
hello, Astra, I checked my emails, and I can confirm that the four types of emails I receive from Exo-6 (pre order announcement, deposit payment confirmation, balance due notice, and shipment confirmation) all come from the same email, which is "[email protected]".

The Talosian keeper placed the image of the Pike preorder in my mind, so I engaged with it and made the preorder so.

Looks decent, but I’m on the fence. Seems fairly bare bones for $250 shipped. That’s kinda nudging up on Hot Toys pricing for a pretty standard figure that doesn’t have a particularly unique or complex uniform and fairly basic accessories.

But the sculpt looks pretty good. Wish they had toned down his front hair stack….
Yeah, I know Mount does have that hairstyle but I can’t help but feeling it looks kinda goofy. The tunic looks odd to me as well. Almost like it poofs out too much or something.

hello, Astra, I checked my emails, and I can confirm that the four types of emails I receive from Exo-6 (pre order announcement, deposit payment confirmation, balance due notice, and shipment confirmation) all come from the same email, which is "[email protected]".
Thank you very much! I do think that it is my e-mail provider probably blocking them. I have now put a special "always receive e-mails from this address" instruction, let's see whether that helps.

I usually do get the confirmation, payment and shipping e-mails and I read about pre-orders in here, but still. Needs to work.

Yeah, I know Mount does have that hairstyle but I can’t help but feeling it looks kinda goofy. The tunic looks odd to me as well. Almost like it poofs out too much or something.

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpeg
    IMG_2596.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
In 2 and a half years I've gotten 3 figures: First Contact Picard & Data, and Sisko from DS9.
But now on pre-order I have: Saavik, Kruge, Kira, Odo, Quark, TNG Data, PIC Picard and SNW Pike. The shelf's going to be a lot fuller soon!

Guys, just wondering but are most of you buying every release coming out ? I don’t come by to the ST threads much these days but I notice many collectors are in on almost every ST series. Do you guys have that much room to display every line and not collect other figures ? The other Q is if you ever need to sell to free up room or just want to sell some figures, be aware the market looks to be pretty flooded and you may end up not easily able to sell. I still buy but very selective because of the above. Something to think about as more figures are released.

Last edited:
If you're in this hobby to make money, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not buying every release, but I bought Janeway and Seven from Voyager, Sisco, Quark, Keira, and Odo from DS9, Data from TNG, Pike from New Worlds ,and Saru from Discovery.

Will buy the main 3 for Wrath of Kahn, and more TNG. But no interest in original crew or other Voyager figures.

Will do what I do already with my collection- rotate things out as I wish!

Guys, just wondering but are most of you buying every release coming out ? I don’t come by to the ST threads much these days but I notice many collectors are in on almost every ST series. Do you guys have that much room to display every line and not collect other figures ? The other Q is if you ever need to sell to free up room or just want to sell some figures, be aware the market looks to be pretty flooded and you may end up not easily able to sell. I still buy but very selective because of the above. Something to think about as more figures are released.
I only buy the ones that have personal value and don’t sell any of them. I’m aware this hobby is for money I’ll never get back, all it takes is for some other company to make a newer and better version of something I have to make it completely worthless to most. Space is a concern, I almost never collect the entire line, only characters I feel connected to. Those are First Contact Picard and Data, Sisko, Janeway, Tuvok, Doctor, and Locutus. I plan on getting all the Wrath of Khan ones Exo 6 makes and that would be all for ST.

Market value is of no concern to me because I don’t participate in aftermarket trade. I can see others who are trying to rotate things out of their collection have this concern, ST has potentially expansive lineups. I’m mostly a HT Star Wars collector, ST is the only other 1/6 IP I engage with, space hasn’t become a huge issue yet. But when it does I can shuffle things around or temporarily box things until I make more display areas.

Last edited:
I get and plan to continue to buy every figure/chair/console etc.

I change my display seasonally so not every figure is on display year round. Sometimes I don’t even have figures out and just props.

In this hobby you can’t worry about market value if you do it will kill the fun of the hobby.

To echo what others have said, I just buy what I like and assume I would not sell it or that it is not recoupable. I have so far gotten Janeway, EMH, Locutus, Sisko, Quark, and Archer. I love all the series, but for the ones I am less interested in, my plan is to get the captain +/- 1st officer. I have Data, Odo, and Pike on preorder and I will get the doctor from every series as well.

With any Hobby (and I have been collecting vinyl/art toys for 20 years) buy what you like, don't buy to resell higher. That is not a hobby, that is a side-job.

You are right though, the secondary market is flooded. I've been lucky to get most of these figures below retail with patience.

In terms of displaying, I don't do the whole "detolf in a hermetically sealed room with precise humidity and temperature control." These sit on my desk. I *gasp* play with them/pose them whenever I feel the need/want to.

I initially stumbled into the r/HotToys subreddit before finding this forum. At a certain point, it seemed like folks were spending more time talking about boxes, storage, temperature, displaying, than actually taking time to enjoy the figures. I also don't understand the idea behind being a completist for completist sake. Why collect something you don't want/like/have a connection to?

/rant

Back